Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The ammo I previously talked about in video was the IMI 77gr OTM.

I am releasing a video tomorrow where I shoot with the following:

FGMM 69gr

Black Hills 77gr OTM

IMI 77 OTM

Federal American Eagle 62gr

I didn't have any M193 on hand to test, but I will do another test in a bit with a selection of 55gr ammo to see what I get.

View Quote

you said in the video that you didn't see a difference in groups with the ring removed but i definitely did.  the groups were much more consistent overall, with less stringing and much smaller mean radii (a better measure of accuracy than extreme spread)

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you said in the video that you didn't see a difference in groups with the ring removed but i definitely did.  the groups were much more consistent overall, with less stringing and much smaller mean radii (a better measure of accuracy than extreme spread)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

FGMM 69gr

Black Hills 77gr OTM

IMI 77 OTM

I didn't have any M193 on hand to test, but I will do another test in a bit with a selection of 55gr ammo to see what I get.

While the group sizes didn't reduce overall, you may be correct in that they became more consistent. That certainly seemed to be the case with FGMM. But with only having fired 15 rounds per ammo type in this test with the ring removed, I'm not comfortable saying its removal definitely stabilized group sizes. I was out there all darn day just doing these tests. I'll dedicate another day to further testing with lighter loads. I'll also do some testing off a rest vs. a bipod. I want to do practical accuracy tests too where I shoot standing, kneeling and prone at ranges out to 300 yards or more. Stay tuned, I'm far from done.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:46:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

While the group sizes didn't reduce overall, you may be correct in that they became more consistent. That certainly seemed to be the case with FGMM. But with only having fired 15 rounds per ammo type in this test with the ring removed, I'm not comfortable saying its removal definitely stabilized group sizes. I was out there all darn day just doing these tests. I'll dedicate another day to further testing with lighter loads. I'll also do some testing off a rest vs. a bipod. I want to do practical accuracy tests too where I shoot standing, kneeling and prone at ranges out to 300 yards or more. Stay tuned, I'm far from done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Azu7WdqWo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FGMM 69gr
Black Hills 77gr OTM
IMI 77 OTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4Azu7WdqWo

Great video as always

Wonder why the Tavor is consistently more accurate? Ive seen several Tavors shoot consistent 1-1.5moa 5 shot groups

The X95 is still plenty good enough for a fighting rifle but I would like a little more accuracy
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and I really enjoy shooting it.  

Since so many people are making a big deal out of the accuracy of the X95, I'm going to swap the scope off my 18" AR-15 and put it on my X95.  I got some various XM193 and match ammo to try out.          

MAC, awesome videos as always.  Your suppressed X95 video convinced me to get one.  I currently waiting for 2 suppressors to be released from ATF jail.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Since so many people are making a big deal out of the accuracy of the X95, I'm going to swap the scope off my 18" AR-15 and put it on my X95.  I got some various XM193 and match ammo to try out.          

MAC, awesome videos as always.  Your suppressed X95 video convinced me to get one.  I currently waiting for 2 suppressors to be released from ATF jail.
View Quote
Great looking rifle. What cans are you waiting on?

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I have no idea how I double-tapped that post...
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Rugged Suppressors Surge 7.62 and a SilencerCo Octane 9.  I knew I should of gotten the 5.56 end cap and flash hider for the Surge when I ordered the suppressors.  Everyone is out of stock.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Awesome video Mac thanks....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:20:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Good video by MAC (was surprised to see my pictures rolled in at the beginning)... not surprised to see that his results are about the same as mine. I did think removing the barrel ring would make a little more difference than it did, but I agree with many of the comments that it seemed to be slightly more consistent with it out. I look forward to seeing the future tests with 55 grain ammo and some XM193.

I went back to the range about a week and a half ago now with the intent to do a 50 round test with IMI M193 (ten 5 shot groups), without the barrel cooling. I put ten 1 inch target dots on a cardboard silhouette and shot the first three groups. By the end of the third I could see that it was going to be almost impossible to distinguish the groups from one another given the group size and dot spacing. I dropped down to a lower dot and fired a fourth group and stopped. The results were roughly 4 MOA with the IMI M193:

I would like to see a similar test with Federal XM193 which judging by my earlier groups with it would do better. Even within the same ammo profile (M193) the X95 appears to have very clear preferences (Federal vs IMI, etc). Once again I pulled the Vortex PST and put it on an AR, this time a 14.5" BCM with an enhanced lightweight barrel. Shot a couple of groups with the IMI M193 that were about 1.75" each.

Generally, the X95 is a 2 - 4 MOA rifle and fairly inconsistent. I think that is becoming very clear as more data comes in. Again I will say that for its intended purpose, being a combat minded bullpup, that is probably sufficient.

