Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope, not paid at all...
View Quote
But isn't that what a paid spokesman would say?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 3:21:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Nope, not paid at all...just tired of all the BS opinions about the gloom and doom that is just *absolutely* going to happen and the constant parsing and making mountains out of nothing.
View Quote
BS opinion? Absolutely going to happen? Nothing is absolutely going to happen except another excuse. It's a fact that they have touted the ease and speed of swapping the ejection port covers for southpaw shooters as a major selling point for consumers and one feature that truly sets this apart from other bullpups and almost all rifles for that matter.

It's a fact that the left handed shooter in the video didn't swap ejection port covers. It's a bit strange that with all the fanfare they didn't encourage him to swap them and put it on video for all to see. You don't see that? I feel bad for you.

The only one with BS opinions here is you. Anytime anyone asks a question or brings up a point that casts an unfavorable light on DT you post 5 replies of your opinion of the situation and how dumb everyone else is for questioning. Well it's also a fact they are YEARS behind their original release date, and every new release date, month after month, they come up with some new excuse as to why it isn't being released. I'm happy that you're a DT fanboy, that's great, I am too, but its time to call a spade a spade. You aren't ColdBoreMiracle and they aren't going to hire you for defending their name in forums. Until you can bring something factual into the conversation, give it a fucking rest man. They aren't going to hire you and you aren't going to be a paid spokesman.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 4:05:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's a fact that the left handed shooter in the video didn't swap ejection port covers. It's a bit strange that with all the fanfare they didn't encourage him to swap them and put it on video for all to see. You don't see that? I feel bad for you.
View Quote
Or... perhaps they wanted to demonstrate how effective the forward ejection works so they didn't swap the ejection cover..  the forward ejection is one of the main selling features after all.  And yes, I am a supporter and am currently waiting for mine via the bullpup forum group buy.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Or... perhaps they wanted to demonstrate how effective the forward ejection works so they didn't swap the ejection cover..  the forward ejection is one of the main selling features after all.  And yes, I am a supporter and am currently waiting for mine via the bullpup forum group buy.
View Quote
I'm excited for the rifle too and I'm still in on the GB I'm just constantly astounded by the lack of marketing and business sense DT is showing
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:00:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope, not paid at all...just tired of all the BS opinions about the gloom and doom that is just *absolutely* going to happen and the constant parsing and making mountains out of nothing.
View Quote
You are right we should trust DT and give them the benefit of the doubt from now on .

One day the MDR will be released and I am sure you will be here telling us all how we were overreacting and it isnt vaporware afterall.

Well the problem is it doesnt matter if it does or doesnt come out anymore and cheerleading for them now or in the future will not untarnish their image to those of us that have been following the MDR (which I imagine are about the only people in the market that would buy one or know about it).

Yeah some of us will buy it even still and some will be in love with it, but overall they have missed the boat and there is no recovering in a market like this for a gun north of $2500.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:15:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The prices are an excellent sign!  I figured the .223 would come in under $2k and once the feeding frenzy calms down should have a street price in the $1700s-$1800s.  I just hope that they're able to ship these and get them in to the Joe Average shooter's hands within the next four weeks and I hope they lift the embargos that are probably shackling the early reviewers.
View Quote

11/15--->5/17
16 months+
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm excited for the rifle too and I'm still in on the GB I'm just constantly astounded by the lack of marketing and business sense DT is showing
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have been wanting a SRS A1 actually but after following this thread I will just stick with another AI when the time comes.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting definition of 'nothing'
ETA: you're right, there's 'nothing' here

Quoted:

11/15--->5/17
16 months+
lol
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty hard on DT usually because I call things how I see them, but this is a instance of something I don't think is that crazy. There are multiple possible explanations. The simplest is that they had a line of people to get through and to make it faster they just didn't feel like swapping parts between people when the whole idea for the forward eject is to make it ambi ejecting from either side. Also is it just a ejection port swap to change sides or ejection port and bolt? If its both and you say have 50 people waiting in a line spending the time to take the gun apart and swap parts every few people could create a significant backlog. Having stood in long lines to play with machine guns at various shoots in the past I can say its not fun and often times I said fuck it I'll do something else than wait.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

11/15--->5/17
16 months+
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The prices are an excellent sign!  I figured the .223 would come in under $2k and once the feeding frenzy calms down should have a street price in the $1700s-$1800s.  I just hope that they're able to ship these and get them in to the Joe Average shooter's hands within the next four weeks and I hope they lift the embargos that are probably shackling the early reviewers.

