Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#1]
DT should be embarrassed that not only did they miss another ship date, but they haven't officially put anything out about another 1+ month delay after promising to keep their customers informed. This is something DT should be upfront about, not something customers have to get news of via word of mouth.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:30:16 AM EDT
[#2]
So another month?

I'm calling it now. 6/27 will come and go and they won't be ready by then either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:21:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So another month?

I'm calling it now. 6/27/2018 will come and go and they won't be ready by then either.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Between here or the Bpupforum its extremely frustrating how the DT defense team thinks that those of us that are frustrated are the ones making wild assumptions.

Are you kidding me guys?  I mean really?

We have a huge sample size in terms of time and its pretty easy to draw a hypothesis from that average.

Yes we get it, some of you guys are madly in love with DT because your SRS cost you an arm and a leg but that doesnt mean they give a shit about you so please stop refuting the facts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 12:04:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So another month?
I'm calling it now. 6/27/2018 will come and go and they won't be ready by then either.
FIFY
6/2027/2018

FIFY  
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#7]
First an ejection problem. Now a carrier problem. Always someone else's fault. You heard it here first. The MDR isn't happening. They're bullshitting and stalling for time to delay admitting the inevitable.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You obviously didn't see the update on bullpupforum today...DT is now DELAYING AGAIN over a "vendor" problem with the BCGs...its DT that is beating the dead horse with their continuous vendor problem and delays...I thought in previous videos done by DT in 2016 when the CEO spoke that they invested millions in new machinery and Fortune 20 talent to make this rifle...however it seems to me DT is not making a single part other than the aluminum receiver itself and everything about this rifle dependent on vendors...pathetic excuse from DT as usual.

Here is the link
View Quote
I saw it and until DT confirms it, it'll be random internet forum BS.  Consider this:  On the Friday before a long holiday, some random nobody calls up DT and talks not to customer service, but the sales manager, and the sales manager tells him that now there's a problem with a vital part and it'll be another month.  DT has historically been very tightfisted with releasing information, especially news of another delay, so why did they tell this random anonymous caller information that they would know would make them look bad without first releasing it themselves and making an attempt to control the narrative?

I'm not saying that the anonymous guy is a liar, making this up, or trolling, but I am saying that it is suspicious and doesn't really fit DT's MO for releasing bad news.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#9]
And reading over the responses on this page is exactly why I have doubts that DT would release this information to a nameless caller before they had a chance to break it themselves.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I saw it and until DT confirms it, it'll be random internet forum BS.  Consider this:  On the Friday before a long holiday, some random nobody calls up DT and talks not to customer service, but the sales manager, and the sales manager tells him that now there's a problem with a vital part and it'll be another month.  DT has historically been very tightfisted with releasing information, especially news of another delay, so why did they tell this random anonymous caller information that they would know would make them look bad without first releasing it themselves and making an attempt to control the narrative?

I'm not saying that the anonymous guy is a liar, making this up, or trolling, but I am saying that it is suspicious and doesn't really fit DT's MO for releasing bad news.
View Quote
Oh please tell us what exactly DT's MO is sir? Wait...the only MO DT has is that they keep prolonging this project on worthless excuses and blaming everyone but themselves. Or could it be that the sales manager is also fed up with this because he is receiving so many phone calls on this issue that he might have let something slip. Come on man...don't be so DT sided...I swear you seem to either work for them or you are really trying hard to get hired at DT.
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And reading over the responses on this page is exactly why I have doubts that DT would release this information to a nameless caller before they had a chance to break it themselves.
View Quote
You don't think that in over 3 years developing the platform they haven't broke things...I am sure if DT has done their QA/QC/Torture regiment...they have broken things that werent spec'd right...if they haven't this late in the game...guess what...the platform will keep getting delayed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:20:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Nvm
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 12:34:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
......But.... but.....but we are so thankful that they are taking their time to make sure it's right because their BOLT actions rock.