Ultimately I decided to sell mine and picked up a Sig MCX the same day...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#11]
While the accuracy issues is far from fully explored, I hope IWI is tracking this and seeing if there is an easy fix.  We already know the aftermarket companies are hard at work on many things for the X95, and we know they're watching this as well (bravo for the support, BTW).  To echo many others, this accuracy is fine for the intended purpose, it's not what most of us would like from this rifle, myself included.  Thanks to all for time spent testing and documenting.  Wherever you fall in the discussion, data is good.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#12]
3 to 4 inch groups with M193 or M855 doesn't bother me, what bothers me are the groups MAC had found in his video using high quality ammo.

I own an AUG A3 and X95, and for the price of admission to the Bullpup game one would expect better accuracy. Which is weird because my AUG is inherently more accurate than my X95, not to mention the barrel is a quick detached system.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:14:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good video by MAC (was surprised to see my pictures rolled in at the beginning)... not surprised to see that his results are about the same as mine. I did think removing the barrel ring would make a little more difference than it did, but I agree with many of the comments that it seemed to be slightly more consistent with it out. I look forward to seeing the future tests with 55 grain ammo and some XM193.

I went back to the range about a week and a half ago now with the intent to do a 50 round test with IMI M193 (ten 5 shot groups), without the barrel cooling. I put ten 1 inch target dots on a cardboard silhouette and shot the first three groups. By the end of the third I could see that it was going to be almost impossible to distinguish the groups from one another given the group size and dot spacing. I dropped down to a lower dot and fired a fourth group and stopped. The results were roughly 4 MOA with the IMI M193:

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/user/OR_05Taco/media/AB1_6198_zpsurzjwah7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/OR_05Taco/AB1_6198_zpsurzjwah7.jpg</a>

I would like to see a similar test with Federal XM193 which judging by my earlier groups with it would do better. Even within the same ammo profile (M193) the X95 appears to have very clear preferences (Federal vs IMI, etc). Once again I pulled the Vortex PST and put it on an AR, this time a 14.5" BCM with an enhanced lightweight barrel. Shot a couple of groups with the IMI M193 that were about 1.75" each.

Generally, the X95 is a 2 - 4 MOA rifle and fairly inconsistent. I think that is becoming very clear as more data comes in. Again I will say that for its intended purpose, being a combat minded bullpup, that is probably sufficient.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s33.photobucket.com/user/OR_05Taco/media/AB1_6198_zpsurzjwah7.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d99/OR_05Taco/AB1_6198_zpsurzjwah7.jpg</a>

That is almost AK accuracy... I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger on an x95. I guess I'll stick to my aug.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:48:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm holding off on this rifle as well....
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, after MAC's video I pulled off the forward and aft polymer barrel supports. I know MAC removed the forward support but I wanted the rifle to be completely free floating.

I won't be able to make it to the range for a couple of weeks, can other X95 owners try this and see if it helps? The process was simple, remove the pistol grip with a Phillips head screw driver and use a Hex key to remove the hand guard screw. It will slip out with ease.

I also noticed the barrel profile is very thin, I'm guessing it wouldn't take much to heat up the barrel. I haven't seen the barrel in its entirety, it could be stepped down from the chamber end.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's the barrel bushing removed.

Barrel profile vs AUG A3 barrel.

With the AUG, I used the American Defense mount with a rise for the X95. The height of the optic was way too low, and the rise was a cheap fix. Both optics are 1.5x Micro ACOG's.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:55:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Totally off subject but how do you like the manticore arms switchblock? I want them for my augs... They are on my long list of wants from those guys haha..... Looks like it would be perfecto..
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:55:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Totally off subject but how do you like the manticore arms switchblock? I want them for my augs... They are on my long list of wants from those guys haha..... Looks like it would be perfecto..
View Quote

It was a "must have" for me, I hated the oem charging handle. Instal was easy, drive out a roll pin and follow the directions. It will appear flimsy at first with a lot of play. Once you charge the weapon it will feel solid and it folds "closed" when it goes back to the forward position due to inertia.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder if its a barrel issue. The Tavor barrels were made in Israel and the X95's in the USA, correct?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I wonder if its a barrel issue. The Tavor barrels were made in Israel and the X95's in the USA, correct?
View Quote

No. X95 barrels are made in Israel also:

