Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2016 6:53:29 PM EDT
Saw it earlier on my feed today and have been scowering the interwebs for info.

Best place looks like instagram for them link

From what I have read it is a pump bullpup shotgun that "might" be able to saiga mags - (the mag part is all speculation based upon photos)

Anyone else have info on it

Pic (not mine)
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
So it appears to be pump. But it looks like you can only use a vertical grip to pump it?

It uses magazines vs tubes. Which may or may not be a good thing. Have you seen 12 round saiga/Vepr mags? They are ridiculously long. And the KSG holds 14 But the KSG is a pain to reload and you have to manually switch tubes. Also I found the KSG very uncomfortable, painful even.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Your link indicates that the maker plans to have it available by the end of the year. Still in the testing phase according to the link. Looks promising depending on magazine capacity. That 5.56 mini-gun would be cool if it was available for sales to individuals which it would not be.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:42:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:43:36 AM EDT
[#4]
To me personally, it looks complicated for something that should not be. I don't think I would want something that would need a vertical grip to make it function. With the rails/bars?
(?)  being on the inside of the frame and if the piece that attaches the vertical grip breaks, you have a nice club. Cleaning, it seems, it would be tedious as well.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#5]
It's too early and insufficient information to make any judgments on this new shotgun. The article indicated that it is still in the testing phase, so, many changes are possible until it is perfected. As far as rails being inside the frame connected to a vertical foregrip outside (regarding the grip breaking and losing the ability to operate the action), the Steyr Aug also has an external charging handle attached to the internal bolt carrier. Under your theory, if the charging handle broke, then the Steyr Aug would be nothing more than a useless club. I've owned and operated Steyr Augs for almost 20 years and the charging handle, or any other part for that matter, has not failed. And, the charging handle on the Steyr Aug is a lot smaller than the foregrip on this shotgun. I'd just relax and wait for this shotgun to complete the testing phase and see what is finally released.

Don't know how complicated it is to disassemble. Probably disassembles in a manner similar to the Aug, which is not difficult. You want difficult to disassemble/re-assemble? Try the KelTec RFB. That was a lot of fun to take apart to clean. Not!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top