Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, so I finally got to hold my RDB yesterday!!!   It came in to the FFL and I went in to do my NICS background check and provide the muzzle device which they will soon attach
before I go back to take it home.   But holding and looking at the RDB was nice.  It felt really solid as everyone else here has said, even kind of weighty. I can't tell if it felt lighter than
my Tavor at home, but when I bring the RDB home I will be able to compare weights.  The ergonomics felt good, the magazine release felt fine. I only held it for a few minutes before handing it
back to the FFL, so I don't know anything for sure yet.

I have a few questions.  My RDB came with some extras, but I'm wondering if anything was missing from the box when I received it.

Here is what was in the box:

>1 Black Sling
>1 Orange Chamber Flag
>1 Owner's Manual
>1 Sling Point Attachment set, Including:    2 buckle looking things, 2 skinny metal clasp/clip type things, 1 Triangular Shaped hook thing with a spring lever thing.
>Some stickers
>No Magazine

Is anything missing according to what you folks received?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Okay, so I finally got to hold my RDB yesterday!!!   It came in to the FFL and I went in to do my NICS background check and provide the muzzle device which they will soon attach

before I go back to take it home.   But holding and looking at the RDB was nice.  It felt really solid as everyone else here has said, even kind of weighty. I can't tell if it felt lighter than

my Tavor at home, but when I bring the RDB home I will be able to compare weights.  The ergonomics felt good, the magazine release felt fine. I only held it for a few minutes before handing it

I have a few questions.  My RDB came with some extras, but I'm wondering if anything was missing from the box when I received it.

>1 Black Sling

>1 Orange Chamber Flag

>1 Owner's Manual

>1 Sling Point Attachment set, Including:    2 buckle looking things, 2 skinny metal clasp/clip type things, 1 Triangular Shaped hook thing with a spring lever thing.

>Some stickers

>No Magazine

View Quote

I received a 20rd PMAG with mine.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 12:51:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

>1 Black Sling
>1 Orange Chamber Flag
>1 Owner's Manual
>Some stickers
>No Magazine

View Quote

I believe I received a 20 or 30 rounder with mine I can't remember.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:32:24 PM EDT
[#4]
A magazine? Hmm.

Were there any additional sling mounting components included besides the 5 metal pieces I mentioned?
The small ziplock baggie they came in was slightly torn when I opened the box; I'm worried that perhaps a few small parts may have gone astray.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 1:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A magazine? Hmm.

Were there any additional sling mounting components included besides the 5 metal pieces I mentioned?
The small ziplock baggie they came in was slightly torn when I opened the box; I'm worried that perhaps a few small parts may have gone astray.
View Quote

If you're in MD I'd suspect the magazine is missing due to its capacity. Obviously you know your laws better than me, but isn't MD limited to 10?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, we're limited to 10 round mags. I'm not worried about the magazine; I have plenty.

I'm just worried about any other parts or components, especially the sling accessories.

What else might have come with your sling accessory package?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, we're limited to 10 round mags. I'm not worried about the magazine; I have plenty.

I'm just worried about any other parts or components, especially the sling accessories.

View Quote

I didn't get anything other than the things you listed.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:35:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Edited:  Please see the warning above. -- HS
View Quote

I just now saw this. No disrespect to the mod, but why was this particular post edited? There was nothing in that post that should have been implied as offensive
or sarcastic. I politely addressed Aeneas2020's invitation regarding shooting the RDB as well as recounting my own experiences with my own AR15, all in a very civil manner.

We all know tone of voice or "sarcasm" doesn't translate well via electronic messaging; nothing I said in this thread was intended to reflect argumentativeness, only
objective debate on a relevant topic which I am interested in.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just now saw this. No disrespect to the mod, but why was this particular post edited? There was nothing in that post that should have been implied as offensive
or sarcastic. I politely addressed Aeneas2020's invitation regarding shooting the RDB as well as recounting my own experiences with my own AR15, all in a very civil manner.

We all know tone of voice or "sarcasm" doesn't translate well via electronic messaging; nothing I said in this thread was intended to reflect argumentativeness, only
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Frosty let's just move on man. Offer is still open any time you have some free time. Enjoy your RDB and post some pics. I'll be interested to see it in MD config. Also as for missing parts it doesn't sound like you are missing anything but if it turns out you are let me know i'll dig through my stuff and send you what you are missing. I wouldn't expect kel tec to be in a position to send out parts any time soon as when I called them i was told that all parts were being allocated to production and that spares or replacement parts would not be available for the time being (although that was a couple of months ago and i'm sure if you had a major breakage that would change).
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is there supposed to be a prescribed manner to assemble the sling using the metal sling attachment points?
There is nothing in my manual describing this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Can you post up a pic of exactly what you got and what you are trying to assemble? Mine came with all the attachment points already on etc.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:09:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Frosty let's just move on man. Offer is still open any time you have some free time. Enjoy your RDB and post some pics. I'll be interested to see it in MD config. Also as for missing parts it doesn't sound like you are missing anything but if it turns out you are let me know i'll dig through my stuff and send you what you are missing. I wouldn't expect kel tec to be in a position to send out parts any time soon as when I called them i was told that all parts were being allocated to production and that spares or replacement parts would not be available for the time being (although that was a couple of months ago and i'm sure if you had a major breakage that would change).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds good. I live a thousand miles from Florida, so visiting the area is out until Winter Break from college I suppose.
I'll try to get some photos once I have my rifle back from the armorer.  

