BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel kind of meh about the X95 in non SBR form .... My tavor fits the niche .... Now the SBR version I would be all over
View Quote

This. If I didn't have a Tavor and were in the market is pay the small premium to go X95. As is, I'll wait for the SBR version to give my Tavor a little brother. It's looking more and more like I'll be getting this over an SBRd MDR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It weighs 7.14 lb.

Close to a pound more then my MK18 build with T1, light and forgrip.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it weighs 7.9 lbs!

It weighs 7.14 lb.

7.14 is great. I thought it was 7 lbs 14 oz... I grew up with the metric system.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It weighs 7.14 lb.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it weighs 7.9 lbs!

It weighs 7.14 lb.

Going off your own scale, it weighs 7 lbs 14.65 oz (not 7.14 lbs).  7.9 lbs is correct.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Did they indicate the OD model would ship?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
im the guy that said the standard pistol grip would be inside. I was wrong

I appologize

You SOB, that's the only reason I bought it

I called IWI US today to ask about two things, the new grip and trigger guard (I'm not a fan of the Tavor style handguard) and different barrel twists. The rep told me the grip/trigger guard would be available for sale about when the ODG X95 version ships. I have no desire for a 1x7 twist barrel and asked if a 1x8 would be available but sadly he said only 1x7, which sucks because an ODG X95 with that new grip/trigger guard would make my wallet lighter in short order.

He said they're waiting on parts but plan on AT LEAST a month before distributors get them.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Going off your own scale, it weighs 7 lbs 14.65 oz (not 7.14 lbs).  7.9 lbs is correct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So it weighs 7.9 lbs!

It weighs 7.14 lb.

Must've been all the hookers and blow I had last night

I had it in my head he wrote 7lb 9oz.

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
He said they're waiting on parts but plan on AT LEAST a month before distributors get them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

im the guy that said the standard pistol grip would be inside. I was wrong

I appologize

You SOB, that's the only reason I bought it

I called IWI US today to ask about two things, the new grip and trigger guard (I'm not a fan of the Tavor style handguard) and different barrel twists. The rep told me the grip/trigger guard would be available for sale about when the ODG X95 version ships. I have no desire for a 1x7 twist barrel and asked if a 1x8 would be available but sadly he said only 1x7, which sucks because an ODG X95 with that new grip/trigger guard would make my wallet lighter in short order.

I gotta admit--as someone who has played around quite a bit with the "traditional trigger guard" FS2000, I don't understand everyone's obsession about such things on the X95???  Your hand smacks into things if you're nor careful, and I have found that, for a rifle without a magazine functioning as a "brush guard" of sorts on a pistol gripped firearm, that I prefer the Tavor-style loop.

Can someone explain me the love of the other system?
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I have big hands and the first time I grabbed a tavor my fingers grabbed the handguard.

Immediately did not like it,  do you have things in your life that you don't immediately like? I don't think it's all that peculiar.  

What about your other hand, what brush guard do you use for that? lol

And, by that logic do you think every pistol should have a grip guard on it because a mag doesn't act as a brush guard?

Link Posted: 4/8/2016 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]

I can tell I'm going to want a VFG on my X95 so I guess I'll need a brush guard for that as well
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for clarifying... So it weighs exactly as much as a standard Tavor. Not much of an improvement there. I'll get the x95 when it drops to $1650 shipped, maybe $1700.00 shipped with no cc fee.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:33:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Tim practically jizzing his pants over the x95

not gonna lie, i was too.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/CASkgMiTZDc
View Quote

I unfortunately don't have the time right now to watch the whole video, but I'm wondering what flashlight mount he has on the left side (charging handle side) of his X-95. Does anyone know?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I unfortunately don't have the time right now to watch the whole video, but I'm wondering what flashlight mount he has on the left side (charging handle side) of his X-95. Does anyone know?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not a mount, its just a inforce light
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I want one of these in OD green with the optional grip and trigger guard, please.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 12:20:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They look great at a glance. Will have to research them a bit more. Thanks for the information!

ETA: Spent some time looking them up. It's unfortunate how many reports there are of cracked housings. Appears to be a deal killer for me.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm, may have to skip the MDR for the X95. The MAC video showed the X95 is better than I expected.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hmmm, may have to skip the MDR for the X95. The MAC video showed the X95 is better than I expected.
View Quote

And the X95 actually exists
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:40:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I want one of these in OD green with the optional grip and trigger guard, please.
View Quote

Exactly what I am waiting for - almost gave in and ordered one in FDE, but OD is what I need and a few more weeks won't kill me. Hopefully the trigger guard parts will be available sooner rather than later.

