Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2016 8:25:56 AM EDT
Hey my friends, was wondering what slings you were running, ill be using an AUG A3 with 3x optic. any help appreciated. Cheers Scott
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged. Wondering the same thing myself.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I typically use the 2 point factory sling or other aftermarket slings but recently bought the gearhead flex mount. The flex combined with a QD pin from Pete is a great combination.

When using the factory mounting points and a simple 2 point sling, running the sling on the right of the receiver and coming up on the left in front of the pistol grip has worked well for me.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I typically use the 2 point factory sling or other aftermarket slings but recently bought the gearhead flex mount. The flex combined with a QD pin from Pete is a great combination.

When using the factory mounting points and a simple 2 point sling, running the sling on the right of the receiver and coming up on the left in front of the pistol grip has worked well for me.
View Quote

This.

I tried running my A3 with the sling mounts it came with using a Blue Force Gear 2 point sling, but I always felt like it was getting in the way at the charging handle for me.
I do the same thing maleante does now - flex mount and a QD pin from Pete and run my Blue Force Gear sling on that and it has been great.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Urban ERT convertible 1 to 2pt sling.  
GHW Flex swivel is my rear mount point which I use when running single point sling mode - basically for short match stages or when I won't be running around much weapon 'dangling.'
For 2 pt mode, I leave the Flex swivel at the rear point and use one of the Manticore Talon side QD attach point = works fine.  
If/when I swap out the Talon or when I pick up an M1 receiver, I'll likely keep the same rear setup (the Flex swivel is in a near perfect spot for single point sling mount for those who may run them..IMO), and get a 90* rail mount QD socket for the front point.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a 2 point bungee sling.  I can't remember the maker off the top of my head.

I like being able to have the rifle real snug, and still be able to move it enough if the length adjust slips out of my hand, or I miss it entirely.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 12:02:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Blue Force padded 2-point using the factory sling swivels.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Maleante, any chance you could post up a pic or two. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#8]
This is pretty much how I run my two-pt adjustable sling on the AUG (both older A3 and M1 versions), although you don't need much adjustment in a two-pt because of the close proximity of the two sling attachment points on the AUG. Mine goes around the off side and under the receiver just like the pic. Totally keeps it out of the way of the CH and everything else.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#9]
With the 2 point sling, you run it around and under the gun so you avoid the charging handle. Just like below.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:15:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is pretty much how I run my two-pt adjustable sling on the AUG (both older A3 and M1 versions), although you don't need much adjustment in a two-pt because of the close proximity of the two sling attachment points on the AUG. Mine goes around the off side and under the receiver just like the pic. Totally keeps it out of the way of the CH and everything else.
View Quote

Exactly how I do it - unless I use the gearhead flex and Pete's QD buttpad pin.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 7:52:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I like the Magpul MS3, usually in single point mode with a Blackhawk single point sling adapter.

Link Posted: 7/26/2016 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I like the Magpul MS3, usually in single point mode with a Blackhawk single point sling adapter.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3731296/IMG_1099%20%28Medium%29.JPG  
View Quote

Had one of the BH stock wraps, and really dislike it in comparison to both the Urban ERT wrap, and now the GHW flex Swivel (assuming you can use a QD sling mount).
YMMV, I installed the BH wrap once for giggles, nowhere near as tight and secure as the ERT wrap...but I wouldn't recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top