Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2016 5:14:02 PM EDT

It won't add any length to my barrel and with the Griffin 3 lug mount on my Octane supressor mounted it should bring the OAL 32.6".  
So even supressed it will be .4" shorter than an M4 carbine

I'll post pics when it's done. Need to send the barrel to ADCO once I get the mount.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you order from? What thread pitch are you going with? I need to do the same thing to my 9mm Aug barrel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 4:06:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep this updated.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered it from Investment Grade Firearms, I haven't got a conformation email yet but I hear he can be slow to reply some times. One thing I like about this is I'll be able to use standard mp5 flash hiders.i decided on the 1/2x32 HK thread pitch due to if the thread protector gets damaged or lost I can order one from a mp5 instead of having to have a custom 1/2x28 made.

Here's a hot link to IGF's 3 lug adapters

3 lug adaptor  
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
So I just got an email stating he is out of 3 lug adapters and is working on other projects at this time. He said he would contact me once they are available. Now the waiting begins
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I just got an email stating he is out of 3 lug adapters and is working on other projects at this time. He said he would contact me once they are available. Now the waiting begins
View Quote

What about roberttrg? I think he has the same parts and they're in stock.

Nope out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Tried Griffin?  MPX folks steered me their way....

http://www.griffinarmament.com/Revolution-3-Lug-Adapters-p/93l.htm
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 12:03:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Could I mount this adapter on my Spike 22 upper since I also have a 3 lug for the Octane can I run it?  Today its using a fixed 1/2x28 mount.

Do you just use Rocksett?  Does it matter if the back half away from the muzzle is a different diameter than the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 10:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump - any updates OP?
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:43:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've got what I believe to be a tros 3 lug on my 9mm AUG. Mine is a ratworx kit that was threaded 1/2x36. It works great with my buddy's Octane. It is the quietest (to the bystanders) 9mm we have tried with 147 grain ammo.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 10:20:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I ordered it from Investment Grade Firearms, I haven't got a conformation email yet but I hear he can be slow to reply some times. One thing I like about this is I'll be able to use standard mp5 flash hiders.i decided on the 1/2x32 HK thread pitch due to if the thread protector gets damaged or lost I can order one from a mp5 instead of having to have a custom 1/2x28 made.

Here's a hot link to IGF's 3 lug adapters

3 lug adaptor  
View Quote

For what it's worth, a knurled thread protector isn't recommended for use with a 3 lug. that is the area that is used for indexing purposes

Also I believe 1/2x28 is used on the navy barrels and is a very popular choice. You wouldn't need a custom thread protector made, there are many sources due to the MP5 navy barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top