Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2016 7:37:44 PM EDT
shot my new X 95 for the first time today; I was using a suppressor. Every so often it's would fire two consecutive rounds with one trigger pull. I would like some help diagnosing the problem.
What it do this if it was over gas?
Do you think I am getting hammer?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd get in contact with IWI ASAP and let them know what's going on. Firing more than 1 round on a single trigger pull can get you into big trouble and has bit people in the ass for not fixing it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Any chance you're bump firing it accidentally?

I've done that a few times without realizing I was doing it.

AJ
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I've heard the term bump fire but am not exactly sure how it's done.
I don't really want to know either, at this time, but what would a good defense to bump firing be?
Have a firm grip and good shoulder weld on the rifle?

I'm kind of leaning toward one of these but I don't need any trouble from it either.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've heard the term bump fire but am not exactly sure how it's done.
I don't really want to know either, at this time, but what would a good defense to bump firing be?
Have a firm grip and good shoulder weld on the rifle?

I'm kind of leaning toward one of these but I don't need any trouble from it either.
View Quote

Bump firing is completely legal so if that's what happened it's a user error issue. Basically your finger stays put and the rifle moves under recoil so that the trigger can reset then you are pushing the rifle forward again it "bumps" your finger and fires again. Yes a firm hold would stop such a thing from happening. If its not from bump firing back to iwi stat as other have said.

5.56 especially suppressed is very mild recoil wise so unless you have a really weak hold on the gun I'd think its a rather unlikely cause.
Link Posted: 7/26/2016 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest removing the suppressor and see if the weapons doubles.  If not,  then load 3 rounds into a magazine with the suppressor and fire it. If it doubles then try one round chambered without a magazine and fire it; did the hammer remain in the chocked position or follow the bolt forward?  If the last test results were followed the bolt home....look at the operator as the problem. I do not think that the weapon is at fault unless it has been messed with. JMHO
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
IWI is an awful firearm manufacturer. I would never buy a gun from IWI

This is a technical sub-forum, and vague blanket statements about a company as a whole, political or reputation complaints about a company belong in General Discussion or somewhere else. Thanks. <AJ>
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#7]
And... he had a double-tap... I guess. <AJ>
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who are you, again?
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
WTF?
Attempted humor? At least that's the way I took it.

What is it they say? Even bad publicity is better than no publicity.
All this bad talk is making me consider one.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This is a technical sub-forum, and vague blanket statements about a company as a whole, political or reputation complaints about a company belong in General Discussion or somewhere else. Thanks. <AJ>
View Quote
The two in our fleet have gone past 250,000 rds. They've beat ARs and AKs for longevity, but I only have a small example. I'm impressed by them as a company too.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The two in our fleet have gone past 250,000 rds. They've beat ARs and AKs for longevity, but I only have a small example. I'm impressed by them as a company too.  
View Quote

This really makes me think about getting one!
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't own a bullpup, but I am really tempted by this one.  Love the updated features, but I hear bad things about accuracy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 2:38:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I can't imagine accidental bumping unless the X95 is a complete revolution in bullpup trigger weights.  The only time I have had it ever happen is under 3.5lbs of pull weight and with very short trigger pull from reset.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:29:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't own a bullpup, but I am really tempted by this one.  Love the updated features, but I hear bad things about accuracy.
View Quote

Get the standard Tavor...they are awesome.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:57:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree.  I think the X-95 is a step backwards.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:30:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I just got an X95 and put about 500 rounds through it this weekend. Mine does not have a suppressor and I had a few doubles on it too.  At first I thought I imagined it until someone asked me how I fired off two shots so fast.   I have a couple AR-15s and an AR-10 and in many thousands of rounds fired have never had that happened before.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]
It is not difficult to attain perfection with the Tavor. With the addition of the Geissele trigger pack and the lightning bow trigger, IMHO nothing comes closer to  perfection in a urban setting.              

As for the X95, I have handled it but not shot it, and do prefer the way the SAR felt.  However, my wife felt more comfortable with the X95 than the SAR, this may have to do with the fact that she stands at 4'-10" and the shorter reach for the charging handle was a big factor in her decision.

They are both great weapons and it may come down to simple preference, perhaps associated to the individual's physical attributes.  The AK47 vs the AK74 comes to mind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top