Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:43:56 PM EDT
[#1]
MAC, just in case you were wondering about your salesmanship--one of my clients ordered an X95 from copper custom today after watching your video.

And I was tempted to do the same
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:50:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a FDE X95 off gunbroker today. Hope to have it sometime next week.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

MAC, just in case you were wondering about your salesmanship--one of my clients ordered an X95 from copper custom today after watching your video.

View Quote

LOL, well thank you.

I was out today playing with it and a suppressor. I was also figuring out the PMAG issue.  I'm really liking the darn thing.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, there were a couple guys who do gun videos that did a review of the rdb. Dunked it in mud etc. They should put the x95 through its paces.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

need more mag dump videos.

i cant afford this firearm because all my parts for my new AR just came in, but i can still oogle at it over the internet.

Yep, there were a couple guys who do gun videos that did a review of the rdb. Dunked it in mud etc. They should put the x95 through its paces.

The RDB isn't a military rifle in its current form. Just looking up through the ejection port you can see that mud will get right into the channel where the bolt carrier rides and choke it up in short order. Now, if you're not fighting wars with it but say hunting hogs or coyotes with it, it's a darn fine little package and one of the more forward thinking designs.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOL, well thank you.

I was out today playing with it and a suppressor. I was also figuring out the PMAG issue.  I'm really liking the darn thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, well thank you.

MAC, would you be so kind as to try the X95 with the Recce 7 and include that on your next video? I have a Recce 7 and I'm strongly leaning towards the X95 for my first bullpup. Keep up the great vids!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked mine up a few hours ago. It is definitely hit and miss with mags dropping free:

YES (bolt open and closed)

USGI 30 (various makes, used, new, etc)
Pmag G3 10 (one sample, lightly used)
Pmag G3 40 (two samples, lightly used)
Pmag G3 30 window (brand new in X95 box)

YES (bolt closed only)

Pmag G3 20 (one sample, lightly used)

NO

Pmag G1 30 (numerous, used)
Pmag G2 30 (numerous, used and brand new)
Pmag G2 20 (two samples, lightly used)
Pmag G3 30 (numerous, used and lightly used)
Pmag D60 (one sample, lightly used)
USGI 20 (numerous Colt, old alloy follower and new plastic follower - also was finicky with wanting to hold bolt open on empty mag)

My used Pmag G3 30s weren't hanging up by much... I suspect a touch of sandpaper in the right spot inside the mag well would solve the issue with them. The Pmag G2 30s were tight. I do not think they will ever drop free without much tinkering. Hopefully things will loosen up a bit with some use, we will see.

I had an original Tavor for a while and sold it for many reasons. The X95 addressed pretty much all of them. It does in fact feel distinctly handier than the original Tavor, despite the fact they are the same length and weight. Not sure if it is length of pull difference, more vertical grip, or what... but it's better.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:21:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Going to have to hold one of these.

Didn't really care for the feel of the original Tavor but this one looks better.

Of them all the RDB looks the most comfortable but this one has tons of features.  Also watched a video over on the BPF that shows how to modify your X95 to take aftermarket triggers
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
same price as IWI ($100 and you get the right and left bolt)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any ETA on the left hand version?

They say soon, in the next shipment or two I suspect.  We are authorized to convert them to left hand at Copper Custom and have left hand bolts in stock.

If you keep your right hand bolt, we charge $100. If you leave us with the bolt and swap it for a right hand bolt there's no charge. If you buy the gun from us it's totally free (aside from the cost of the gun that is -- we don't charge for installation and head space checking).
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 11:33:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
MAC, would you be so kind as to try the X95 with the Recce 7 and include that on your next video? I have a Recce 7 and I'm strongly leaning towards the X95 for my first bullpup. Keep up the great vids!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL, well thank you.

