Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my X95 and the groups aren't really the greatest compared to others but in the end, I'm shooting steel targets at distance and it works great! If I'm wanting the best accuracy, I'll use my MK12 Mod 0 or Remington 700. Some guns have other uses and the X95 is compact and I've had no issue out to 300 yards with boring accuracy. Build a MK12 if you're wanting to lay your rounds on top of each other or a solid bolt gun.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my X95 and the groups aren't really the greatest compared to others but in the end, I'm shooting steel targets at distance and it works great! If I'm wanting the best accuracy, I'll use my MK12 Mod 0 or Remington 700. Some guns have other uses and the X95 is compact and I've had no issue out to 300 yards with boring accuracy. Build a MK12 if you're wanting to lay your rounds on top of each other or a solid bolt gun.
View Quote

I kinda agree, I picture this gun as a " battle carbine" not a SPR
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it is priced as a "premium" product like that SPR at $1800 or thereabouts, so it comes with an expectation of "premium" performance. 4-5 MOA from a "premium" product really isn't acceptable.

I'm not telling anyone they can't buy it but for me, that juice ain't worth the squeeze.  IWI dropped the ball pretty hard on this one.

Not a case of sour grapes either. I spent $2000 on an FS2000 from the second import batch, $2000 on an AXR back when it looked like Steyr was gone for good, $1650 on a 16" OD green Tavor, and so on among non-bullpup rifles as well. I have no problem buying toys like this but they better perform or be rare/hard to find.  X95 just isn't either.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 3:35:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it is priced as a "premium" product like that SPR at $1800 or thereabouts, so it comes with an expectation of "premium" performance. 4-5 MOA from a "premium" product really isn't acceptable.

I'm not telling anyone they can't buy it but for me, that juice ain't worth the squeeze.  IWI dropped the ball pretty hard on this one.

Not a case of sour grapes either. I spent $2000 on an FS2000 from the second import batch, $2000 on an AXR back when it looked like Steyr was gone for good, $1650 on a 16" OD green Tavor, and so on among non-bullpup rifles as well. I have no problem buying toys like this but they better perform or be rare/hard to find.  X95 just isn't either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I feel like the premium is more for the size of the overall package you're getting and the fact that it's more of a niche  gun. ARs are plenty and tons of people make them so it makes sense why for the money on an X95 you can get something way better. I have several AR rifles and other stuff, this is just different and does great as a battle quality rifle for me.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#5]
I laugh when people comment it isnt meant for precision or is meant only for close range etc, etc. The idea behind the bullpup is for a full length barrel in an sbr sized configuration, and the advantages of such a small package are well known.
But when a cheap AR has better groups than a 2K rifle there is a problem with the engineering of the rifle. If the gun had a 10 inch barrel, it would be one thing, but for a 16 inch barrel and inconsistant groups, .......there is no justification for that. I really hope they fix the problem as I really wanted to pick one up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 8:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me know how many bullpups you see at a stationary shooting competition next time you attend. Do I think the rifle should have better accuracy out of the box? Absolutely. Will it effect the shooting I intend to use it for? I highly doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I laugh when people comment it isnt meant for precision or is meant only for close range etc, etc. The idea behind the bullpup is for a full length barrel in an sbr sized configuration, and the advantages of such a small package are well known.
But when a cheap AR has better groups than a 2K rifle there is a problem with the engineering of the rifle. If the gun had a 10 inch barrel, it would be one thing, but for a 16 inch barrel and inconsistant groups, .......there is no justification for that. I really hope they fix the problem as I really wanted to pick one up.
View Quote

I chose the earlier Tavor for that reason and while I didn't shoot for groups last night, it appeared to be about as accurate as my AR's.  At my LGS, one salesman told me the accuracy issue with the X95 didn't exist and another said they'd fixed it in the newest batch of rifles.  I don't know what's going on but I doubt there'd be all this squawking if there weren't a major problem.  Glad I went with the old Tavor.  It was an absolute joy to shoot.  I'll settle down for some precision shooting sometime in the coming weeks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  The fact they have not progressed in accuracy from the 30+ year old AUG (which in itself remains more accurate than the Tavor, let alone the x95) or their own more recent Tavor is just embarrassing.
They need to come clean and acknowledge the issue or at the least, make a public statement.