Hahahahahahaha.

Delay+delay+delay+delay^10 = perfection

Ya, ok keep on drinking the kool aid bro's.
View Quote
Just saying there is a way to refute a argument then there is being a dick. I've let my thoughts be known on DT and I've tried to do so in a respectful way. No offense but a lot of your posts on the subject come off pretty dickish to kfeltenberger. Can't we keep from name calling, make reasoned arguments, and let that be that? If it was GD that would be one thing because cheeky juvinile antics are expected there but this is a tech forum. It would be nice if there was a bit more decorum and respect amongst contributors to it.

P.S. not calling you out in particular browning as there are multiple people doing it. Yours was just the most recent and so I hit quote.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 1:30:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just saying there is a way to refute a argument then there is being a dick. I've let my thoughts be known on DT and I've tried to do so in a respectful way. No offense but a lot of your posts on the subject come off pretty dickish to kfeltenberger. Can't we keep from name calling, make reasoned arguments, and let that be that? If it was GD that would be one thing because cheeky juvinile antics are expected there but this is a tech forum. It would be nice if there was a bit more decorum and respect amongst contributors to it.

P.S. not calling you out in particular browning as there are multiple people doing it. Yours was just the most recent and so I hit quote.
View Quote
Fair enough.

Youre right that was too much.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't think that in over 3 years developing the platform they haven't broke things...I am sure if DT has done their QA/QC/Torture regiment...they have broken things that werent spec'd right...if they haven't this late in the game...guess what...the platform will keep getting delayed.
View Quote
Isn't this what QC is supposed to do?  Find problems before they ship?  Beyond that, though, there was a post by someone who had been a CNC programmer at DT that the bolt carrier was an exceptionally complex piece to machine and it is quite possible that the parts were produced by during final QC didn't meet the spec or were flawed in some way.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
This seems a little suspicious.  My date for shipping hasn't changed and still says 5/31.  Previously my date has changed shortly before an announcement is made.  I don't honestly expect it to actually be shipped on 5/31 but I figure that is the first out the door date, and others go roughly inline with when they ordered.

I seem to recall that announcements weren't exactly last minute previously.  If it is true, and they are now delaying another month and have decided to wait to break the news after leaking it out to certain customers, I might have reached my enough is enough point.

FA
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:13:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This seems a little suspicious.  My date for shipping hasn't changed and still says 5/31.  Previously my date has changed shortly before an announcement is made.  I don't honestly expect it to actually be shipped on 5/31 but I figure that is the first out the door date, and others go roughly inline with when they ordered.

I seem to recall that announcements weren't exactly last minute previously.  If it is true, and they are now delaying another month and have decided to wait to break the news after leaking it out to certain customers, I might have reached my enough is enough point.

FA
View Quote
If they knew what they were doing and really were shipping on 5/31 I'm sure they would have had rifles out to reviewers and made a big deal about finally shipping the first lot. Not trying to be a hater but I really doubt they will be shipping 5/31.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My date for shipping hasn't changed and still says 5/31.  Previously my date has changed shortly before an announcement is made.  I don't honestly expect it to actually be shipped on 5/31 but I figure that is the first out the door date, and others go roughly inline with when they ordered.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
My date for shipping hasn't changed and still says 5/31.  Previously my date has changed shortly before an announcement is made.  I don't honestly expect it to actually be shipped on 5/31 but I figure that is the first out the door date, and others go roughly inline with when they ordered.
They'll probably ship a broomstick then recall it ala MiniScribe....
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MiniScribe

This led to the company's most infamous cover-up; the managers rented a second warehouse in Colorado where they personally packed 26,000 bricks into hard drive boxes and shipped them to Singapore in order to shore up the inventory count. After the count was complete, they recalled those serial numbers as defective units, but instead of writing them off, they checked them into inventory, along with other failed drives that had been returned.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 8:43:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have been silent for the most part except for reporting my personal experience with firing the MDR at SHOT 2017, but current "QA problem with the bolt carrier" points out an obvious flaw here in what is being claimed and told to the public and the customers who prepaid.

