Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:13:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got an email from Steyr today, the glass is MEOPTA.
View Quote
Did they specifically say that the STG77 glass is meopta?

If it is, perhaps they went with that orientation for the "back up sights" up top.

Either way, thanks for finding that out.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If it is, perhaps they went with that orientation for the "back up sights" up top.

View Quote
if this is true, then they should be able to make a 3x version
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Does the circle reticle have a little dot in the center or is it just the circle? Just curious.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, no problem.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does the circle reticle have a little dot in the center or is it just the circle? Just curious.
View Quote
yes
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#6]
The anniversary edition definitely cut a few $$$ corners. It's in a cardboard box instead of a case, and it comes with a Steyr AUG A3 manual. The controls are pretty different from the A3!

Like others said, no test fire target or casing. It's BONE dry, not a drip of oil anywhere on it. I highly doubt it has been test fired.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#7]
They all have been test fired, just look at the bolt head, gas plug & piston.

Also look closely at the ejection port area, you will see a few faint brass knicks.

None of the US made AUGs came with a test target.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They all have been test fired, just look at the bolt head, gas plug & piston.

Also look closely at the ejection port area, you will see a few faint brass knicks.

None of the US made AUGs came with a test target.

View Quote
Picked mine up today - it comes with a target alright...with nothing on it - no writing, no holes, nothing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Do the charging handles lock back manually, or was KOAM's problem on page 5 an isolated issue?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Do the charging handles lock back manually, or was KOAM's problem on page 5 an isolated issue?
View Quote
Mine locks back manually.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Turns out my guide rods were installed improperly. My gunsmith squared it away with minimal damage. I have an email into Steyr. I will report back with what they tell me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today - it comes with a target alright...with nothing on it - no writing, no holes, nothing.
View Quote
That's because Pete gave you that target for free. Only people who bought from PJs got a Steyr factory AUG target.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:32:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Steyr has Green buttpads AND green barrel release buttons on order.

If you have an STG77, they will swap you buttons and buttpads.

Here's the catch:

YOU MUST PATIENTLY WAIT.

DON'T BLOW UP THEIR PHONES OR EMAIL, WHEN THEY GET IN I'LL POST SOMETHING. UNTIL THEN, HANG TIGHT.

From what I understand, the green parts were held up and waiting on them would have been a much longer delay on getting the rifles out.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:36:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked mine up yesterday. It is an incredibly nice rifle.

Comparing it to my A1's, I see no reason to buy an A1 today (except for the preban status and collectibility).

I will put pictures up, but might not have time until right before the 4th.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Steyr has Green buttpads AND green barrel release buttons on order.

If you have an STG77, they will swap you buttons and buttpads.

Here's the catch:

YOU MUST PATIENTLY WAIT.

DON'T BLOW UP THEIR PHONES OR EMAIL, WHEN THEY GET IN I'LL POST SOMETHING. UNTIL THEN, HANG TIGHT.

From what I understand, the green parts were held up and waiting on them would have been a much longer delay on getting the rifles out.
View Quote
excellent!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quick question - as someone who prefers the high magnification of 3X - is there any chance this can be had with a 3X rather than the 1.5X glass?  I really like the concept, and want one - they look beautiful.  But I have pause spending that much for a rifle that's not really going to be able to see and pop 6" field gongs at 500 yards so well, which is part of my usage.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 10:36:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 6/29/2017 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#18]
It is sweet.  My inner 80's child is happy.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's because Pete gave you that target for free. Only people who bought from PJs got a Steyr factory AUG target.
View Quote
Yep, Pete told me that after I posted.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:09:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Just an FYI, there are a few on GB $1999-2200.  Thought about picking another up as a shooter and keeping my lower SN gun as a collector.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I picked mine up yesterday. It is an incredibly nice rifle.

Comparing it to my A1's, I see no reason to buy an A1 today (except for the preban status and collectibility).

I will put pictures up, but might not have time until right before the 4th.
View Quote
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

How is STG77 or some new production better, if at all in performance, than the regular shipments of Steyr AUG?
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just an FYI, there are a few on GB $1999-2200.  Thought about picking another up as a shooter and keeping my lower SN gun as a collector.
View Quote
Almost all the regular online gun stores have them for less than 2100.00 right now, amazingly enough at some places they are selling for less than the standard 1.5 model. There isn't much love for this model aside from the enthusiasts. Reddit threads I've seen are extremely critical about it citing the inflated MSRP over a standard AUG, dubious collector value, especially considering Steyr's history of "limited editions" and that they are already talking about making non Anniversary models.

I will say that I wish I had an extra 2000.00 laying around right now, I'd like to get one at that price!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 10:28:51 AM EDT
[#23]
I paid for mine with a CC that had price rewind, so I just got back $170.  For less than $2100 I am happy!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:55:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

How is STG77 or some new production better, if at all in performance, than the regular shipments of Steyr AUG?
View Quote
It isn't its retro cool. Well it might be lighter because the optic housing doesn't have all the extra pic metal and such. It lacks the bolt release though. Did I mention its pretty ? Its a anniversary tip of the hat to the past and not meant to be next gen superior to the m3a1 as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 5:38:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I couldn't tell what @yekcoh meant. The STG77 compared to new production M1's or the old "preban" A1's?

