Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2016 5:40:04 PM EDT
It probably is.

AUG for sale and the price looks decent, better double check before sending payment. A few people are getting scammed on an AUG by the same guy.

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=10182.0

Save a bit more money and buy from a reputable source, people are getting taken for thousands of hard earned dollars.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 1:30:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Ouch, what sucks is PJ would sell you a brand new AUG M1 for not much more, at least from what he quoted me awhile back.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch, what sucks is PJ would sell you a brand new AUG M1 for not much more, at least from what he quoted me awhile back.
View Quote

Depending on the setup, he could have bought a new AUG from Pete for less than what he was scammed for.

I feel for these guys that got scammed. A simple search or post or phone call could have guided them to a legitimate source for an AUG.

I was once shafted out of pay for a hard day's labor roofing in the middle of August. It's been 15 years since then and I'm still ticked I wasn't paid. These guys must be sick with anger.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I was wondering, is there not something for firearms like Paypal?  Does Paypal have some kind of stupid gun policy?
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I was wondering, is there not something for firearms like Paypal?  Does Paypal have some kind of stupid gun policy?
View Quote

Paypal will kill your accounts if they know you are buying or selling gun items through them. They're very ani gun.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 9:46:37 PM EDT
[#6]
May as well bump this. Prime time to scam people.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Don't trust Armslist unless it is a local sale that you can meet up....
I recently bought a A3 for $1400 on GB tho.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#8]

LOL.....Armslist   I've seen "PSG1s" for sale there for $2500.   You'd have more fun just throwing that money out the window.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 7:51:41 AM EDT
[#9]
For the big bucks items, I'll choose a new gun from a brick and mortar store I can verify with a search over a discounted used one from a private seller, mainly for the security of knowing I won't be defrauded.

Factory warranty usually comes with it too, which is easily worth the couple hundred dollars difference if you need it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately another person just got taken by the same asshole, Xaviar Jamal Morris.

Link Posted: 12/29/2016 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unfortunately another person just got taken by the same asshole, Xaviar Jamal Morris.
View Quote

Man, this is why I ONLY deal with FFLs.....it's just too risky.  That one kid on the bullpup forums was out 1800 bucks that he had really scrimped for. 
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
LOL.....Armslist   I've seen "PSG1s" for sale there for $2500.   You'd have more fun just throwing that money out the window.
View Quote

I only deal with Armslist transactions FTF, after I have talked to them on the phone. I have been lucky so far.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I most likely would go find this scumbag.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#14]
FUCKEN SCAMMERS...

Big smack talking black dude and his momma defends him.

Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#15]
The "trick" to buying from out of state on Armslist is to have the seller take the firearm to YOUR CHOICE FFL that you look up in their area of town(Not one they can scam you with that they choose).  You speak to the FFL before the deal happens and explain to them that you want them to take the gun in and once the gun is there they can make sure it is as described.  Once it is there and they tell you it is, you can safely send payment with the agreement to ship it to you once that has happened.

This should be ideal for both parties, and if the seller isn't comfortable with it, RUN AWAY!
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 1:32:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The "trick" to buying from out of state on Armslist is to have the seller take the firearm to YOUR CHOICE FFL that you look up in their area of town(Not one they can scam you with that they choose).  You speak to the FFL before the deal happens and explain to them that you want them to take the gun in and once the gun is there they can make sure it is as described.  Once it is there and they tell you it is, you can safely send payment with the agreement to ship it to you once that has happened.

This should be ideal for both parties, and if the seller isn't comfortable with it, RUN AWAY!
View Quote

I would never purchase non ftf with armslist

But your scenario should offer far better protection than dealing straight up with the seller

No legit FFL is going to risk his livelihood pulling a fast one at his place of business ( 1 would think )
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#17]
But there are deals out there.

Like for instance, my SCAR 17 was a local FTF and he needed the money right then and there. Met at the Walmart parking lot and I had my brother with me and another truck with friends in it also.

1800 USD and a black SCAR 17 was mines. He had receipt and everything and he took a 400 USD hit but his truck got fixed.

Got some kind of employee discount working at Sportsmans on it.

End of day, plan accordingly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top