Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pardon my lack of search fu and patience to read this whole thread...

Are they available yet?
View Quote

Lol

welcometothepartypal.jpg
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are they available yet?
View Quote

Supposed to start shipping in January 2017. Their website indicates that my pre-order is estimated to be delivered in February 2017. If you are on the pre-order it would depend on when you placed your order.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Supposed to start shipping in January 2017. Their website indicates that my pre-order is estimated to be delivered in February 2017. If you are on the pre-order it would depend on when you placed your order.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they available yet?

I'm holding out hope that this estimate turns out to be true.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are they available yet?

After all of the delays so far, I am going to go ahead and bet they aren't making the new deadline either.  No updates on the group-buy either and the main guy promised an update in a week, which was 5 weeks ago.  I would just like some REAL information and less fluff.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 6:42:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Sgt.P is a good guy though. I have some faith in him at least. I would imagine he has to be pretty distraught with everything right now. I mean he has a lot of money (including mine) but I know some people have said some pretty shitty things about him. Other than running the group buy the he isn't affiliated with DT at all so I would imagine at some point he's just got to be thinking "wtf did i get myself into?" Having said that some more regular updates from him would be nice. Even if it's just saying that he's in the same boat as the rest of us.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sgt.P is a good guy though. I have some faith in him at least. I would imagine he has to be pretty distraught with everything right now. I mean he has a lot of money (including mine) but I know some people have said some pretty shitty things about him. Other than running the group buy the he isn't affiliated with DT at all so I would imagine at some point he's just got to be thinking "wtf did i get myself into?" Having said that some more regular updates from him would be nice. Even if it's just saying that he's in the same boat as the rest of us.
View Quote

I don't doubt he's a good guy, but if you say you are going to post an update in a week, do it!  It has now been five weeks since he promised that update.  People get a little jittery when you are holding thousands of their dollars and you go completely dark.  There really isn't an excuse for that.  DT has just jacked this whole thing up.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't disagree. He should be updating BFP regularly. However the two times i've called him he's picked up the phone and told me everything he knows which is basically "i don't know anything more than you do". At the end of the day I know where his business is so unless he skips town I'll get my money back if it all goes pear shaped
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#8]
The below is their monthly update from their FB yesterday evening:

December 1, 2016
Dear Valued Customers,
The MDR is still on track with last month’s update.  So far we haven’t run into anything that would impact our predictions.  I wanted to share the amazingly great results we got from our bore obstruction tests but legal put the brakes on it for now.  It did fantastic. Much better than competitors' rifles we tested.  Once we get our legal team to sign off on it, with a “do not try this at home” disclaimer, then we can show it off.  I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!  I also want to say how excited we are that Trump won the Presidential Election.  He will ensure the MDR has a very long life!

Sincerely,

Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech, LLC
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Looks like you are going to owe me that $20 ;)

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Lol yeah yeah thanks Sven...I'll put the check in the mail Jan 1st. I'm a man of my word!
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 9:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]
ya they are excited Trump won now they can go back to working on it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 10:12:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Sadly, you may be correct.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I have high hopes for this rifle and can't wait to see some reviews. Someone at DT needs to send Mac a production model so he can review.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have high hopes for this rifle and can't wait to see some reviews. Someone at DT needs to send Mac a production model so he can review.
View Quote

Who's to say he doesn't already have one?  Anyone who would receive one would have a serious NDA to sign so not hearing that he has one isn't an issue, IMO.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ya they are excited Trump won now they can go back to working on it.
View Quote

I almost wonder if this was an issue as well, as cynical as it sounds. I know they claimed to be chasing .mil/LEO contracts with this, but it has to be weighing heavily on your mind that you're investing tons of resources into something that may be illegal before it ever rolls off the assembly line in any significant numbers. If released .mil/LEO sales *may* happen, civilians will buy given the hype surrounding the product, but not if banned which would leave tons of money tied up into a product that's DOA.

