Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2016 5:09:25 PM EDT
Just like MAC and others have reported, my x95 does not drop free on pmags unless they are brand new.  Has anyone found a good way to improve this?

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done anything to mine, but after reading this I felt around in the magwell, there are a few spots that could use some sanding down, probably mold flashing or something. They're pronounced enough to try and grab on the way out possibly.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
it will loosen up with use. All my mag are dropping free with the exception of Colt 20rder
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
May not be just a x95 thing. I had some pmags (damn autocorrect) that dropped free when new from a spikes lower. After sitting loaded for some months they no longer do. They are even starting to fit a little tight in my colt lower. They are tan in color if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May not be just a x95 thing. I had some pmags (damn autocorrect) that dropped free when new from a spikes lower. After sitting loaded for some months they no longer do. They are even starting to fit a little tight in my colt lower. They are tan in color if that makes a difference.
View Quote

Did you have the top clip on?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Negative
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 12:45:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Negative
View Quote

I have mags that has been loaded for literally years that drop free but they had the top clips on. Sounds like to feed lips are opening up when loaded with out them.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Use USGI aluminum, problem solved.

View Quote
I don't own any.  I'm not nuts about them either.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

it will loosen up with use. All my mag are dropping free with the exception of Colt 20rder
View Quote
Did yours not drop then get better over time?

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:56:26 AM EDT
[#10]
When I brought it home the I had a few old Pmags hang up but after practicing mag changes each day they all started dropping free except Colt 20rd mags. Those are VERY tight. PSA had 6.99 c product mags. They work fine and drop free..
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:34:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

USGI aluminum has the advantage of working in pretty much every "AR" spec'd magwell produced.  All the others are crapshoots, some better than others.  What they don't have is the necessary in-vogue tactical look...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 7:48:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 10:26:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a metric shitload of E-Lander steel magazines that work flawlessly. I prefer steel to polymer.
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
LOL, yeah, gotta look good with those polymer magazines that swell a bit over time.  

I will say that the 20 round USGI's are tight- same experience as someone else mentioned.  30 round USGI's - new, old, doesn't matter, they work great out of the X95 when I have used them.

Sven

Manticore Arms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

USGI aluminum has the advantage of working in pretty much every "AR" spec'd magwell produced.  All the others are crapshoots, some better than others.  What they don't have is the necessary in-vogue tactical look...

LOL, yeah, gotta look good with those polymer magazines that swell a bit over time.  

I will say that the 20 round USGI's are tight- same experience as someone else mentioned.  30 round USGI's - new, old, doesn't matter, they work great out of the X95 when I have used them.

Sven

Manticore Arms.
I'm not sure about pmags as a fashion accessory, but they do ship with the rifle.  It seems a little silly that they don't (or certainly won't given enough time) work properly with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top