Hopefully Keltec releases spare parts for the RDB, as well as spare barrels of varying lengths.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Can you post up a pic of exactly what you got and what you are trying to assemble? Mine came with all the attachment points already on etc.
View Quote

This Is what I've got.  I hope it's correct.

Hmm I can't figure out how to attach photos. I'm using an iphone.

I'll have to figure that out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#15]
i'll IM you phone number just text them to me
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#16]
I just picked my RDB up this past Thursday evening, then Friday I flew out to Japan for business.  If you still don't have this resolved by the time I get back I'd be more than happy to take a look for you when I get back home on Friday.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#17]
I just ordered a set of Magpul Pro BUIS for the RDB. Should arrive in a week or so.

Does anyone have any pictures of how the OEM sling is supposed to be setup? I don't know if I will end up
keeping the OEM sling setup, or buying an aftermarket one.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey, congrats on getting your RDB.  I picked mine up a week ago and the next day got sent out of town for work for a week so I just got a chance to shoot it last night for a few minutes.  

I reread your post and got the same sling components you listed.  I haven't mucked with the sling yet but think I have an idea of how it should work.  I'll post up pics when I get it figured out.  However I'm thinking a single point may be better on this rifle.  I have a few different slings - the generic bungee single point, an AIM Sports 1-2 sling and a SOC Sling.  I'm planning to try them all on the rifle and see which I like best.  The SOC is my favorite all around because it's an easy on-the-fly conversion between 1 and 2 point and has easy adjustments.  But the RDB is so compact and with the mid-point sling attachment a single point only might actually be best.  I guess we shall see.  

Btw, Im assuming from your name you're up in Frostburg.  Any good ranges up there?  I live in NoVa and we have a few good indoor ranges here but I am a member up at Cresap in Frederick, MD (my hometown) so I mostly go up there.  If you're ever in the area hit me up and we can go punch some paper.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

RFBs and KSGs have been no worse than other guns
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the RDB proves reliable and durable (time will tell), it will be a better rifle than the Tavor.

Because first generation Kel-Tecs have such a great reputation for being durable and reliable.  

KSGs most certainly have been worse than most other shotguns.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 7:24:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Just saw Hard Shells statement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFjVBzC2er0

They seem plenty busy to me.  They seem to make stuff people want as fast as they can make it.

Personally I want a RDB in FDE  
View Quote

That was a neat video.  They seem to employ a good number of people.  

I almost never see Keltec products at the LGS.  I do like their products though.

Have been checking inventory at Davidsons.  Most of the Keltec products seem out of stock.  GB has some though.  I might pick up an RDB soon, looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#22]
So does anyone know how the sling is supposed to be set up?
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:35:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So does anyone know how the sling is supposed to be set up?
View Quote

I have it setup, but I don't think it's the absolutely correct way. I ended up with an extra buckle thingy.

Perhaps fittingly, I got a Stupid Simple Sling for cheap, and I'm going to use that instead.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:37:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Set mine up too but dont think its what they had in mind, lol.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:44:39 AM EDT
[#25]
I also am wondering about the sling. Does anyone have proper photographs of the "correct" way to set up the sling? I wish Keltec offered some instructions for the
sling in the manual.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the RDB proves reliable and durable (time will tell), it will be a better rifle than the Tavor.

Because first generation Kel-Tecs have such a great reputation for being durable and reliable.  

No they havent........The biggest problem with the KSG has been operator error.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 11:22:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone notice that the RDB bolt lugs are similar to the KAC E3 bolts? They have no sharp corners like a standard AR bolt. The lugs are rounded and the bolt in general looks beefy.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:23:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anyone notice that the RDB bolt lugs are similar to the KAC E3 bolts? They have no sharp corners like a standard AR bolt. The lugs are rounded and the bolt in general looks beefy.
View Quote

Well Kel-Tec is only about 15 miles from the KAC plant.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 5:23:49 PM EDT
[#29]
yeah, they always planned on making it in 6.5 grendel and possibly 7.62x39 so a bigger bolt makes sense. got over 1000 rounds of steel and brass cased ammo through mine. No malfunctions so far.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#30]
any more updates?  I'm itchin to get a bullpup or sbr/pistol in case there is a hildebeast sale (major price increase).
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:40:01 AM EDT
[#31]
8 RDB's on gunbroker as of 10-19.  about a month ago there were 25 or so.  I'm wondering if Keltec is holding back to fix a problem before releasing more.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
8 RDB's on gunbroker as of 10-19.  about a month ago there were 25 or so.  I'm wondering if Keltec is holding back to fix a problem before releasing more.
View Quote

Could be speculative holding by sellers - if Hillary wins you can instantly tack on $400 and if she loses you can still list it at the same $1200 they seem to go for.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Also unless something has changed Kel-Tec generally makes guns in batches so it could easily be they aren't making any right now.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:51:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Coming to far reaching conclusions based on erroneous logic, is like a past time here.