Especially would seem risky given your bread and butter is normally the safer precision bolt gun market. At least, that's what *I* would be thinking if I were involved in MDR decision making.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#16]
January 2017 Update from Facebook

Dear Valued Customers,
I want to wish you everyone a happy new year! I am very excited about 2017 and I hope you are too. Our January announcement is two days late due to Jan 1st being a holiday and landing on a weekend. For each of these announcements we meet with all of our departments to get true assessments of where things are, in order to provide the most accurate and up to date information as possible. We have several updates for you:

1. MDR performance: Information and videos will be publicly released January 17, 2017.

2. MDR Media: Production MDR’s will be at Shot Show and we will also be hosting a private “MDR live fire” writers event during shot show. Any interested writers or media can RSVP with Dustin or Jeff in our marketing department by calling our office.

3. Production Schedule:
a. Delivery Schedule: On January 10th we will be posting individual customer delivery dates on our website, which they can access by logging into their order. We are also contacting dealers directly to inform them of their delivery schedules.
b. Current Production Status: Do to some delays in receiving production parts we will be combining Jan, Feb, and March’s planned shipments into one shipment to be delivered in March. We still expect to be at full production by June 2017. If parts show up earlier than expected, then there is still a chance for some MDR’s to go out in February.
c. Caliber Availability: Only 7.62 MDR’s will be shipping through June 2017. The 5.56 rifles won’t start shipping until July. It is possible for customers who have 5.56 rifles on order to change them to 7.62 rifles by calling our sales office and making the change by phone. Changing your 5.56 order to 7.62 will save your place in line and get you your MDR sooner. The reason the 7.62 cartridge is being released first is because it is the largest cartridge in the MDR platform so the bulk of our time has been spent on 7.62 testing to ensure the MDR is a true 7.62 rifle not an up scaled 5.56 rifle. The 5.56 rifle lagged behind the 7.62 because the 5.56 is still in testing and because a handful of 5.56 parts use different tooling than the 7.62 and the tooling is still pending. The .300 Blackout conversion kits are expected to start shipping by August 2017. This again is due to the tooling variances.

3. Price Increase: The engineering and refinement that went into the forward ejection mechanism and other features of the MDR are nothing less than fantastic; it is super reliable, accurate, and durable. Unfortunately, more features and more innovation just costs more to produce than we initially expected which has forced us to increase the price on the MDR.
As of January 4, 2017 the new pricing is:
d. MDR 7.62 is $2,525
e. MDR 5.56 is $2,275
f. Conversion kit prices will not increase
All pre-orders are locked in at the old pricing, we will allow customers to order MDR’s at the old pricing up to January 10, 2017.

I’m excited that we are locking in delivery dates for each customer who has been waiting so patiently for their MDR, it is unfortunate that parts delays has pushed the earliest pre-orders back by 4 to 8 weeks. We hoped to have the 5.56 MDR’s ready at the same time as the 7.62’s but time and manpower constraints didn’t allow it. We are still very excited with the MDR and it’s performance and we can’t wait to get them into every-ones hands. I really appreciate everyones support and excitement, we are on the home stretch and the wait will be.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:34:06 AM EDT
[#17]
So this month it was pushed back another month, and the price went up 250 bucks.

That's a bold strategy cotton, let's see if it pays off.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:11:10 AM EDT
[#18]
So um has anyone done any accuracy testing?  Because right now an RDB at half the price looks pretty damn good to me.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
January 2017 Update from Facebook

Dear Valued Customers,
I want to wish you everyone a happy new year! I am very excited about 2017 and I hope you are too. Our January announcement is two days late due to Jan 1st being a holiday and landing on a weekend. For each of these announcements we meet with all of our departments to get true assessments of where things are, in order to provide the most accurate and up to date information as possible. We have several updates for you:

1. MDR performance: Information and videos will be publicly released January 17, 2017.

2. MDR Media: Production MDR’s will be at Shot Show and we will also be hosting a private “MDR live fire” writers event during shot show. Any interested writers or media can RSVP with Dustin or Jeff in our marketing department by calling our office.

