Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I used the factory jam nut to time my gemtech bi-lock.  Its not necessary to time them, but I like the large lug on top......and its my gun.  No baffle strikes.  I would use the jam nut and check with a rod.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:41:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a suppressor support muzzle ring for a Tavor on this site, that I'm considering.

https://www.kbacustom.com/our-products/firearm-accessories/product/37-tavor-muzzle-shoulder-ring.html

View Quote

Yes this is what I have been using and it works well. I picked one of these up from the folks at Capitol Armory.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So interestingly, I contacted both Silencerco and IWI in regards to how to attach the muzzle device. Specifically, I would like to install a trifecta FH for a specwar 5.56 on my recently purchased tavor, but got two different opinions from each as follows:

Silencerco:
"You will need to remove the jam nut from the barrel of your Tavor prior to installing the Specwar flash hider.  The flash hider can be threaded down to the barrel shoulder and does not have to be timed in any specific orientation."

IWI:
"Generally I would follow any instruction issued by the suppressor manufacturer. Outside of that it is not recommended to back you device up to our barrel shoulder. That is why we use the nut."

Yes. I have read the thread.  IWI basically says follow suppressor manufacturer, but explicitly states that it is not recommended to back it up to the shoulder.  Really don't want a baffle strike. That would be a bad day.

What is the hives opinion?  Thanks.
View Quote

I have nothing to add specific to this situation but I'll say this: If you have a baffle strike, you're dealing with a busted suppressor not rifle. I'd do what silencerco recommends regardless, as they're the ones that will be fixing their item under their warranty and advice if something goes wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:40:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes this is what I have been using and it works well. I picked one of these up from the folks at Capitol Armory.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I found a suppressor support muzzle ring for a Tavor on this site, that I'm considering.

https://www.kbacustom.com/our-products/firearm-accessories/product/37-tavor-muzzle-shoulder-ring.html

That's the product to use.

Chris over at KBA is a real nice guy. I helped him with the idea and contacted him after seeing his scar ring and was looking for something like it for the tavor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I just traded for a Tavor today. With all of the pics here, it looks like the extended handguard a should work with most suppressors? Mine came with a Blackout 51t on it, which is great, because I have AAC compatible cans.

Anyone run into an issue with the MI extended handguard and a 51t mount?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top