Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2016 8:24:41 AM EDT
Has anyone installed the Geissele Lightning Bow Trigger in the Tavor? I'd like you opinion and feedback. Wothwhile upgrade?

Also I'm a fairly competent amatuer. I watched a Youtube Video about the install. Is it difficult to do or fairly straightforward?

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
You must remove the barrel, which is best done with the $12-$15 IWI tool.  Or make your own, if you're handy, and have a spare large allen key to sacrifice.  If you order the 9mm conversion kit I believe you get the same tool

Other than that, it's not too difficult.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Search this forum and you will find every answer to any question you may have about the Tavor and Gisselle.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Has anyone installed the Geissele Lightning Bow Trigger in the Tavor? I'd like you opinion and feedback. Wothwhile upgrade?

Also I'm a fairly competent amatuer. I watched a Youtube Video about the install. Is it difficult to do or fairly straightforward?

View Quote

Yes, and yes its 100% recommended.  That paired with the super sabra is awesome.  I compare it to my SSA-E for sure.  Easy to install if you have the barrel tool.  Its only like $15.00, so worthwhile if your going to keep the tavor.  Takes all the slop out and it becomes a great crisp 2 stage with the super sabra.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a video of a guy installing it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXL142WyNk0
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, and yes its 100% recommended.  That paired with the super sabra is awesome.  I compare it to my SSA-E for sure.  Easy to install if you have the barrel tool.  Its only like $15.00, so worthwhile if your going to keep the tavor.  Takes all the slop out and it becomes a great crisp 2 stage with the super sabra.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I shot a Tavor with  the bow and trigger pack installed and it felt more like a ALG trigger with some JP yellow springs with an added stage.  Is there a way to adjust the weight?   I ask because I was considering purchasing a Tavor until I  felt the trigger upgrade.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Guys. I'm going to go ahead and order one today.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Thanks Guys. I'm going to go ahead and order one today.
View Quote

You will like.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to do the install without the barrel tool and managed to break a couple other tools before putting the rifle back together and ordering the correct tool.  If anything I might now have the trigger set too lightly.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 10:57:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried to do the install without the barrel tool and managed to break a couple other tools before putting the rifle back together and ordering the correct tool.  If anything I might now have the trigger set too lightly.
View Quote

As long as you take just the slop out, you are good to go.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#10]
You can also just grind down a 3/8 bolt.  Now you have a hex head you can use tools on for leverage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top