11/15--->5/17
16 months+
Pre-sales were opened in 1/16 with a projected release of 6/16.  That's 11 months, not 16+.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Pre-sales were opened in 1/16 with a projected release of 6/16.  That's 11 months, not 16+.
View Quote
True but......

Did you read your original post?  November 2015 you said you were hoping for shipping in 4 weeks, another words you too were expecting shipment prior to them "taking preorders".  

This whole pre-order nonsense is starting to cloud the facts such as most companies just release things.  They dont require a 16 month preorder, yes 16 months is a mountain built on facts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:37:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
True but......

Did you read your original post?  November 2015 you said you were hoping for shipping in 4 weeks, another words you too were expecting shipment prior to them "taking preorders".  

This whole pre-order nonsense is starting to cloud the facts such as most companies just release things.  They dont require a 16 month preorder, yes 16 months is a mountain built on facts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True but......

Yes...I was *hoping* that it would be released at SHOT 2016, not that there would be a pre-order and additional announced 6 month wait.  The bottom line is that when DT took pre-orders and announced an actual date, it was SHOT 2016 and the release date was June 2016.  Everything up to that point was a tease, suggestion, hope on the part of the consumer, or something parsed from what they said repeated over and over until people believed it as fact.  Prior to SHOT 2016, they never set a release date beyond teasing it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes...I was *hoping* that it would be released at SHOT 2016, not that there would be a pre-order and additional announced 6 month wait.  The bottom line is that when DT took pre-orders and announced an actual date, it was SHOT 2016 and the release date was June 2016.  Everything up to that point was a tease, suggestion, hope on the part of the consumer, or something parsed from what they said repeated over and over until people believed it as fact.  Prior to SHOT 2016, they never set a release date beyond teasing it.
View Quote
Can you find where they quoted the "end of the 2nd quarter"?

June is just giving them unwarranted slack because what they said was "2nd quarter 2016" which generally doesnt mean June specifically.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can you find where they quoted the "end of the 2nd quarter"?

June is just giving them unwarranted slack because what they said was "2nd quarter 2016" which generally doesnt mean June specifically.
View Quote
No, and frankly I'm not going to bother.  All we're doing at this point is arguing how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.  They said 2nd Q, I said June because it was the last month of the 2nd Q.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Iam still excited for the mdr. I'll be more excited to see review from mac or someone as I won't be able to afford one for awhile

The ejection ports will be an amazing thing if they can hold up to the abuse and be reliable. Great technology if it works as advertised.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:35:18 AM EDT
[#17]
As much as I want this product release, and for it everything we're all hoping for, if the company had a stock, I'd be shorting the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Funny, the order we placed at SHOT 2014 showed a ship date of q4, 2014. They of course canceled that order without notice, but did make it a point of telling us we may be able to get "1 or 2" once they ship, assuming of course we bought a bunch of their other product. Shit company with shady business practices.

ETA- holy crap, just looked at the pictures from that year, it was actually 2014!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:02:18 AM EDT
[#19]
I would bet on a perp walk before a gun is available for purchase. Hopefully when/if available it's not the sagging tits and cauliflower after you get her undressed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:14:23 AM EDT
[#20]
That is priceless!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#21]
PLEEEEEAAAAASSE kfeltenberger.

The MDR was revealed in 2014 with statements from DT that it will be released in 2015 from SHOT SHOW 2014 (FIRST WORDS OUT OF THE DT REP IN THIS VIDEO: Shot Show 2014 #1)

Here is another video from Shot Show 2014 from a different rep stating mid 2015 release Shot Show #2

MAC Dec 2014, DT rep saying they are shooting for a Fall 2015 release: MAC interview

ColdBoreMiracle posting production MDR pics on June 2016 Production MDR pics in 6/2016

CEO in 2016: 2016 MDR CEO update saying it will get delivered 3rd Quarter 2016

FAST FORWARD TO SHOT SHOW 2017: Show Show 2017 THE CEO has even stated that it will start shipping in MARCH. SO 3 years later, they still CAN'T accurately follow through what they are saying to their customers. It is now May and it is no where to be found.

DT has failed to deliver this platform on pathetic excuses since the beginning.

Next thing we will probably hear is how DT didn't know what was going on in 2014 to 2016...well that would be DT's leadership fault for not educating their reps correctly and a major failure not having proper vendors, manufacturing processes and equipment ready to tackle this. Also, its the leadership's fault for previewing a weapon that even after its reveal...3 years later...is still VAPORWARE at this point and even the CEO has failed to deliver on his words to start shipping these rifles in March of this year (and in previous years).