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:53:41 PM EDT
[#18]
MAC video shows that pmags won't drop free.  da fuq  Only 20rd pmags and usgi.  Not happy about that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I shot mine this weekend, the trigger is kinda spongy but I can work with it, sure not paying $350 for the super sabra

Link Posted: 4/10/2016 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Exactly what I am waiting for - almost gave in and ordered one in FDE, but OD is what I need and a few more weeks won't kill me. Hopefully the trigger guard parts will be available sooner rather than later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On Fri IWI told me that the OD and grip parts are at least a month out, maybe by then I'll decide what to get, the OD X95 or AUG. I do wish they'd let folks order with that grip out of the gate vs aftermarket.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 12:06:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

On Fri IWI told me that the OD and grip parts are at least a month out, maybe by then I'll decide what to get, the OD X95 or AUG. I do wish they'd let folks order with that grip out of the gate vs aftermarket.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both are excellent, can't go wrong with either.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s847.photobucket.com/user/samuraijesse/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160409_175604_zpsy1eatzsc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/samuraijesse/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160409_175604_zpsy1eatzsc.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s847.photobucket.com/user/samuraijesse/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160409_175604_zpsy1eatzsc.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab36/samuraijesse/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160409_175604_zpsy1eatzsc.jpg</a>

Well played Sir!

Right now the leading factor is suppression. The mfg of my can does not have adapters for the AUG threads, so I'd have to have the barrel rethreaded or the Ratwork adapter (which I'm not a fan of adapters). With the X95, I unscrew the bird cage flash hider, screw on the 1/2x28 Taper Mount and attach the can, easy. The only question is the gas in the face issue which the Tavor is reported to have.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:52:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Manticore Arms makes an excellent gasketed port cover that keeps the gas issue way down for the Tavor, my guess is a X95 version will be along shortly.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

MAC video shows that pmags won't drop free.  da fuq  Only 20rd pmags and usgi.  Not happy about that.
View Quote
Others are saying they drop for them. It might be something to do with my copy. I will try another rifle once I get a chance.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
They look great at a glance. Will have to research them a bit more. Thanks for the information!

ETA: Spent some time looking them up. It's unfortunate how many reports there are of cracked housings. Appears to be a deal killer for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree, InForce lights aren't something you want on a bang around rifle. If you hit them hard, they can crack. I like them simply because of the integrated switch. I *hate* pigtails and remote pressure switches.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 6:04:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Manticore Arms makes an excellent gasketed port cover that keeps the gas issue way down for the Tavor, my guess is a X95 version will be along shortly.
View Quote

Right, I've still read a lot of commentary about people that were still bothered with gas even after adding those. I suppose it's an individual thing along with the actual can. With an adj gas block and RTV on the charging handle I am not bothered by gas at all on my AR's.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 7:29:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Others are saying they drop for them. It might be something to do with my copy. I will try another rifle once I get a chance.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Assorted Pmags, lancer, troy and those cheap D&H aluminum mags all drop free in mine.

Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Assorted Pmags, lancer, troy and those cheap D&H aluminum mags all drop free in mine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now just so we're all on the same page here.  All those mags drop free while the bolt is locked back?  All my 20 and 30 rd mags (gen II and gen III pmags, lancer) drop free when the bolt is forward, but only the lancer falls out when the bolt is back.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Now just so we're all on the same page here.  All those mags drop free while the bolt is locked back?  All my 20 and 30 rd mags (gen II and gen III pmags, lancer) drop free when the bolt is forward, but only the lancer falls out when the bolt is back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine drop free with bolt open or closed.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:37:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll probably be getting a x95 soon.
Either a FDE or OD Green.
How is the FDE color matching on the ones you guys have seen?
Also, how are the guns grouping for the few that have sighted theirs in?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 7:20:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Any ETA on the left hand version?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Right, I've still read a lot of commentary about people that were still bothered with gas even after adding those. I suppose it's an individual thing along with the actual can. With an adj gas block and RTV on the charging handle I am not bothered by gas at all on my AR's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If men are "bothered" by a little gas in the face while shooting a suppressed firearm, they should strongly consider a new hobby, like looking for a new boyfriend.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If men are "bothered" by a little gas in the face while shooting a suppressed firearm, they should strongly consider a new hobby, like looking for a new boyfriend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not another one of those guys taking shots at Tavor owners without ever having actually shot one are you?

