Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 9:47:48 PM EDT
I need to know what the gas port size is on a Factory 16" barrel. I want to have a factory 20" barrel shortened to 16" and threaded 1/2"X28.

I found a web site that listed it at .089 (the same as the 20").

IIRC, all 4 barrel lengths have different sizes.

Years ago I had a 20" AUG barrel cut to 15" and had the flash suppressor permenently attached, it was a pain to get it run after that
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
iirc, the 20" and 16" have the same gas port size.  it's only when you go under 16" that it changes
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont cut it. I would be happy to trade you !!! I would just need to remove this factory rail on this thing . i don't have  the folding grip but you could keep yours and I would keep my rail. Just an option.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
scroll down...

http://www.steyr-aug.com/14incbarrel.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top