Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/28/2016 2:46:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 2:52:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Beat me to it.   $19.95 msrp, black only.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Well that's awesome.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#3]
So, $14-$16 street price?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be my guess; about $14.95.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Prediction time:

Steyr stops bringing in AUG mags from Austria and starts including magpul AUG mags with their guns instead.

What's wholesale on a magpul mag? My guess, for the price of bringing in one Austrian magazine Steyr could buy two magpul mags. It's cheaper and counts as 922r compliance parts...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:53:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Good news for AUG-aholics everuywhere!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good news for AUG-aholics everuywhere!
View Quote

I agree, hopefully the 5.45x39 mags will become reality also.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Prediction time:

Steyr stops bringing in AUG mags from Austria and starts including magpul AUG mags with their guns instead.

What's wholesale on a magpul mag? My guess, for the price of bringing in one Austrian magazine Steyr could buy two magpul mags. It's cheaper and counts as 922r compliance parts...
View Quote

Unfortunately, that's a pretty good prediction, I think.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Heck, at least with AUG mags you could easily identify them as different, visual and tactile. I know I'd throw these in with my AR and head to the range to be very pissed when I got there. It'll be my dumbass fault, but I can see it happening.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:35:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I wasn't expecting to care about the release of the Magpul mags, except a couple weeks ago I tried out some of the cheap mags that some dealers were blowing out a year or so ago.

They darn near melted in the Georgia heat.  Completely worthless for anything but winter use.  I bought so many of them
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought five to test out. If they are good to go, I may buy another 5 and use them as range magazines. Since black is the only game in town and my AUG is mud finish, I'll spray paint them FDE with a band of OD to differentiate them from my (numerous) M4 PMAGS.

The premonition that Steyr will switch to these for 922 and economic purposes is very interesting. One of the hall marks of the AUG is the utter reliability and ruggedness of their magazines. I'm fairly new to the platform but a longtime student of small arms and it's very rare to hear of any AUG magazine issues that weren't caused by the operator ( i.e. Not cleaned or maintained, damaged by hard use or misuse and etc).

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I wasn't expecting to care about the release of the Magpul mags, except a couple weeks ago I tried out some of the cheap mags that some dealers were blowing out a year or so ago.

They darn near melted in the Georgia heat.  Completely worthless for anything but winter use.  I bought so many of them
View Quote
*Shrugs*

I have around 20 of the Steyr mags that were, I think, $14 at the time. Down here in Tampa Bay, I definitely don't have any of those thermodynamic issues like you're mentioning, and we only have summer and springtime down here. Because I have so many of the real deal mags, I don't see any of these Magpuls jumping into my magazine bin anytime soon.

I too would worry about confusing them for AR mags. That may not matter to a lot of folks here, but I'm an equal opportunity black rifle shooter.

Now, I'm not hatin' on us having another option; that part is great. For me it's jut too little, too late, and I suspect a lot of AUG owners may fall in that same camp.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

are those US made mags (with a square around the round count numbers)?  i had issues with them working in my A1.

i can't see Austrian made mags having heat issues since they've been used for decades in the Persian Gulf area  

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#14]
saw some on 44mag.com
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 9:30:48 AM EDT
[#15]
P
Quoted:
*Shrugs*

I have around 20 of the Steyr mags that were, I think, $14 at the time. Down here in Tampa Bay, I definitely don't have any of those thermodynamic issues like you're mentioning, and we only have summer and springtime down here. Because I have so many of the real deal mags, I don't see any of these Magpuls jumping into my magazine bin anytime soon.

I too would worry about confusing them for AR mags. That may not matter to a lot of folks here, but I'm an equal opportunity black rifle shooter.

Now, I'm not hatin' on us having another option; that part is great. For me it's jut too little, too late, and I suspect a lot of AUG owners may fall in that same camp.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Shrugs*

Not a worry here; I haven't run an AR since I first got my Msar then aug.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#16]
This is welcome news.  If $19.95 MSRP, then hopefully that means some ~$15 blowout sales hopefully will eventually be found.  I'll pick up a few at that time.

