Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2016 8:14:00 PM EDT
I have been considering getting an M1 for some time and seeing how it runs with a suppressor.

Decided to do the deed when I found out about Pete's June blowout sale and I have a Mud 16" on the way.

Are there any AUG owners out there that can comment on suppressing the AUG? I am going to be using
a second barrel with a Smith Enterprises Vortex AUG Flash Hider (installed by Pete) and a Dave Fisher 5.56mm
Suppressor similar to the Canadian C8 Military setup.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Run mine suppressed all the time...works great.... You will love it some guys talk of piston pop and other things.... I don't mind it and it sounds quieter then my mk18... You will love the m1 they are amazing....

Old pics I need to get some new ones haha

Link Posted: 6/6/2016 11:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I really appreciate the pictures.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:16:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Good stuff !!
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#4]
If I could find a AUG SureFire legacy mount for my 556-212, I would let you know.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#5]
While the Fisher suppressors are a little out of date, they are user servicable and will fit any Vortex flash hider.

I felt I was quite lucky that Smith Ent still had some old stocks of the AUG thread pattern flash hiders.

Did you try calling Pete to see if he had any Surefire mounts lying around?
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, I feel really terrible. One of the members asked me what I paid for my A3 M1 during the sale
and when I responded to him I typed $650 instead of $1650.

I corrected the IM within a couple of minutes, but I really feel bad that I got his hopes up like
that.

Again,my sincere apologies and as I stated in my IM, I'll make you a copy of the AUG armorers
manual to make up for my lack of editing skills.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#7]
optics planet had some surefire mounts as of last week.

I run a SOCOM Mini on mine, only have run it indoors so can't comment on how quiet it really is.  There is some blowback, but if it was outside don't think it would be noticeable.  POI seemed to have a notable impact with can mounted.   Only have had 60 rounds through it suppressed so cant say much more.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine.

Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Optics plant has 4 (was five) Surefire flash suppressor / adapters for a surefire can for the AUG.  Price was 108 , but I got free shipping and 10% off from a coupon so it's mine for 98! These are hard to come by so if you want one I'd get it now.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I could find a AUG SureFire legacy mount for my 556-212, I would let you know.
View Quote

I refuse to use a prong flash hider with a suppressor due to the focused blast baffle erosion. I also couldn't find an Aug closed tine Surefire mount to pin and weld to my factory 14" barrel. So, I had a legacy mount for a Hk Mp7 bored and rethreaded!

Link Posted: 6/12/2016 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Is this blast baffle erosion a real thing? Enough for me to dump my 51ts?
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is this blast baffle erosion a real thing? Enough for me to dump my 51ts?
View Quote

The blast baffle is a wear item in reality, but it's good for tens of thousands of rounds, unless you're doing full auto mag dump after mag dump.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Thank you sir. Not an issue here.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:Thank you sir. Not an issue here.
View Quote

I'm not sure if you're referring to my post or not. In looking at Surefires with 3 or 4 prong flash hiders, It looks like a concern to me, but maybe it's just me.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1655/23732208364_0d4dfd9b3f_h.jpg

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr193/compuvette/20160612_114023_zps8xgatpba.jpg
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes sir, I was but now that I've read it again, I don't use Surefire flash hiders and I'm unsure if I will ever get around to suppressing any of my Augs but thank you for responding.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Well, the most effective flash hiders would appear to be the three or four prong open models.

If I recall, the US military uses that flash hider design on the Mark 14, and the FN SCAR 17, both of which
are frequently suppressed.

I was curious about the use of a cut down MP7 FH on a very short barreled AUG. The MP7 has a
considerable difference in it's blast characteristics as it is a 4.7mm PDW round. My concern would
be how well that particular Flash Hider will hold up under under a 5.56mm blast from a AUG 14" barrel.

I think as general rule, most major sound suppressor manufacturers carefully mate their suppressors to an appropriate
flash hider and Surefire,  AAC and Smith Enterprises all use open prong designs for their government production.

Just some food for thought.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I keep hoping to see someone chime in that has a Ratworx AUG suppressor.  Only ever seen 1 user report on it.
I wonder what happened?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 12:31:23 AM EDT
[#19]

How's the blowback? Any gas to the face issues?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, the most effective flash hiders would appear to be the three or four prong open models.

If I recall, the US military uses that flash hider design on the Mark 14, and the FN SCAR 17, both of which

I was curious about the use of a cut down MP7 FH on a very short barreled AUG. The MP7 has a
considerable difference in it's blast characteristics as it is a 4.7mm PDW round. My concern would
be how well that particular Flash Hider will hold up under under a 5.56mm blast from a AUG 14" barrel.

I think as general rule, most major sound suppressor manufacturers carefully mate their suppressors to an appropriate
flash hider and Surefire,  AAC and Smith Enterprises all use open prong designs for their government production.

View Quote

More to the point, I wouldn't be concerned about baffle erosion on a 14" that much.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I keep hoping to see someone chime in that has a Ratworx AUG suppressor.  Only ever seen 1 user report on it.
I wonder what happened?

View Quote

There was a member that had one but had issues with it. He sent it back then the thread was never updated but he sold it IIRC.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Sparks556 has been running his aug suppressed without issue as are several other guys but I have sakers and they don't play well with a lot of the mounts out there was what I was told.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Sparks556 has been running his aug suppressed without issue as are several other guys but I have sakers and they don't play well with a lot of the mounts out there was what I was told.
View Quote

You could get the 51T or YHM module for the Saker, as they both make flash hiders for the AUG pattern.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I have a 51t but I think it's a 1/2X28. What do I do next?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

More to the point, I wouldn't be concerned about baffle erosion on a 14" that much.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, as a 14" Aug owner wanting to pin a Surefire suppressor compatible muzzle device, I didn't have any options at the time. Aug threaded Surefire muzzle devices weren't available. Thanks for for all of your concerns, but so far it's been nothing but positive!
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 11:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a 51t but I think it's a 1/2X28. What do I do next?
View Quote

You need the M13x1LH AUG flash hider http://www.advanced-armament.com/BLACKOUT-51T-Flash-Hider_p_447.html

And then the 51T MAAD module https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/51t-maad-mount?variant=362771823

If you want to do that you can find the module cheaper at places like exile machine.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks FarmerTed. I think I may have the maad module. I'll investigate it.

I guess I was under the impression that the 13X1s were gone gone.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 6:11:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I got the MAAD module so I'll be ordering the FH and checking it out for myself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks FarmerTed. I think I may have the maad module. I'll investigate it.

I guess I was under the impression that the 13X1s were gone gone.
View Quote

They still have them.

I also noticed YHM makes mounts in 13x1mm LH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top