I sold my beloved TAVOR when the preorders were opened for the MDR...and talking to DT at that time made me realize this weapon will not be released for a long time as they had no clue about a single thing regarding the platform so I spent my money elsewhere at that time. Even if they release it now, I would promptly not get one and let the bugs get figured out...image the mess DT will give to their customers repairing their MDRs...they probably won't have any spare parts for warranty work because they have proven over and over that they cannot forecast things properly.

I really do hope that DT pulls through for their customers who still believe they will get a superior product because it is their hard earned money...but at this point...I do not see a reason for anyone to keep their money tied up with DT and I would recommend people to get their preorder money back.

Just imagine this (not saying this is happening but it could)..if DT has put all their marbles into this project and they can't make it happen, leading to potential financial trouble...how will customers get their money back?!? I hope that doesn't happen but if this project bankrupts DT...than all those moneys will be next to impossible to get back (especially if DT has already used those preorder dollars to fund the manufacturing of this rifle). Yes this is purely speculative comment by me however DT's continued failed timeline deployments are warning signs that need to be talked about.

I DO HOPE DT DELIVERS THE MDR AND I HOPE THEY WORK AS ADVERTISED. Maybe after they are released and are proven to work...I will fund a purchase as well...at this time...I won't risk $2200.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Guys I know I'm not a mod or anything but I think all of you know I've not been a DT cheerleader throughout this whole thing but name calling and bashing each other isn't going to end productively here.

As for DT going bankrupt I think that is unlikely. They have other contracts for other rifles and they appear to be doing ok. My money is in the group buy which is being held by Sgt.P not by DT so I know I can get my money back if needed. For those not on the group buy I would assume that most of them preordered by CC in which case they could file a claim with their bank if the rifle never materializes and they would almost certainly be refunded. So let's not go overboard with tinfoil hat theories here. There is plenty of BS being spread by DT themselves through idiotic marketing without adding to it with rumors and conjecture.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think that DT will go bankrupt either but if they jack this up...they very well could. We really have no clue how their finances look because they are privately held. They might have an investor group helping them or self-funding this project. DT is not huge...they are a small company (anything can happen when leadership makes terrible decisions).

Sure you could do a charge back on a CC...however if you paid it off already (since you been waiting over a year now and you probably made payments on it)...the CC company won't do much for you there. Fair Credit Billing Act entitles you to contest charges within 60 days after the card company first mailed the bill...while some CC companies offer up to 120 days.

I am glad that there is a private preorder happening through Sgt.P...but if I preordered through DT...at this point...I would ask for my money back until they deliver. Just my opinion on the matter.

Here is DT's response to a Facebook post on their page when someone asked about the delays over "outsourced" parts:

Desert Tech: The MDR utilizes a lot of specialized molding processes that are very common amongst weapon manufacturers from the same sources that companies like Ruger, Sig, and others are utilizing. The delays result from it being the first production batches with engineers taking extra time to streamline the production times and setups. We try as hard to estimate those times in house and with any suppliers we utilize but there is a large piece that is unknown until the time you get to working on it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:01:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That is priceless!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That is priceless!!!
ETA:
Quoted:
I don't think that DT will go bankrupt either but if they jack this up...they very well could. We really have no clue how their finances look because they are privately held. They might have an investor group helping them or self-funding this project. DT is not huge...they are a small company (anything can happen when leadership makes terrible decisions).

Sure you could do a charge back on a CC...however if you paid it off already (since you been waiting over a year now and you probably made payments on it)...the CC company won't do much for you there. Fair Credit Billing Act entitles you to contest charges within 60 days after the card company first mailed the bill...while some CC companies offer up to 120 days.

I am glad that there is a private preorder happening through Sgt.P...but if I preordered through DT...at this point...I would ask for my money back until they deliver. Just my opinion on the matter.

Here is DT's response to a Facebook post on their page when someone asked about the delays over "outsourced" parts:

Desert Tech: The MDR utilizes a lot of specialized molding processes that are very common amongst weapon manufacturers from the same sources that companies like Ruger, Sig, and others are utilizing. The delays result from it being the first production batches with engineers taking extra time to streamline the production times and setups. We try as hard to estimate those times in house and with any suppliers we utilize but there is a large piece that is unknown until the time you get to working on it.
We see this periodically in the NFA subforum but most card agreements state within XX days of the product's scheduled delivery
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:49:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
I manage a brewery and we order cases, labels, and six/four pack carriers, grain, and other production parts from various vendors.  Production optimization is only an excuse the first or second time.  It's a bullshit excuse anyhow.  In an attempt to streamline polymer injection usage or whatever they're doing, it doesn't push a rifle back 3 years.  The truth is in what they're not disclosing.  I bet hasn't been released yet because it would have likely required recall up to this point to fix the issues or they can only get a handful of rifles together because of the unpaid invoices and supplier POs.  Anyhow the highlighted text likely translates into "we have a problem paying bills and they will not move on our PO until we cough up cash for the last PO we're past due".
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Lol at this point I wouldn't pay 1k for one.