Stg77 vs new AUG's, you lose the external bolt release on the stock, but gain a better 1.5x reticle option and charging handle. There's also something to be said for collectibility.

Stg77 vs preban A1's, you gain many features directly related to reliability and durability. I've been meaning to compare these two, and when I do I'll point out these differences.

Like I've said before, if you're interested in an AUG A1 type gun, forget the preban guns. Get this model, it's upgraded and factory new. From a pure shootability standpoint, the STG77 towers over the old preban guns.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:10:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Almost all the regular online gun stores have them for less than 2100.00 right now, amazingly enough at some places they are selling for less than the standard 1.5 model. There isn't much love for this model aside from the enthusiasts. Reddit threads I've seen are extremely critical about it citing the inflated MSRP over a standard AUG, dubious collector value, especially considering Steyr's history of "limited editions" and that they are already talking about making non Anniversary models.

I will say that I wish I had an extra 2000.00 laying around right now, I'd like to get one at that price!
View Quote
Im starting to feel a little stupid
not that its not a beautiful rifle but did i fall for limited edition hype etc... ?
I paid 2250.00 for mine
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

not that its not a beautiful rifle but did i fall for limited edition hype etc... ?
I paid 2250.00 for mine
View Quote
it's all part of the privilege of buying a new release! if you feel bad over 250 just think about those that picked up a ARX100 for $2k when new, now you can get them for $800 thing is when the last NIB STG is sold the price will start going up.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:36:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I paid 2250.00 for mine
View Quote
Don't man, I paid $1900.00 for a BREN 805 which I never fell in love with, now they are going for 1300.00 on the used market.

Last night I rectified that situation thou and traded my 805 for an AUG :D I'll post that in a separate thread.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 1:56:11 PM EDT
[#29]
It's only Lost Money if you sell it!

(Shoot it a bunch instead)
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 3:34:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 11:47:52 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
That's not a bad review information-wise, couple small details he missed but overall it was pretty spot on. The sunglasses kill me though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Concur about the glasses! Video overall wasn't bad
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Concur about the glasses! Video overall wasn't bad
View Quote
He's blind, and whatever he does for a living gives him way more disposable income for guns than I have.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:23:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

He's blind, and whatever he does for a living gives him way more disposable income for guns than I have.
View Quote
You know. I had watched a few of his videos over the years. Maybe 3 or 4 the last 6-7 years. The blindness thing didn't click. But it makes perfect sense.

From my understanding. He was a history teacher/professor at one point. Now him and his father own an FFL.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:40:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You know. I had watched a few of his videos over the years. Maybe 3 or 4 the last 6-7 years. The blindness thing didn't click. But it makes perfect sense.

From my understanding. He was a history teacher/professor at one point. Now him and his father own an FFL.
View Quote
I've been following that guy when he barely had 700 subs...
He also has a GB account and currently sells the STG77 and many other interesting guns.
Also, FYI, he replied to me on Youtube that there are quite a bit of guns shown in his videos that are not his, just from friends and people he know.
He explained that being in the gun business and staying connected with fellow gun nuts provides greater access to interesting guns than normal people.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
And here I am, thinking his sunglasses are nutty.

Shoe meet mouth.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Any further mention of a non-anniversary StG77 coming out?
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, but I know someone selling their STG77 optic for $1000.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
If someone buys it for 1K I'll buy an STG77 just to part out ;)
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy cow! Do you think he'll get a taker?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Anyone have a link for a stg77 cheaper than $2,080?  I picked one up from Pete but my card will reimburse me if I find a cheaper price.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone have a link for a stg77 cheaper than $2,080?  I picked one up from Pete but my card will reimburse me if I find a cheaper price.
View Quote
I don't, but I think my card will do that too.  Where is it $2080?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't, but I think my card will do that too.  Where is it $2080?
View Quote
NGOA Buyers Club.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Bought mine today from impact guns in Boise. Should be in next week from their Utah branch. $2400ish, but I don't care it was a bit more. I want the gun bad and I like to shop local at great FFL's. This is the AUG ive been wanting.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I paid 2250.00 for mine
View Quote
Meh, it's only money, you'll make more of it.  It is why I sat out the initial release.  I'm expecting Steyr to keep offering this edition in a non-limited release.  Then again, they have had trouble moving the first 400...so...

I'd gladly own this edition if I could not take such a beating on my 3x M1 or if I was an ARF millionaire.  As it is I have to keep shooting the piggy 3x optic.  Those lines on the STG77, though...
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Just got to pick mine up today, she's beautiful!  The pic just doesn't do it justice.

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Meh, it's only money, you'll make more of it.  It is why I sat out the initial release.  I'm expecting Steyr to keep offering this edition in a non-limited release.  Then again, they have had trouble moving the first 400...so...

I'd gladly own this edition if I could not take such a beating on my 3x M1 or if I was an ARF millionaire.  As it is I have to keep shooting the piggy 3x optic.  Those lines on the STG77, though...
View Quote
Just called SteyrArms. They are planning on making tons of STG77
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cool, really want one of these but I can wait for the price to come down.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is this an attempt at dry pan humor?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top