If you have low inventory, usually that's a sign of high demand.  Maybe they are all bought out due to the election?  If you really want to know, look at the volume sold, and the prices they sold at.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#35]
They are the 6th biggest gun company in the US and increased production by like 50% in the last couple years. So yeah, demand outstrips production.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I am looking for an RDB if anyone knows where a reasonably priced one is.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Just a tip to some in this thread. I put down $50 toward 1$100 on one (OD GREEN) here in orlando FL (an hour ish away from keltec) back toward the start of the year. After getting inpatient and the election looking bad (wikileaks showing executive order to strip rights from hillary)  I was fed up and decided that the OD green probably wasn't going to happen so I called my LGS. He told me they have yet to get one/track one in any color. So I went to KTOG (kel tec forum) and saw a thread where some guy said he saw one at his LGS for $967 so I said what the hell and gave his LGS a call and they said they would sell it to me no prob over the phone and ship it to my FFL here in Orlando.   And that is the story of how I got my RDB. Don't give up and keep your eyes peeled on the forums if you see someone post up that they saw one in their LGS hop on google get their phone number and give it a go.  I still have my deposit in hopes that one day I can get an OD green one and flip the black one but one thing Ill say is this rifle is crazy short!

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just a tip to some in this thread. I put down $50 toward 1$100 on one (OD GREEN) here in orlando FL (an hour ish away from keltec) back toward the start of the year. After getting inpatient and the election looking bad (wikileaks showing executive order to strip rights from hillary)  I was fed up and decided that the OD green probably wasn't going to happen so I called my LGS. He told me they have yet to get one/track one in any color. So I went to KTOG (kel tec forum) and saw a thread where some guy said he saw one at his LGS for $967 so I said what the hell and gave his LGS a call and they said they would sell it to me no prob over the phone and ship it to my FFL here in Orlando.   And that is the story of how I got my RDB. Don't give up and keep your eyes peeled on the forums if you see someone post up that they saw one in their LGS hop on google get their phone number and give it a go.  I still have my deposit in hopes that one day I can get an OD green one and flip the black one but one thing Ill say is this rifle is crazy short!

View Quote

I called a ton of shops around me and a Kel Tec authorized dealer literally got one in this morning so I bought it. $1399 with an X-Products Drum magazine.... I thought that was a pretty good deal. What y'all think?
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I called a ton of shops around me and a Kel Tec authorized dealer literally got one in this morning so I bought it. $1399 with an X-Products Drum magazine.... I thought that was a pretty good deal. What y'all think?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you like it??
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:41:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Picked it up from the dealer today after work. First thing I checked was to make sure the bolt assembly was welded and it was. Nicely welded and smoothed out, then coated. So I don't think I'll have an issue with that. Also the dolt ejector pin was g2g. So with those checked out I think it's going to be a great reliable gun. Trigger felt good, action is nice and smooth, feels well built, and it won't be comfortable shooting the x-products drum mag out of it that's for sure. Lol. It shoulders well and is well balanced. I put my Mepro M21 on it just to try it out. Think I'm going to leave that on there and put a Vortex Strike Eagle on my CZ 805 Bren SBR.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 2:16:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Picked it up from the dealer today after work. First thing I checked was to make sure the bolt assembly was welded and it was. Nicely welded and smoothed out, then coated. So I don't think I'll have an issue with that. Also the dolt ejector pin was g2g. So with those checked out I think it's going to be a great reliable gun. Trigger felt good, action is nice and smooth, feels well built, and it won't be comfortable shooting the x-products drum mag out of it that's for sure. Lol. It shoulders well and is well balanced. I put my Mepro M21 on it just to try it out. Think I'm going to leave that on there and put a Vortex Strike Eagle on my CZ 805 Bren SBR.
View Quote

Wait a minute. I've heard of the welded bolt assembly thing. Can you post a photo of the weld, or the area where it is supposed to be welded, and point it out?
I have an RDB and I want to know what to check for, and where to check.
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 10:12:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wait a minute. I've heard of the welded bolt assembly thing. Can you post a photo of the weld, or the area where it is supposed to be welded, and point it out?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll post one when I get home from work
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Inrange is giving one away

link
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top