Can you imagine they end up like msar?

Good luck getting spare parts when they can't even produce a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I manage a brewery and we order cases, labels, and six/four pack carriers, grain, and other production parts from various vendors.  Production optimization is only an excuse the first or second time.  It's a bullshit excuse anyhow.  In an attempt to streamline polymer injection usage or whatever they're doing, it doesn't push a rifle back 3 years.  The truth is in what they're not disclosing.  I bet hasn't been released yet because it would have likely required recall up to this point to fix the issues or they can only get a handful of rifles together because of the unpaid invoices and supplier POs.  Anyhow the highlighted text likely translates into "we have a problem paying bills and they will not move on our PO until we cough up cash for the last PO we're past due".
View Quote
Exactly my point. Been around the business world enough to know how to read between the lines and when something stinks. To me, DT's behavior has fully stunk at this point. Hence why I've stated to get your money back while you can without having to jack with things. If they release the gun...great...but I wouldn't let DT at this point hold it as hostage.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#28]
This whole MDR debacle has made me write off Desert Tech entirely. The excuses, the missed delivery dates, the poor management, the taking of people's money when they weren't even close to having product ready, the general shady atmosphere that now surrounds the company's reputation...it's just too many red flags for me to ever consider giving them my hard earned money. I really wanted an MDR. I was going to buy one last year when Euro Optics added them to their website and it kinda looked like they would be released soon. I really wanted a .308 bullpup battle rifle to go along with my AUG A3. I also wanted to get either one of their .308 or .50 BMG bolt action rifles since they look like decent weapons and are reasonably priced for the features they have. I also like supporting local companies and they're here in Utah. It's just a shame they can't seem to pull their shit together or be honest with their customers. The MDR could come out next month in full production and be a world class product, an absolute "must-have" weapon, and I still wouldn't buy it. I'm glad I bought my LRB barreled action and built myself a Mk14 Mod 0 instead of waiting for an MDR, or worse, pre-ordering one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Wait, what?

Isn't this the rifle that was supposed to come out like 5 years ago?

I didn't realize they were still in business.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This whole MDR debacle has made me write off Desert Tech entirely. The excuses, the missed delivery dates, the poor management, the taking of people's money when they weren't even close to having product ready, the general shady atmosphere that now surrounds the company's reputation...it's just too many red flags for me to ever consider giving them my hard earned money. I really wanted an MDR. I was going to buy one last year when Euro Optics added them to their website and it kinda looked like they would be released soon. I really wanted a .308 bullpup battle rifle to go along with my AUG A3. I also wanted to get either one of their .308 or .50 BMG bolt action rifles since they look like decent weapons and are reasonably priced for the features they have. I also like supporting local companies and they're here in Utah. It's just a shame they can't seem to pull their shit together or be honest with their customers. The MDR could come out next month in full production and be a world class product, an absolute "must-have" weapon, and I still wouldn't buy it. I'm glad I bought my LRB barreled action and built myself a Mk14 Mod 0 instead of waiting for an MDR, or worse, pre-ordering one.
View Quote
The ripple effect is what will be Desert Techs fatal miscalculation here.  

I know of more than one wealthy person who too will no longer purchase a DT product due to their handling of the MDR.  

Last year I almost sold away several guns to justify buying their Covert bolt action and now looking back couldnt be more happy that I didnt.  Yes I have shot the bolt actions and they are nice but Im not rewarding a company that neither delivers or informs their customer base.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't wait until Desert Tech announces that they're taking pre-orders for their new Bren Ten!

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#32]
My guess is it will either ship in May or it won't ever ship.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
What year?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
They are running out of may 2017...
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

