Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2016 10:56:37 AM EDT
I am an RO at the NRA HQ range and we have events from time where large groups of people come to shoot and they ask RO's to brings guns for the groups to use. The range supplies the ammo. They usually end of being 1-2 hours of hell for the guns. But it is a great way to test your gun to see how well it will hold up. I have seen several guns die at these events and so it is a great way to tell if your gun would hold up to sustained fire. I have had an AR of mine start to choke at such an event. My Sig 556 has been to a few of these events and never failed. I have seen a tavor die at one and so was interested in bringing it, since currently the tavor is my "go to" rifle.

It saw an hour and a half of nearly constant shooting. It saw at least 50-70 people shooting an average of 10 rounds. One person after the other, with the only brake being me explaining to the next person where the safety, bolt release and magazine are/go. They did not rapid fire. But every 2-4 seconds a shot.

It got HOT. DAMN HOT.
I have the geissele trigger, both pack and metal trigger upgrade. Even the metal trigger got hot. Not too hot to touch, but hot.

The rail on the other hand burned me. Anything metal. The take-down bolt, for instance, burned me. I had to keep it on the table and explain to each new person. The charging handle was even hard to pull because of the heat coming from near it.

I recently bought the ACOG and it had not been locktighted to the mount. It got a slight wiggle. So I am glad I got that fixed.

I'm a good bit more confident in the tavor now.

Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:57:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good.  My tavor is my backup go to
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm glad there are people out there that do these things so I don't have to.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We ran 2000+ rounds on full auto in under 4 hours through an X95 at Bullpup Shoot last year.  We finally had to let it cool down, but it never failed.

Sven

Manticore Arms
View Quote
Have you guys noticed and corrosion on the action spring at the front of the piston. We had two go down with broken springs and when I looked with a magnifying glass I could see small pit rust. We have high round count rifles, shot a lot everyday

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top