Yeah, I can run it with a Recce. I just ran my Bren 805 with a Recce 7 and it works great.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#10]
The action looks exposed with those cuts in the receiver. How do you think it will handle fouling, mud, sand, or shit in general getting into the receiver?
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 3:51:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The action looks exposed with those cuts in the receiver. How do you think it will handle fouling, mud, sand, or shit in general getting into the receiver?
View Quote

Not sure, but we'll find out. :)
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

There's a YouTube video of IWI dumping mud, water and sand in a X95 it seemed to work fine.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#13]
MAC I'll watch if you promise to stay away from the trees and steel targets if it hiccups. my VP9 still feels abused...
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
To be honest, I don't think any of these rifles could handle mud being dumped in them.

They are designed to be somewhat water-proof so that they can pass the over-the-beach requirement when they apply for military orders.

But soldiers are taught to clean their rifles and to avoid getting mud in them for a reason.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To be honest, I don't think any of these rifles could handle mud being dumped in them.

They are designed to be somewhat water-proof so that they can pass the over-the-beach requirement when they apply for military orders.

But soldiers are taught to clean their rifles and to avoid getting mud in them for a reason.
View Quote

X95
http://youtu.be/O47aGM7Z5Dk

AUG
http://youtu.be/2pFkcX2cBiY

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:57:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, I can run it with a Recce. I just ran my Bren 805 with a Recce 7 and it works great.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, well thank you.

Awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#17]
I just picked up the FDE model, no issues with GEN3 3's and Lancer AWM. I'm still torn between the X95 and AUG, both have their merits
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:32:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just picked up the FDE model, no issues with GEN3 3's and Lancer AWM. I'm still torn between the X95 and AUG, both have their merits
.<a href="http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/USN-Riverine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/14605871013442099821940_zpsn0qer49f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z336/USN-Riverine/Mobile%20Uploads/14605871013442099821940_zpsn0qer49f.jpg</a>
View Quote

Lol I had a similar idea!

Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Haha, looks like we went opposites on color!
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Never cared much for the original Tavor, but this really has my attention, especially with the replacement trigger guard.  Great video MAC.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 2:19:41 AM EDT
[#21]
FullAssault - Sweet bullpups. How do you like the Hensoldt RSA?
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:45:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
MAC I'll watch if you promise to stay away from the trees and steel targets if it hiccups. my VP9 still feels abused...
View Quote

LOL, yea that's probably not the video you want to use on your dating profile..  
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 12:06:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

There's a YouTube video of IWI dumping mud, water and sand in a X95 it seemed to work fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I'm going to take their word for it. They'd never publish a video that showed anything other than flawless performance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Like I'm going to take their word for it. They'd never publish a video that showed anything other than flawless performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand you thinking they would not show a fail but you think what was shown is fake? I mean, they did dump shit on it and it did fire so are you saying that was edited or special affects?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:49:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Would the Geissele trigger be better on the X95 then the factory trigger Mac?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Is the ejection port cover ant different?  Can it still be replaced with the aftermarket gasket ones?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Can the handguard be switched out for the original shorter one?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#30]
manticore - what parts would need to be switched out to shorten the barrel into NFA config and do you have any plans on making the shorter handguard and Im assuming top rail?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
it is the same ejection port cover, the Manticore Arms  Gasketed Port Cover will fit with no issues.  

Manticore LUMA safeties will mount up too!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the ejection port cover ant different?  Can it still be replaced with the aftermarket gasket ones?

it is the same ejection port cover, the Manticore Arms  Gasketed Port Cover will fit with no issues.  

I'm very excited to see what new stuff you guys come up with for the X95
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, the Geissele is an improvement over the factory X95 trigger. It's more crisp. The factory trigger is light, but it's not as clean / crisp as the Super Sabra.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

It's the same cover.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Will a 10 round magpul mag work in the x95
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, the Geissele is an improvement over the factory X95 trigger. It's more crisp. The factory trigger is light, but it's not as clean / crisp as the Super Sabra.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!  Saved my geissele trigger when I sold my tavor for the x95.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:55:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Will a 10 round magpul mag work in the x95
View Quote

The X95 is STANAG  compatible, so a Magpul will work.

Link

Compatible with: Tavor® SAR, Tavor® X95®, AR-15, M16, M4, HK 416, FN SCAR, MK 16/16S, SA-80

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Mac,
how is doing mag changes while retaining the empty mag? Is working the trigger finger release and pulling the mag natural feeling or is it feel slightly off with the mag being twords the rear?