These will be good for re-load mags, since supposedly one of the spec's was the elimination of the rare round-jump on a vigorous insertion.  Factory AUG mags are great, I've never had a jam - but I have had a round jump out on me once - came all the way out through the ejection port

Interesting that MagPul doesn't address that at all, in their promotional list of advantages.  As far as I'm concerned, that's the only advantage of the MapPul mag.

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
That's good. You've got enough to worry about with the MSAR
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 3:03:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Magpul just posted this over at the release announcement thread....

The original AUG mags don't drop test well, they don't take high temps
well, and they had a tendency to pop the top round loose, inducing a
double feed, when inserting an mag into a rifle with an open bolt.

We actually developed these for and with an end user of the AUG platform to address all of these deficiencies.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:49:19 PM EDT
[#19]
now I want to leave a loaded AUG mag on the patio deck in the Phoenix summer to see what happens.  Should I leave a 30rd or 42rd mag?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#20]
May as well do a 30.  Tension on the feedlips should be the same for both mags.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Pretty cool. To be honest though, it seems a little weird.  I mean I know there's AUG shooters out there, but the market is somewhat limited no?
I'm over here waiting for a magpul MPX mag.  Magpul? ETS?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I love aug mags.... That said I will love some of these as well!!! Whoot whoot
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Pretty cool. To be honest though, it seems a little weird.  I mean I know there's AUG shooters out there, but the market is somewhat limited no?

View Quote

It seems like magpul is focusing on firearms that have been adopted by a military.  They have contracts to supply the Brits with PMags.  Then the Brits adopted the G17, and magpul started selling Glock PMags.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It seems like magpul is focusing on firearms that have been adopted by a military.  They have contracts to supply the Brits with PMags.  Then the Brits adopted the G17, and magpul started selling Glock PMags.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, no doubt, these are for a F88 contract, or Saudis.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

These were developed for Australia for use in their F88s and the new F90s

Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahh, now it makes sense.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I've not been 'gentle' to my AUG mags and have 'a few' still in plastic, so not much real need, but let us know how they work out.
May wait for a sale, for OD and FDE, or maybe both.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She hasn't been out since I got my Augs. Now she's only for family members, like nephews!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Does this new Magpul AUG magazine work with my MSAR STG-556 Gen 4? I am not happy with my MSAR magazines. They gave me FTF once every 30 rounds.

Thanks,

Cal

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got an AIMsurplus email - they just came into stock.
17.95 shipped each.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:44:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

My guess is this project was done so that the new F90 wouldn't have to rely on Steyr mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:14:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My guess is this project was done so that the new F90 wouldn't have to rely on Steyr mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the F90 going to be a reality?
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure Australia makes their own mags.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:34:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Interesting. Mags were one thing holding me back from buying an AUG.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:40:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

iirc, it's already being fielded

Link Posted: 7/1/2016 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry. I should have said, "Is the imported American version going to be a reality?"
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#37]
The AUG mags are good already. I'll buy a few because they're cheap, but I don't see any pressing need for them.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 10:50:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Nope. Too many Mags look the same to me.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:39:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Does this new Magpul AUG magazine work with my MSAR STG-556 Gen 4? I am not happy with my MSAR magazines. They gave me FTF once every 30 rounds.
Thanks,

Cal

View Quote

Since on one here knows the answer to my question above, I went ahead and ordered one Magpul AUG magazine to try out. I will report back here when I receive it.

Thanks,

Cal

Link Posted: 7/2/2016 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Since on one here knows the answer to my question above, I went ahead and ordered one Magpul AUG magazine to try out. I will report back here when I receive it.

Thanks,
Cal

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks,
Cal

Thanks,
Cal

Also interested in results and or answer.