DT claims they were ready to ship 12 months ago 8 months ago 4 months ago 3 months ago 2 months ago 1 month ago   But they claim they just found a QC/QA issue with the bolt carrier, just like they found a QA/QC issue with the ejection port for one or two months running that delayed the launch.  

This means they either:

1.  They only just now checked bolt carriers for QC/QA, seems unlikely if they had the carriers in stock for 1-12 months as normal procedure for a well run company is to check QC/QA within days of receiving a product so if there is a flaw you can determine if the subcontractor is at fault or your own design and documents are at fault, and in either case manufacture ones to proper specs.  You certainly  don't sit on it for a month, or six months or more as no sub is going to warranty it that long, they are going to say "sucks to be you, you had the part for months" and in addition you likely already paid the bill on net 30.

2.  They never had the bolt carriers in hand until a few days ago, which means the guns were in no way ready to ship for "just missing an ejection port cover".  They didn't have the bolt carriers in hand to be able to perform QC/QA,  meaning the guns were not complete in any way to ship.

3.  The bolt carriers, ejection port cover, etc. are an excuse for some other issue that is going on.  Or what some might refer to as "the dog ate my homework"  

#1 would show very poor business sense, #2 and #3 would be, to put it tactfully, dishonest to the prepaid customers and future customers in general.

Sven
Manticore Arms

Edited:   I see the info about the bolt carriers is from someone who called Desert Tech, and not an official announcement by Desert Tech themselves.   I have struck through my comments as until DT confirms a delay the "phone call" has yet to be proven out.

That being said, if the bolt carriers (or some other component other than the ejection port) are listed as the issue, the post above would stand.
View Quote
Im glad to see your opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:01:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If they knew what they were doing and really were shipping on 5/31 I'm sure they would have had rifles out to reviewers and made a big deal about finally shipping the first lot. Not trying to be a hater but I really doubt they will be shipping 5/31.
View Quote
I doubt that they'll ship on 5/31 since they haven't said anything about it.  I could be wrong and they could announce that they were shipped at about the time the dealers get notification.

Regarding the reviewers...the fact that none of them have said anything doesn't bother me at all and here's why:  If DT put them out in the hands of reviewers, there's a strong likelihood that before they even saw a tracking number that they had to return an NDA that embargoed any discussion, mention, or even hinting that they had one, as well as limiting who could handle it beyond the reviewer.  With that in mind, how would we know if they had one?  Who is going to break their NDA and risk a black mark prohibiting future early samples from the industry?
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:07:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I doubt that they'll ship on 5/31 since they haven't said anything about it.  I could be wrong and they could announce that they were shipped at about the time the dealers get notification.

Regarding the reviewers...the fact that none of them have said anything doesn't bother me at all and here's why:  If DT put them out in the hands of reviewers, there's a strong likelihood that before they even saw a tracking number that they had to return an NDA that embargoed any discussion, mention, or even hinting that they had one, as well as limiting who could handle it beyond the reviewer.  With that in mind, how would we know if they had one?  Who is going to break their NDA and risk a black mark prohibiting future early samples from the industry?
View Quote
Can we stop with the NDA nonsense.

Rifles would have to exist beyond their few sample guns AND Desert Tech would have to be at the point that they were close to shipping for that to be the case.
(Eta: Maybe that is the case but they have done nothing to prove it or even provide hope)

Nobody clings to the idea of this media embargo nonsense except those that will not admit DT has dropped the ball over and over and over.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 10:56:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Man. Seriously. You are drinking too much DT coolaid.

