Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2016 12:04:23 PM EDT
Been lookin at the IDF Tavors; the ones with no top rail but a meprolight mounted directly to the barrel, like the prototype. I understand the back up irons work differently but not sure how exactly. Also, I really like the idea of the meprolight that comes with it, but I have no idea if meprolight will recharge the tritium if you send it in after a decade or so (or if the fiber optics alone will be "good enough" in 20 years).

Just lookin to see if anyone has actually taken the plunge on one...they seem kinda uncommon here. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Check bullpup forums.
IMO buy a "regular" tavor and add your own optic. M21 is outdated and there are a TON of better optic options out there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:02:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one. I like the look of it. Practicality wise the other is probably better. The mepro is wierd to me it looks a bit fuzzy indoors unless I have it aligned just so and really smash my face against the stock, outdoors it's fine nice and sharp. I also have the magnifier with the proprietary mount I have a hard time getting a cheek weld to shoot well with it on. As for the sights the front one works just like the rail one it's a post that swivels up. The rear sight kinda reminds me of deploying a pocket knife blade. Rotate it counter clockwise and up to deploy clockwise to rotate it back down.

All in all I think it looks slick and it's neat but I'm considering either a aug a3 m1 or a x95 because I think both are more practical for most shooting.

Mine has the orange triangle reticle. Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one of the first IDF models made.  I purchased this variant as I am more of a collector and wanted as close as I could get to the Israeli current issue weapon.  As a practical matter I think the standard Tavor is a more versatile choice, but I love the look of the IDF.  As a collectable, the IDF will increase in value while the standard Tavor won't increase as much.  This is due to the sheer number of Tavor standard models sold.  I love my IDF and would have no problem using it or the Mepro21 in any SHTF situation.  The Mepro 21 is a very good optic and not having to use batteries is a plus in my book.  I am not much of a fan of the current trend of rails everywhere that most modern rifles sport these days.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:55:42 AM EDT
[#4]
The m21 is  great optic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a bit of a compromise.
My rifle has a GHW Short Razorback rail and matching front sight to give it more of the IDF look. I still need to choose a rear BUIS, but with the setup I have I can use any AR15 one. I also removed the charging handle slot rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top