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#21]
How do the barrel crowns look?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That is almost AK accuracy... I'm glad I haven't pulled the trigger on an x95. I guess I'll stick to my aug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most arsenals shoot bi-metal jacketed bullets around 2moa.. Military 7n6 is usually around 1.5 with a good shooter, so don't go putting down ak's, they are more accurate than this plastic fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Been a part of the forum for a little while but mostly trolling around the CZ Scorpion thread and now this.  I got my X95 a few weeks ago but haven't had an opportunity to shoot it yet because I've been waiting for some shims and a QD brake for my suppressor and simply haven't had a chance to get to the range.  Anyway, I got all of that in yesterday and was installing it and noticed once I had it positioned correctly, torqued, etc. that the alignment tool I was using didn't give me a warm fuzzy.  I.e. I was a little nervous about end cap (or possibly baffle) strike.  I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.  Not sure if its the "smaller" shoulder (for lack of a better description) on the barrel or the shims themselves that came with the brake or misaligned threading or something else.  I'm still somewhat new to the suppressor game, so I'm not as knowledgeable as I'd like to be.  The alignment rod wasn't completely centered with just the brake either, so of course it was amplified once the can was added.  I did put the brake on a LaRue barrel I had laying around and it looked fine (of course normal length threading and not as much "shimming" as the X95), so I don't think it's the brake.  Could be operator/installer error too of course.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm betting that it's a barrel quality issue than the weapon itself.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
The problem with these groups is mainly on the horizontal axis. If the issue was the barrel, the spreads would be off equally on the vertical and horizontal axis according to a random distribution. But on the vertical axis a lot of the groups look acceptable.

I would wager that the issue here is just that it's very awkward to shoot it bench rested and as a result there is a lot of horizontal movement (just as we know of from the Tavor). Maybe if you held it in a vice you would eliminate this movement.

The Tavors (and bullpups in general) are bad to shoot benchrested and that movement of  a rifle on its rest is usually what leads to those kind horizontal spreads.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The problem with these groups is mainly on the horizontal axis. If the issue was the barrel, the spreads would be off equally on the vertical and horizontal axis according to a random distribution. But on the vertical axis a lot of the groups look acceptable.

I would wager that the issue here is just that it's very awkward to shoot it bench rested and as a result there is a lot of horizontal movement (just as we know of from the Tavor). Maybe if you held it in a vice you would eliminate this movement.

The Tavors (and bullpups in general) are bad to shoot benchrested and that movement of  a rifle on its rest is usually what leads to those kind horizontal spreads.  
View Quote

So are you implying that everyone sucks at shooting this rifle but no one sucks at shooting the original tavor
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:57:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

With the AUG, I used the American Defense mount with a rise for the X95. The height of the optic was way too low, and the rise was a cheap fix. Both optics are 1.5x Micro ACOG's.
<a href="http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/USN-Riverine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160504_160629_zpsu2asm5dv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z336/USN-Riverine/Mobile%20Uploads/20160504_160629_zpsu2asm5dv.jpg</a>
View Quote

USN-Riverine - You're using the AD-B2-6MM Riser?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1184.photobucket.com/user/USN-Riverine/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160504_160629_zpsu2asm5dv.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z336/USN-Riverine/Mobile%20Uploads/20160504_160629_zpsu2asm5dv.jpg</a>

Thanks

Yes, it's a great combo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]
According to this video,  he gets 2 moa groups no problem. Doesn't seem any different to the Tavor to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4rRuJz6J_s

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Shot clays at 400 today? In the wind? I think this weopon is more then capable of what it is designed for... Dime size groups... Probably not... Smoking someone shooting at you... More then capable.... Love this weopon system...

Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:24:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Considered this rifle for coyote hunting but 6 to 10 inch groups at 200 yds for 1800.00  No Way
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm happy with performance of this weapon system. For $1700 it does lack <1 MOA but then again you pay for a rifle performance in a compact package. Yes, it is pricy for a less than stellar accuracy but I am happy with it because it beats slinging my 11lbs billet upper/lower 14.6" SS custom barrel AR15 that shoots sub-moa without trying. As a consumer you pay for compat package (especially SBR version) by giving up sub-moa that is ideal in my application of <15 yards rifle/pistol league at my local range.

At the end of the day it is battle proven and ideal for CQB environment.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 9:30:17 AM EDT
[#33]
zdenstk, If you don't mind spending more or shopping and waiting, the AUG M1 would probably be ideal for you.  Especially one of the longer barreled models.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 6:00:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How do the barrel crowns look?
View Quote

Answered my own question and pulled the FH off mine:  Looks like every other typical AR15 barrel I've seen.  