If you follow DT Facebook comments section..their most pro DT MDR customers have started to turn their back on DT and are calling them out on these nonsense delays. Everyone is seeing the truth behind DT's quietness, lack of comms and putting out worthless videos out about it Why on earth do I want to know how to swap the magwell right now without the MDR in our hands. Second, if the conversion is so simple...why not release the 308 and 5.56 together.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:22:36 AM EDT
[#24]
More delays and zero communication from DT? Boy, I sure hope some one answers that phone, because we CALLED It! Mmm-mmmm, is that good schadenfreude!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#25]
I got tired of the speculation and just called them.  They are delaying the release until "sometime in June (guys laughs) not June 1st, but sometime".  

The response without apology or reason, and being so cavalier about it lead me to hang up.

The CS rep named Mark, said they'll probably release the info on Facebook in a day or so when the updates normally come out.

I am surprisingly underwhelmed with this

FA
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got tired of the speculation and just called them.  They are delaying the release until "sometime in June (guys laughs) not June 1st, but sometime".  

The response without apology or reason, and being so cavalier about it lead me to hang up.

The CS rep named Mark, said they'll probably release the info on Facebook in a day or so when the updates normally come out.

I am surprisingly underwhelmed with this

FA
View Quote
Have you worked in CS? Have you ever had to push a line of bullshit? Sometimes all you can do is laugh to keep from crying
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#27]
another company just popped up with a bullpup rifle with a pre-order status, I mean a company that will use your money for start up capitol and produce vaporware with miss giving ship dates as they are making the gun or something.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
another company just popped up with a bullpup rifle with a pre-order status, I mean a company that will use your money for start up capitol and produce vaporware with miss giving ship dates as they are making the gun or something.
View Quote
1) I think it's best if we keep this focused on the MDR, instead of piling speculative crap onto a site that literally got launched today.

2) Comparing Lithgow and DT is stupid...they didn't just "pop up" they've been making guns for 104 years, have a pedigree of military sales and the F90 is also competing for several military contracts and I believe it has been adopted by the Aussies.

I'm not preordering but also if you check the site they put up I don't think there is anywhere you can submit payment info just express interest. No point starting to bash something else based on your experience with DT.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Exactly. ^^^^^.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#30]
just like to stir the pot , its getting moldy in here...
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
just like to stir the pot , its getting moldy in here...
View Quote
No three weeks till the mold is shipped I promise there was a delay at the spore factory and the fungi strains didn't meet our expectations.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Why announce and announcement when you have nothing important to actually announce.  

That is a rhetorical question.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I can already hear the CEO saying: With all the great investments we have made in new machines and Fortune 20 talent...our go to date will be July. We can definitely say we will have the rifles ready by then. DT does not cut corners and this is a huge under taking. Rest assured, we will deliver the best bullpup rifle ever designed and keep milking you along the way while using your dollars to develop this weapon.

WATCH!!!!

On a serious note, I do hope DT is going to give a positive message tomorrow instead of another delay. It is weird though to announce an announcement.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 7:39:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can already hear the CEO saying: With all the great investments we have made in new machines and Fortune 20 talent...our go to date will be July. We can definitely say we will have the rifles ready by then. DT does not cut corners and this is a huge under taking. Rest assured, we will deliver the best bullpup rifle ever designed and keep milking you along the way while using your dollars to develop this weapon.

WATCH!!!!

On a serious note, I do hope DT is going to give a positive message tomorrow instead of another delay. It is weird though to announce an announcement.
View Quote
Dude...they should be paying you to write for them....because their CEO writes like an incompetent BOOB.

Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints....has that guy never heard of PROOF READING AND TEST AUDIENCE?
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#36]
What a beautiful June morning, I wonder how all the lovely people on ARFCOM like their new MDRs? They must have received them by now!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:11:48 PM EDT
[#37]
DT is now a joke.

They promised an update for all of us officially on FB. It's delayed too.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why announce and announcement when you have nothing important to actually announce.  

That is a rhetorical question.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/328336/IMG-9410-220704.JPG
View Quote
Even better question: Why announce an announcement, and then not even make an announcement?