Zero interest at this point in the x95, although it would be nice to see a new thread "IWI US officially announces better-than-Mini-14-accurate x95s for close to $2K"

Waiting to see if IWI steps up or the x95 dies a slow death over time..
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#9]
The pistol grips with regular trigger guards are available but only in black. They also have IDF pistol grip panels but only in black.  
https://iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Accessories/Tavor%C2%AE-X95%E2%84%A2-Pistol-Grip.aspx
https://iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Accessories/Tavor%C2%AE-X95%E2%84%A2-IDF-Pistol-Grip-Panels.aspx

IWI US did kind of respond to the accuracy issue.  They posted on facebook announcing pistol grips were available and someone commented about the accuracy.  IWI US responded by saying the accuracy issue was a BS claim.
https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS/posts/825694674227721
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The pistol grips with regular trigger guards are available but only in black. They also have IDF pistol grip panels but only in black.  
https://iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Accessories/Tavor%C2%AE-X95%E2%84%A2-Pistol-Grip.aspx
https://iwi.us/Products/Tavor-X95/Tavor-X95-Accessories/Tavor%C2%AE-X95%E2%84%A2-IDF-Pistol-Grip-Panels.aspx

IWI US did kind of respond to the accuracy issue.  They posted on facebook announcing pistol grips were available and someone commented about the accuracy.  IWI US responded by saying the accuracy issue was a BS claim.
https://www.facebook.com/IWIUS/posts/825694674227721
View Quote
sounds like someone at IWI got a little butt hurt.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep.  The fact they have not progressed in accuracy from the 30+ year old AUG (which in itself remains more accurate than the Tavor, let alone the x95) or their own more recent Tavor is just embarrassing.

They need to come clean and acknowledge the issue or at the least, make a public statement.

Zero interest at this point in the x95, although it would be nice to see a new thread "IWI US officially announces better-than-Mini-14-accurate x95s for close to $2K"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The x95 is not going to die.  Likely they will stop making the SAR at some point.

Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:07:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The x95 is not going to die.  Likely they will stop making the SAR at some point.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots can happen here.  Once the newness wears off and assumed x95 'improvements' over the Tavor are seen to be at the expense of accuracy, assuming no further action to correct by IWI...if the Tavor outsells the x95, I wouldn't put $$ on your statement.

If instead, this is a new product launch/growing pain issue and the x95's accuracy is at least on par with the already low-but-adequate Tavors...you may be right.

Time will tell, but right now we can surely agree the posts in this thread and various hands-on reviews are not having a positive effect on x95 sales.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lots can happen here.  Once the newness wears off and assumed x95 'improvements' over the Tavor are seen to be at the expense of accuracy, assuming no further action to correct by IWI...if the Tavor outsells the x95, I wouldn't put $$ on your statement.

If inn stead, this is a new product launch/growing pain issue and the x95's accuracy is at least on par with the already low-but-adequate Tavors...you may be right.

Time will tell, but right now we can surely agree the posts in this thread and various hands-on reviews are not having a positive effect on x95 sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If inn stead, this is a new product launch/growing pain issue and the x95's accuracy is at least on par with the already low-but-adequate Tavors...you may be right.

This is anecdotal, but  a couple weeks ago, I bought a Tavor over the X95 specifically because of the accuracy issue.  I doubt I'm the only one, and I doubt they'll be taking the Tavor out of production any time soon.  I'd have bought an X95 if this had not been an issue.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#14]
seems like IWI is in damage control on that facebook page
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This is the only response that I saw...

From IWI

You want to start a thread about accuracy, be our guest. This is a thread about grips and this is our corporate FB page. We will edit it as we see fit, especially claims that are BS.

BS? Oh really? Every review that I've come across the accuracy has been poor.

Until IWI can resolve this issue, I'm not buying.
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

From IWI

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From IWI

You want to start a thread about accuracy, be our guest. This is a thread about grips and this is our corporate FB page. We will edit it as we see fit, especially claims that are BS.

I pretty much told them to prove the claims were BS on facebook, I doubt they'll respond.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#17]
What has the going rate been lately for X95s?  Casual searching seems to be about $1750, but is suspect that's panic pricing in action.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:01:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What has the going rate been lately for X95s?  Casual searching seems to be about $1750, but is suspect that's panic pricing in action.
View Quote

