Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#1]
What type of Super Lube are you using?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Another match report with this spring in.

First three stages ran fine, no issues at all.

Last stage, for whatever reason, the trigger break point felt like it moved rearward, and the break weight got very noticeably heavier. Enough so that it was really throwing me off. The hammer also had several instances of not resetting from the disconnector after I released the trigger. After the match, I took out the trigger group and checked it out, but couldn't see anything visibly messed up.

I'll have to tinker with it some more to see what's causing this issue. My vague guess is that since the trigger spring is slightly lighter, it's not overcoming the friction between the disconnector and the hammer as well, hence why it gets stuck sometimes. Not sure at all why the break weight went up so much on that stage either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 12:03:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Fired 120 rounds today in my A3M1.  Some manual operation with the gas system turned off: no problems.  The turned the gas system back on.  Some slow fire precision on sand-bags: no problems, felt good.   Some rapid fire for a few rounds: No problems.   Some run and gun 30 round empty-the-mag drills: No problems.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another match report with this spring in.

First three stages ran fine, no issues at all.

Last stage, for whatever reason, the trigger break point felt like it moved rearward, and the break weight got very noticeably heavier. Enough so that it was really throwing me off. The hammer also had several instances of not resetting from the disconnector after I released the trigger. After the match, I took out the trigger group and checked it out, but couldn't see anything visibly messed up.

I'll have to tinker with it some more to see what's causing this issue. My vague guess is that since the trigger spring is slightly lighter, it's not overcoming the friction between the disconnector and the hammer as well, hence why it gets stuck sometimes. Not sure at all why the break weight went up so much on that stage either.
View Quote

Interesting findings, what is the date on your 2020 TSM? I would have to double check, but I believe that there was a slight dimensional change during a production run.
I'd be interested in knowing if you have the same type of issues with the stock sear (slide) installed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
The receipt email I have from Ratworx is dated 1/29/2015 on that sear. I'll try and find some spare time sometime soon and experiment with the trigger pack in general. I'll try the stock sear too and see how much that weighs out at on the trigger gauge.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure if this is working out.  At a 3-gun match, I thought I noticed inconsistent reset on a couple shots, where I had to fully let go of the trigger for it to reset once.  Didn't think much of it.  But this weekend, it happened again.  

Then it got worse.  On two shots, the trigger didn't reset at all.  Pushing the trigger all the way forward, didn't do anything.  I'm not sure if there was a hang-up, or what.  It behaved as though the hammer was already down.  Upon manually cycling and inspection, there was some marking on the back of the ejected live round.  Cycling the gun reset everything and it shot fine thereafter - until it did it again.  Happened twice out of 150 rounds.

Never had this type of failure before.  I'm inclined to suspect the spring is the issue.  Does that ever happen with an AUG?  Does it ever happen with just a 2020 sear in an AUG.   A shame, as it markedly improves the trigger, but if it makes the gun unreliable...

This did occur with some ultra-light reloads (40 gr bullets with a weak charge), that reliable feed and cycle the gun.  But maybe a weaker stroke and so doesn't work as good with the trigger timing?  Difficult to see that mechanically, since if it cycles and feeds, then the bolt is making it all the way back, and hammer certainly has to be cocked by that.  Only thing I can think is the spring tension isn't enough to get the secondary sear to capture the hammer fast enough now?  Not sure.

Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Huh, that sounds the same as what therat is experiencing.  

Thanks for the report.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#9]
In my case, when the trigger wasn't resetting, it was because it wasn't coming off of the disconnector. Pushing the trigger forward did nothing because mechanically, the trigger can only push back on the actual trigger group. The reverse motion doesn't do anything. In dry firing when I've been able to replicate that, the hammer resets off of the disconnector if I smack the stock with my left hand. Still pretty weird. Haven't had time to live fire test it since the last match though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Fired another 200 rounds today to test the trigger one more time.  Several failures to properly reset.  I'll be removing the spring tonight.  It was a cool idea, I'm glad for the chance to use it, it really improved the trigger - but it's not working out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again for the use and update. Anyone else having similar issues?
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:55:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot 94 rounds at a carbine match tonight, after removing the 2020 spring and restoring the factory original.   No trigger failures
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]
I only have about 60 rounds through mine, just haven't had time to get to the range, that'll change soon hopefully. There's been no issues as of yet though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#14]
One thing I noticed with mine is the trigger failures tended to happen towards the end of the shooting session.  Not sure why, it doesnt get very dirty or hot back there.  Though there is a little fouling that blows down into the trigger itself, up front - not much though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top