Three companies make port covers specifically because of this issue with the Tavor, it was pretty much the first upgrade made available. I don't think it's an issue with manliness as opposed to the Bullpup design putting your face closer to the gas than there would be with a full size rifle ...
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:44:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't think it's an issue with manliness as opposed to the Bullpup design putting your face closer to the gas than there would be with a full size rifle ...
View Quote

i have a sneaking suspicion that JK has shot plenty of bullpups....
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is an individual thing because I have 3 rifles now and unless I suppress them I don't notice any gas at all. Suppressed, they are gassy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:23:57 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm starting to think my rifle might be special. I suspect with a little use mine will start dropping them. They're not sticking by much at all, a rattle will cause them to fall free.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

View Quote

They say soon, in the next shipment or two I suspect.  We are authorized to convert them to left hand at Copper Custom and have left hand bolts in stock.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Vagisil works wonders too.

Sorry, the door was left wide open, I just had to step through.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:27:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
You're not another one of those guys taking shots at Tavor owners without ever having actually shot one are you?

Three companies make port covers specifically because of this issue with the Tavor, it was pretty much the first upgrade made available. I don't think it's an issue with manliness as opposed to the Bullpup design putting your face closer to the gas than there would be with a full size rifle ...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

In the Tavor's case, the gas port is pretty much next to the shooters face. On rifles like the AUG it's further out on the receiver and is open to air (the Tavors captures the gas in the stock for it to seep out). So yes, the Tavor is naturally more gassy. I can honestly say that I've never had an issue with a non-suppressed Tavor causing me issues. I have never noticed a gas problem. Suppressed, yes -- they are quite gassy and a seal on the off-side port cover is a good idea to avoid some of that gas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
  I'm starting to think my rifle might be special. I suspect with a little use mine will start dropping them. They're not sticking by much at all, a rattle will cause them to fall free.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope that's true because in the economy of motion, you've gained one (mag release simplified) and then lost one (no drop free).  I upgraded to the X95 principally for the release.  Unfortunately, my guess is that a lot of people will watch your video and assume they don't drop free in any x95.  I say this as a huge fan of your channel.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:53:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'll probably be getting a x95 soon.
Either a FDE or OD Green.
How is the FDE color matching on the ones you guys have seen?
Also, how are the guns grouping for the few that have sighted theirs in?
View Quote

Mine is a darker shade then Magpul FDE

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could very well be a slight imperfection in one of the molds they used.  If it doesn't loosen up from regular loose I'd suggest a light coating of grease on a mag to see you where it is rubbing and then just file it down a hair.  

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It could very well be a slight imperfection in one of the molds they used.  If it doesn't loosen up from regular loose I'd suggest a light coating of grease on a mag to see you where it is rubbing and then just file it down a hair.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just discovered brand new PMAGs drop free without issue. It's my old well used ones that don't drop free. I know PMAG's bulge over time if left stored loaded, which I've done many times... So, new out of the wrapper PMAGs drop free, even from a slight angle (not perfectly horizontal) and my old well used ones don't drop free from any angle. If you see someone showing their X95 dropping PMAG's you know they don't use their guns or mags.  j/k

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:15:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

They say soon, in the next shipment or two I suspect.  We are authorized to convert them to left hand at Copper Custom and have left hand bolts in stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

same price as IWI ($100 and you get the right and left bolt)?
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#47]
need more mag dump videos.

i cant afford this firearm because all my parts for my new AR just came in, but i can still oogle at it over the internet.

Link Posted: 4/12/2016 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny shit right there.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:11:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Great video as always mac. I can't wait for the mdr to release and look forward to another video from you on that platform. I will eventually have at least one of those bullpups in my future. Preferably both
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 9:12:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
need more mag dump videos.

i cant afford this firearm because all my parts for my new AR just came in, but i can still oogle at it over the internet.

View Quote

Yep, there were a couple guys who do gun videos that did a review of the rdb. Dunked it in mud etc. They should put the x95 through its paces.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top