Nope. That's about what they ran before Orlando.  That's a decent price, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:44:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I like the Tavors and really like the improvements on the X95 but I expect it to shoot at least as good as a Tavor - not worse.  Saw a used Tavor at the LGS and was tempted by it.  Hope IWI works this out.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:05:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Any word of 9mm or SBR kits. Want to decide on form 1 or not soon.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Check Ratworx, ask for Aaron. They have good prices.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I forgot about the group buy over on the bullpup forum - I now have OD X95 on order.  Now, the wait for OD pistol grips begins...
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Was going to buy an X95 but that accuracy issue is a major concern for me.Picked up a scorpion carbine today 1.5 inch groups at 100 yds. Best 900 I've ever spent. A 9 mm carbine should not be out shooting an X95
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 6:59:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Was going to buy an X95 but that accuracy issue is a major concern for me.Picked up a scorpion carbine today 1.5 inch groups at 100 yds. Best 900 I've ever spent. A 9 mm carbine should not be out shooting an X95
View Quote

It isn't your just trying to pile on
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Not at all .I really wanted the x95 and was pissed when I heard about the accuracy problems.I stumbled upon a scorpion yesterday and had the cash so I pulled the trigger.I wanted a short carbine that's easy to backpack with. I'll buy a 308 bolt rifle with the cash leftover.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#26]
8 inch groups at 200 yds for what 1700.00   NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Fix the issue I may reconsider.
Link Posted: 6/26/2016 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, you are not that good of shot

Link Posted: 6/26/2016 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#29]
A little better than average
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I really wanted the X95 as well, so I hope IWI clears up the accuracy problem.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's right really, there's no way I could get my X-95 to do that, 1.5" was my best 50 yard group so far...

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 5:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

He's right really, there's no way I could get my X-95 to do that, 1.5" was my best 50 yard group so far...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want a X95 but the accuracy has scared me off for now.

Hopefully they address this soon.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 10:24:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It scared me off, too, so I picked up a Tavor SAR.  I absolutely LOVE it and have no regrets or desire for the X95.  I do think the X95 has some improvements, but the SAR is just fine and once you get used to it, the improvements aren't a big deal, IMHO.
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me as well, I don't understand what parts of the design differences between the X95 and Tavor would inherently lead to such accuracy issues as are being reported. I'm hoping this is a temporary manufacturing issue, and that maybe by the time they get the SBR's up and out it'll be fixed. I'd rather an improved SBR X95 than a current 16" inconsistent X95.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 8:34:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Any word on when the FDE pistol grips will drop?
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Any word on when the FDE pistol grips will drop?
View Quote

Somebody on another forum contacted IWI and they told him sometime around September.
Link Posted: 10/11/2016 7:37:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any new word on this?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 4:32:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Broke down and ordered an X95 yesterday morning. It should be at my FFL tomorrow. I'll pick it up when my suppressor gets there then I will see how accurate it is and have some coworkers shoot it too. Sadly the maximum length of our range is 80 feet. 95 if I shoot through the doorway from the observation room.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I saw a where to buy an AUG thread.

So where to get an X95?

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So where to get an X95?
View Quote

I was excited at the opportunity to post a useful answer to your question, because I searched high and low for one before getting one last week from Primary Arms for $1633 and unbelievably only $1647 shipped! I noticed the price went up $22 a few days ago, still a great deal from what I was seeing, but I just checked now to provide you a link and they're $1999. Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:14:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I was excited at the opportunity to post a useful answer to your question, because I searched high and low for one before getting one last week from Primary Arms for $1633 and unbelievably only $1647 shipped! I noticed the price went up $22 a few days ago, still a great deal from what I was seeing, but I just checked now to provide you a link and they're $1999. Sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So where to get an X95?

Plus $165 taxes for Texans.  Thanks for trying though!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Tssoutfitters was the other place I was eyeing. They're $1655, the same price PA raised their to, but they're out of stock. Here's one less than $1700, but I've never heard of them... http://wisearms.com/collections/longguns/products/iwi-tavor-x95-bullpup-5-56nato-rifle-flattop-16-5-barrel-black

Good luck! Buy sooner rather than later, prices are on the rise.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Give Aaron at Ratworx a call, very reasonable price.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Tssoutfitters was the other place I was eyeing. They're $1655, the same price PA raised their to, but they're out of stock. Here's one less than $1700, but I've never heard of them... http://wisearms.com/collections/longguns/products/iwi-tavor-x95-bullpup-5-56nato-rifle-flattop-16-5-barrel-black

Good luck! Buy sooner rather than later, prices are on the rise.
View Quote

TSS Outfitters doesn't have them listed on their website. Do you need to call?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
TSS Outfitters doesn't have them listed on their website. Do you need to call?
View Quote

Like I mentioned, they're out of stock... http://tssoutfitters.com/shop/iwi-us-xb16-tavor-x95-semi-automatic-223-remington-5-56-nato-16-5-30-1-polymer-stk-blk/

Wise arms allows you to add to cart though.
Page / 9
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top