Does the amount of torque that attaches the top rail to the rest of the gun affect accuracy?
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:17:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm out of the loop, anyone have the normal trigger guard grip for sale yet?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump for any trigger guard info from NRA show?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Can anyone advise if the Thorntail mount fits on the X95 rails?  I'm trying to figure out how to get a scout light pushed farther out.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So are you implying that everyone sucks at shooting this rifle but no one sucks at shooting the original tavor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just posted a thread of groups from my Tavor.  All under 2" but 77gr  was the best at 1.4" and 1.5".  Pics of the groups are there.  

Yes, not being able to stabilize the gun is most definitely a primary issue.  I definitely felt it.  The front end is round, and the gun wants to roll from side to side.   With a magazine sticking out the back, there's no way to get a rear bag underneath it.   I wound up using a sand sock up front, and using my hand partially under the magazine to do what I could.  It was a terrible position.  

IOW - Everybody sucks at shooting these when it comes to testing accuracy potential.  

To me, testing the X95 side by side with a Tavor would take the shooter and the set-up out of it.  

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#39]
what they need is a picitinny mount which qd's onto the rail and then its a long flat piece with a bipod mount on the end of it. that way you can have the bipod out further and the rifles a little more stabilized.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:35:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Finally had a chance to get to the range today, but I forgot to bring FGMM 77gr and Winchester Match 77gr.  

Here's the ammo that I didn't forget to bring.

I used a Caldwell Rock BR rest and a rear bag.  I had to remove the rear spiked leg because it was getting in the way.  The scope is a Nightforce SHV 4-14X50 F1 that was on my 18" AR-15.  
The barrel bushing was removed prior to shooting groups.  

American Eagle AR223 55gr

American Eagle AR556 XM193 55gr

IMI M193 55gr

PMC X-TAC XP193 55gr

PMC X-TAC MATCH OTM 77gr

Hornady Match BTHP 75gr

I'm a average shooter at best but I'm still somewhat disappointed by the accuracy.  Even though it's not as accurate as my other rifles, I still like it.  It just feels so compact and balanced.  
I now see the appeal of a bullpup.  A buddy of my has AUG and I'll probably pick one up as well.  I got the chance to shoot a Tavor with a Geissele Super Sabra Trigger w/Lighthing Bow and
it was definitely crisper than the X95 trigger.  Since I'm a Geissele fanboy(have them in 2 ARs), I'll get them sometime in the future.  

After shooting the X95, I decided to shoot my Remington 700 to make myself feel better.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Finally had a chance to get to the range today...
View Quote

Thanks very much for the report.  I find this so disappointing.  I want very much to buy this rifle, but reports like this show a level of accuracy that would be absolutely unacceptable to me.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]
LOL
Link Posted: 5/30/2016 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know when the 18" model will be released? or will there be one?

Link Posted: 5/30/2016 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Has a cause for the inaccuracy been established? Is there a way to fix it?

I keep hearing about the barrel bushings  or perhaps even the twist rate on the barrel but what else contributes toward inaccuracy?
Could it be due to flexing of the polymer body/chasis?
Could it likely be a cheap fix or is a redesign needed to work out these problems?  
How does it stack up against the original tavor in terms of accuracy?

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 4:13:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has a cause for the inaccuracy been established? Is there a way to fix it?

I keep hearing about the barrel bushings  or perhaps even the twist rate on the barrel but what else contributes toward inaccuracy?
Could it be due to flexing of the polymer body/chasis?
Could it likely be a cheap fix or is a redesign needed to work out these problems?  
How does it stack up against the original tavor in terms of accuracy?

View Quote

According to owners the original tavor shoots smaller groups.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Anyone have the ability to take a cast of the chamber?  I wonder how it looks compared to premium and rack-grade AR barrels.

Also, has anyone tightened their rail screws?  Maybe it's something as simple as a loose top rail.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:20:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Anyone have the ability to take a cast of the chamber?  I wonder how it looks compared to premium and rack-grade AR barrels.

Also, has anyone tightened their rail screws?  Maybe it's something as simple as a loose top rail.
View Quote

Ill look at my chamber tonight as i havent even given it a glance.

My rail is tight and anywhere from near moa to 5 moa depending on ammo seems to be the norm. Im fine its not a dmr with dmr accuracy, shoots the cheapest stuff the best and thats a plus for me as well. Watch out hezbollah.

Im interested after a few hundred rounds what it does
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Gonna just throw mine away....
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Has anyone looked to make sure the rail grabbers on the barrel assembly are mounted and tightened correctly??  The rail is not directly mounted to the barrel, it is screwed into those mounts.  So even if the rail is "tight", the mounts it screws into could not be correctly torqued allowing the rail to shift when heated up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:54:05 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

LOL
View Quote

Heck, maybe that will help, the current X95 barrels are Israeli.

Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top