There was a thread along time ago about Aug and MSAR mags interchangeability and can't remember which way it went you could use both mags in one rifle but not the other.
Might have been some fitting involved not sure.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#41]
My MSAR rifle has two vertical raised lines on both sides of the magwell. I know I put an aug mag in there and dang near didn't get it out.
I also opted not to grind down the ridges since I have half a dozen MSAR mags.

Triggerbender, travinh, I suggest you grind a mag instead of your rifles.
Link Posted: 7/2/2016 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#42]
My brother ordered a bunch and asked if I wanted any. Had to pass for now. I have enough AUG mags that I can't justify buying more. Maybe later, but not now.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My brother ordered a bunch and asked if I wanted any. Had to pass for now. I have enough AUG mags that I can't justify buying more. Maybe later, but not now.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat.  Hard to pay $16-$18 when my last batch cost $7.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 4:03:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nope. Too many Mags look the same to me.
View Quote

This.  However, I would gladly deal with this minor issue if we were talking about a shorter, prone capable mag.  A 15-20 round double stack mag would make me buy.  Something short enough for bench or prone shooting -yet retaining standard capacity- would be even incredible.  I'm not sure this is even possible but maybe a quad stack like a Surefire?  Rotary like a Ruger?  I'm not asking for a twin snail drum like the Beta Mag.  Just something more than restricted capacity level for bench use.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 8:37:08 AM EDT
[#45]
There's a near 100% chance that someone at magpul is reading this thread. A lot of people in this thread have been and are flush with Austrian AUG mags - in some cases hundreds of mags. The somewhat common theme so far of people not buying right now is due to just having too many mags to justify buying more.

If I were just getting into the AUG I'd be buying a bunch of the magpul AUS mags, it would have saved me thousands...

Eventually myself and others who have more mags than sense will be buying the AUS mags, but until then THANK YOU for making these available. This is a net positive for the Steyr AUG. Between these new magpul AUS mags, the upcoming Geissele hammerpack and potential civilian F90, lots of good things are happening in the AUG world. Thanks magpul!
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
There's a near 100% chance that someone at magpul is reading this thread. A lot of people in this thread have been and are flush with Austrian AUG mags - in some cases hundreds of mags. The somewhat common theme so far of people not buying right now is due to just having too many mags to justify buying more.

If I were just getting into the AUG I'd be buying a bunch of the magpul AUS mags, it would have saved me thousands...

Eventually myself and others who have more mags than sense will be buying the AUS mags, but until then THANK YOU for making these available. This is a net positive for the Steyr AUG. Between these new magpul AUS mags, the upcoming Geissele hammerpack and potential civilian F90, lots of good things are happening in the AUG world. Thanks magpul!
View Quote

Good point. Same happens in the reloading section. People state their reloading costs with supplies bought DECADES ago instead of comparing cost in current prices. Current a good price on AUG mags are $25.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Excellent post. I'm a huge Magpul supporter and have well over 100 M4 and glock PMAGS. I bought 5 of the Magpul AUG magazine to test. I already have 50 of the factory AUG magazines (mix of 30 and 42 rounds). When I confirm that the Magpul AUG magazines work, ill probably buy another 5, paint all 10 tan with an OD band to differentiate them from my M4 magazines and then use them either as dedicated training magazines or for real world use. Magpul AUG magazines gives me one more option for this platform.

I get the magazines Tueday and I'll shoot one Wednesday to test it.  I'll update this thread Wednesday night with the results.

Can't wait for the Geissle hammer pack.
Link Posted: 7/3/2016 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#48]
I sold my Aug a while back, along with all my factory mags (like an idiot).  Tonight I bought my old Aug back and while I have the Nato and standard stocks, I kinda prefer the standard so I'll have to pick up some more mags.  These Magpul mags are right on time for me
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 1:18:47 AM EDT
[#49]

I might pick up a couple- just to have.
But nothing beats the real deal
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word is that MagPul got a huge contract to make the mags for the Australian F90.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top