11/15--->5/17
16 months+
No shit eh?!
Funny how when a company ships a new flavour of AR15 6 months late it's not a biggie, but whole new cool design is a year, year and a half late.... it's the end of the world, they're "stealing your money"...blah blah...ironically everyone who wanted a refund from DT or dealers got their money back in a timely fashion....I can't comment on the GBs or small LGSs, though that would have nothing to do with DT
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Honestly nobody cares about this rifle anymore besides the fanboys. People can defend it or rip it apart. But in the end its in a niche market and will never get up to even Robarms XCR status ( which is? drum roll). This thing set out to de-crown the AR15( based on what they said in their marketing) . It will never happen this is Iphone 6 as far as people are concerned. And its also working against the current political climate. People don't buy what they can buy tomorrow or next week or next year.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Honestly nobody cares about this rifle anymore besides the fanboys. People can defend it or rip it apart. But in the end its in a niche market and will never get up to even Robarms XCR status ( which is? drum roll). This thing set out to de-crown the AR15( based on what they said in their marketing) . It will never happen this is Iphone 6 as far as people are concerned. And its also working against the current political climate. People don't buy what they can buy tomorrow or next week or next year.
View Quote
If no one cares about this other than the "fanboys", they why are so many people who claim they won't be buying it ranting on and on about it?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:37:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If no one cares about this other than the "fanboys", they why are so many people who claim they won't be buying it ranting on and on about it?
View Quote
Because we "are" "were" fanboys.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Because we "are" "were" fanboys.
View Quote
Enjoy slow motion train wrecks
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#40]
How many people are saying they won't? Like 100 if your lucky and then maybe a few hundred more that say they won't even though they will never have the money to get one anyway even if it had given them a chubbie like a 2017 muscle car?  And for the record I was a fanboy in 2015 but made the decision to not jump on it till it was at least on a youtube reviewer video.  I'm here cause I'm still curious about it and I find this train wreck kinda amusing thus far. But if this were a stock or a commodity heck even a land parcel no one would buy it it has no future. Even if it comes out I can see people getting f'd in the a  just like the M96 owners did from Robinson on the spare parts side of things. IF it comes out its going to just be the gun in the safe that people think is cool but never gets shot, you really think droves of people are going to shell out $2500 for a rifle in this political climate with quality Ar's under $600?  I'm not saying it will be a bad rifle I'm saying its toast in sales, had they released this just prior to the election it could have made them, now...  not till hell freezes over.  

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They are running out of may 2017...
View Quote
Yep. And they were saying that only one subcontracted part was delaying them for two weeks in April. That has proven to be a falsehood since it's nearing the end of May and they haven't shipped a thing. This tells me that they're much, much further behind than they're admitting and probably won't ever release the thing. So far behind that they're lying and making up excuses (outside vendor delayed us 2 weeks, etc)
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because we all wanted an MDR like 2 years ago with the announced in 2014 that it will be released in 2015....its 2017 now...still nothing. THAT IS WHY!!!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice photo they posted on their Facebook of the MDR

Oh wait its not even the civilian production version since its full auto
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 2:27:13 AM EDT
[#44]
FWIW, I talked to a guy from Amtac Suppressors at TacOps West that has a close relationship to Desert Tech. He said it truly is just a parts supply problem and not problems with the rifle itself.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:13:02 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
FWIW, I talked to a guy from Amtac Suppressors at TacOps West that has a close relationship to Desert Tech. He said it truly is just a parts supply problem and not problems with the rifle itself.
View Quote
Difficulty getting parts isn't good for the rifle, either. Especially now while there's no panic or anything going on.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Parts supply issue" in the current climate = "parts suppliers aren't getting paid issue".
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Agree or DT is just completely incompetent with their Fortune 20 talent they hired for the MDR project (as stated by the CEOs video message when he said that MDR will be released in 2016 for sure).

Next they will blame that they have an issue with the cardboard/box maker for a year so they can't ship rifles because they don't have boxes to ship it in. HAHA.

Honestly, I do hope MDR is released. I will see how the platform mature after its release for a good 2 years before making an investment into it.

If part vendors are a problem...this makes spare parts kits or warranty work non existent pretty much.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

"Parts supply issue" in the current climate = "parts suppliers aren't getting paid issue".
View Quote
Yep. Plenty of vendors out there sitting idle and unable to sell run of the mill AR parts would love to make MDR parts right now. Pesky problem is they want to get paid for doing it
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yep. Plenty of vendors out there sitting idle and unable to sell run of the mill AR parts would love to make MDR parts right now. Pesky problem is they want to get paid for doing it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not always that easy. Depending on what the part is not just anyone can crank them out. Stuff like this is why I hated the firearms industry. Both sides of it.

People love over simplifying things. Everybody always has a insider contact or buddy so they are sure they know what's happening which is funny because depending on the size of the company may only have a couple people that truly know what is going on. Desert Tech seems pretty small so I am sure there isn't a lot of compartmentalization but you never know.  Where they messed up was promising dates and taking preorders. Everyone should take Magpuls lead or even Ruger now where you only get real info when the product is ready to ship or immediately before..
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I sent out some feelers for a run of US made Daewoo K2/DR200 bolts modified to use AR extractors. Had almost instantaneous, enthusiastic responses from several gun industry machine shops.
These same shops wouldn't give me the time of day two years ago on this same project.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top