Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 1:45:14 PM EDT
Well, a good estimate anyway.

I have the 556 model and am happy enough with it except for the guy that is having some major issues with his.it looks like Ken is blowing him off but is also seems that he is holding back some info.

Until this gets sorted I will be passing on this rifle.
There has never been much interest on this forum but everyone who has shot mine loves it but they set if down quickly when they hear the price.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I owned a M17s and planned on sending it to Ken but ended up selling it instead.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
The .308 is going to be $2k, which is a bit rich for my blood, considering RFBs are all over the place for $1400 now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Ken makes a great rifle.  Really looking forward to his 308.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The guy with the problems seems vindictive, I wouldn't take much of what he says at face value.

Not to say that he doesn't have a legitimate issue, but he started threads about KM before his gun even got back to his door...

I've never heard a bad thing about KM arms until that guy blew up on bullpupforum. Kind of makes you think...
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:10:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup, there's always going to be one guy that you just can't make happy, no matter what you do.  I have the new M17S, and Ken has worked on a couple of my original M17S', and I've never had any issues with him or the work he has done.  I haven't ruled out buying the .308, it's just way more than I want to spend right now.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I had some issues with the 5.56 model - teething pains, I expect. I had a weak ejection problem that disappeared after adding a Crane O-ring to the extractor spring. Now empty brass is thrown free of the gun every time, no brass piling up in the chassis. Had a few other issues, but Ken fixed those without a problem (I bought the rifle because his office is near mine, so it's a short drive to drop it off for him to look over).

Now that it's running well, I love it. Lightweight with good balance. I've taken it out to 300 yds and hit the plates every time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Corrupt, it's good to hear your rifle is running strong. I hear issues and I "just know" my pistol, rifle or car is going to crap out too; personal issue of mine!

My m17s is packed and waiting for the next range trip!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top