Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 9:45:50 PM EDT
I took a Leupold 10x scope I had sitting around and slapped it atop my OD green 16" Tavor and brought two kinds of ammo out in a very hasty experiment to check accuracy.

I'm pleased.  

My junk bulk training load shot int 1.75" @ 100Y twice in a row with mixed headstamp brass.  

My DMR competition load shot 1.4" and 1.5" @100Y.  Also mixed headstamp brass.  

Pics of the gun and groups:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMstub4YseGoec0WoiI45qfIyVFVBy8ZpiPOsqoYYRieu1vLYVKahO9WtOjZhjCKQ?key=OW9qVzZlQjFlYTliLTJkY3hQRGZrcmlZUFdGM2VB

The gun is bone stock except for the Geissele trigger pack.  

I think this test shorted the gun a little.  The problem is that there's really no good way to bench this gun down for this sort of work.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:43:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My buddy's SAR Tavor is also a really good shooter....the Tavor is the gun that got me to thinking about bullpups as viable for certain situations.  I am personally not very hip on the X95, I like the regular Tavor.
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Me too.  The X95 is nice but accuracy always wins me over.  

I just had it out to a long range this weekend as an extra 'fun gun' to play with while my long guns cooled off.  

With an ACOG on it, it took me about 20 rounds of 55gr to bust three clays that were laying on the berm at 415Y.  

I don't think that's too damn bad.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top