That's a bold strategy cotton, lets see how it works out for him!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:00:47 PM EDT
[#39]
DT = Delaying Tactics
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#40]
I suppose they technically have until 1 am cst but I'll go ahead and say I guess it's too much to ask to have a monthly update on time also.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#41]
I just had time to check this thread and this is what I missed?

How could anyone disagree that there is a strong possibility DT is intentionally playing games with us.  

There is absolutely no excuse in todays world for anybody that cares about their reputation to not submit a post on social media when they reaffirmed they were going to do so.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:21:31 AM EDT
[#42]
"Dear valued customers,
We had some MDR parts come in out of specification which have to been send back for rework. The rework is expected to complete sometime between June 10 and June 23. So yes the MDR shipments are delayed again. We know this is another delay that everyone is tired of hearing about but I promised you that you would have the latest information every month so that is where we are at.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young"
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:32:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Wow, they don't even bother naming the mythological bad parts now. Haha, best train wreck I've ever watched.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:40:21 AM EDT
[#44]
what he meant to say was is that we are still trying to design a rifle, but keep those pre orders coming  in cause we need the money to pay a designer big bucks to make the gun for us and also pay for my new house and car and bling bling  thanks sucker's(I mean loyal customers)
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:51:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"Dear valued customers,
We had some MDR parts come in out of specification which have to been send back for rework. The rework is expected to complete sometime between June 10 and June 23. So yes the MDR shipments are delayed again. We know this is another delay that everyone is tired of hearing about but I promised you that you would have the latest information every month so that is where we are at.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young"
View Quote
LOL. He's not even trying anymore.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
what he meant to say was is that we are still trying to design a rifle, but keep those pre orders coming  in cause we need the money to pay a designer big bucks to make the gun for us and also pay for my new house and car and bling bling  thanks sucker's(I mean loyal customers)
View Quote
Can only milk a cash cow so long before it eventually runs dry...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#47]
As I have been recommending. Pull out your preorder money from DT. NOW. Before it is too late.

The latest update from the incompetent CEO of DT shows just how bad the MDR project really is. How on earth could anyone trust DT at this point in regards to setting up a preorder fund properly.

Also, this will put more pressure on DT to get their act together.

This is truly pathetic at this point. CEO: Trust us, we will rework whatever is needed in two weeks and be able to build thousands of rifles to meet end of June release. YEAH RIGHT!!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh my god I am so surprised... oh no wait I'm not... I'm still riding this bomb all the way into the ground. Glad I don't have a preorder directly through DT. They better be including a red dot and some mags and maybe even some match grade ammo for free after all this. That would be at least be a start for them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Oh my god I am so surprised... oh no wait I'm not... I'm still riding this bomb all the way into the ground. Glad I don't have a preorder directly through DT. They better be including a red dot and some mags and maybe even some match grade ammo for free after all this. That would be at least be a start for them.
View Quote
Yeah if I had my money with SgtP's preorder...I would leave it because you know your money is safe...however if your money is with DT...I wouldn't trust them at this point.

DT will give you a free patch probably...when its released in 2020.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
Better hope they don't contract with TruGlo to make the red dot to their fantastic specs.

As a serious thing, though, I was one of the idiots that waited for an R51 replacement.  Stupid choice, Remington is going downhill fast with overpromising and under delivering.  I sold my R51 ASAP once I got it back, to buy something that existed, that worked, and had factory replacement parts available in-spec because the company doesn't rely on outside providers with spotty QC or shitty delivery times.

I honestly wish those of you with pre orders good luck, but I know I wouldn't be suckered by this kind of waiting game and failed delivery again.  If it ever comes to fruition and has any aftermarket support (since factory support is obviously terrible), it has two options--become the next MSAR, or succeed.  If it succeeds, I might buy one.  But letting the perfect be the enemy of the good can be a gamble in this industry.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top