That is one thing I love about the original Tavor is the mag release. I know some guys real hated this style but we train always retaining the magazine unless it is a emergency and firing the secondary is not a option. Don't laugh but it is more for the prepper style I guess on the what if occasion that these are the last mags I will ever have kinda thought process.

Second question you being a Tavor guy also, what is your Opinions on the two now? I know on your video when you went to Israel you mentioned you really liked the x95 but would not be trading you Tavor for one. I was woundering if this is still how you feel or if the x95 is growing on you? Reason I ask is I have purchased 4 Tavors for my kids with the upgraded triggers and some accessories that I have put away in the safe until they are older. I am working on getting a x95 to try out and am thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy my kids these also if they are as nice as they seem. With the elections coming quick I just have that little warning alarm going off deep in my heart saying get these quick before it is to late....

I really enjoy your videos and we seem to have the same take on many weapons systems I just am trying to decide if I should sell some fun guns to buy these..just want your thoughts thanks brother....

Sorry for the horrible grammar and spelling
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#38]
I think its just me but I prefer the original tavor and I too wouldn't trade up to a X95
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:45:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks MAC...because of your two videos I want one. I love the fact that I can get it in lefty. Since the stupid laws, is it possible to cut down the butt pad or get the original butt plate once a form 1 is approved? If I get one, I'm getting that barrel cut down.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#40]
MAC, that was a great video!  It answered a lot of the questions I had about the X95's suppressor-friendliness.

I'm running dangerously low on arguments to talk myself out of putting one of these near the top of my "buy before November" queue.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I'm running dangerously low on arguments to talk myself out of putting one of these near the top of my "buy before November" queue.
View Quote

One of the reasons why I bought mine. I ended up calling it an early birthday present.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got to hold my first one.... Balance is nice.... Trigger is a improvement over factory Tavors.... Love the rails and overall function and feel..... Mag changes were not bad even when retaining the mag.... Mag button placement was a little different then a ar but workable forsure worked well if you tuck it in the elbow while changing the mags.. Only two things that raised my eye brow a little was there is defenatly a difference in distance between grip and mag. I can feel the inside of my wrist bending around the mag instead of having it lock into my forearm... Defenatly a little different feel.... I did like the straiter grip but am still a little up in the air on the finger groves? I must suck my hand up or something it just seemed to find itself right in the middle of my finger... But all that was on me just finger it at the local shop for five min with the crew in the back... I will say I defenatly am buying me one, they are sweet but not sure if I really give it a huge thumbs up over a standard Tavor... Time will tell...
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I think I'm going to grind down the guard around the mag release button, at least the vertical part start.
The button doesn't push straight in like an AR, it kinda has a rocker motion.

With the guard gone, I should be able to push the button in easier since my trigger finger makes contact at the first joint not the finger print area.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
= Reason I ask is I have purchased 4 Tavors for my kids with the upgraded triggers and some accessories that I have put away in the safe until they are older. I am working on getting a x95 to try out and am thinking I might just bite the bullet and buy my kids these also if they are as nice as they seem.
View Quote

Damn must feel good to have that much money !
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Ok, so after reorganizing my safe I came across my ITL/MARS sight I had forgotten about and buried in the back.  It needed a home, So much for me being able to hold out for 3 weeks before ordering an X95.  Sven, hate to put any more pressure on ya... Lol
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Lots coming :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm very excited to see what new stuff you guys come up with for the X95

Lots coming :)

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
the angled butt pad is very high on my list of needed things!!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Just picked it up 20 minutes ago.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Southpaw here. When are the lefty versions dropping?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any ETA on the left hand version?

They say soon, in the next shipment or two I suspect.  We are authorized to convert them to left hand at Copper Custom and have left hand bolts in stock.

If you keep your right hand bolt, we charge $100. If you leave us with the bolt and swap it for a right hand bolt there's no charge. If you buy the gun from us it's totally free (aside from the cost of the gun that is -- we don't charge for installation and head space checking).

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top