3. Production Schedule:
a. Delivery Schedule: On January 10th we will be posting individual customer delivery dates on our website, which they can access by logging into their order. We are also contacting dealers directly to inform them of their delivery schedules.
b. Current Production Status: Do to some delays in receiving production parts we will be combining Jan, Feb, and March’s planned shipments into one shipment to be delivered in March. We still expect to be at full production by June 2017. If parts show up earlier than expected, then there is still a chance for some MDR’s to go out in February.
c. Caliber Availability: Only 7.62 MDR’s will be shipping through June 2017. The 5.56 rifles won’t start shipping until July. It is possible for customers who have 5.56 rifles on order to change them to 7.62 rifles by calling our sales office and making the change by phone. Changing your 5.56 order to 7.62 will save your place in line and get you your MDR sooner. The reason the 7.62 cartridge is being released first is because it is the largest cartridge in the MDR platform so the bulk of our time has been spent on 7.62 testing to ensure the MDR is a true 7.62 rifle not an up scaled 5.56 rifle. The 5.56 rifle lagged behind the 7.62 because the 5.56 is still in testing and because a handful of 5.56 parts use different tooling than the 7.62 and the tooling is still pending. The .300 Blackout conversion kits are expected to start shipping by August 2017. This again is due to the tooling variances.

3. Price Increase: The engineering and refinement that went into the forward ejection mechanism and other features of the MDR are nothing less than fantastic; it is super reliable, accurate, and durable. Unfortunately, more features and more innovation just costs more to produce than we initially expected which has forced us to increase the price on the MDR.
d. MDR 7.62 is $2,525
e. MDR 5.56 is $2,275
All pre-orders are locked in at the old pricing, we will allow customers to order MDR’s at the old pricing up to January 10, 2017.

I’m excited that we are locking in delivery dates for each customer who has been waiting so patiently for their MDR, it is unfortunate that parts delays has pushed the earliest pre-orders back by 4 to 8 weeks. We hoped to have the 5.56 MDR’s ready at the same time as the 7.62’s but time and manpower constraints didn’t allow it. We are still very excited with the MDR and it’s performance and we can’t wait to get them into every-ones hands. I really appreciate everyones support and excitement, we are on the home stretch and the wait will be.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech
View Quote

I hate to be "that guy" but after all of the marketing lunacy that has gone on with this product you would think they would at least check their posts for correct grammar. 3b) Where it says "Do" it should be "Due". Now DT makes some fine products and I'm excited to finally get my hands on an MDR but when you are trying to play with the big boys it helps if a letter from your CEO comes across as properly proof read.

p.s. @ the guy above me. I don't think anyone has done any accuracy testing as no one has handled them live fire really other than some press guys at live fire demos that were some time ago.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So um has anyone done any accuracy testing?  Because right now an RDB at half the price looks pretty damn good to me.
View Quote

Yeah I don't care how much magic mojo and anticipation this thing has built up I am not paying that for an unproven gun

I will buy any other bull pup or build or buy a premium AR.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:05:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So this month it was pushed back another month, and the price went up 250 bucks.

View Quote

It increased $275 actually it appears (14% if my math is correct).
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:51:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bullpupforum had some users mention that the MDR's initial superb accuracy claims from years back is no longer associated with the updated news on the production MDR.

I read that as they had high hopes with their success on the bolt guns, but it couldn't be translated over to a semiautomatic.

With the full-size 7.62x51 being the one and only "until July", what exactly does the MDR offer that a keltec, IWI, or Steyr in 5.56 doesn't, beside being chambered differently? Nothing.

Anyways, with the MDR being delayed again, what's stopping it from further delays and "union strikes" etc.

Still waiting on the already mentioned tavor .308...
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#23]
But, but, but it is a sub MOA gun, the 308 Tavor isn't near as accurate.  

LOL.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you miss this part:

"All pre-orders are locked in at the old pricing, we will allow customers to order MDR’s at the old pricing up to January 10, 2017."

My MDR didn't go up in price a single cent!   I got no problem waiting an extra month. Let the whining and gnashing of teeth continue. This promises to be a good year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you're not getting it for .308 I'd be all over the RDB. It's significantly lighter, half the cost, and already exists.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did you miss this part:

"All pre-orders are locked in at the old pricing, we will allow customers to order MDR’s at the old pricing up to January 10, 2017."

My MDR didn't go up in price a single cent!   I got no problem waiting an extra month. Let the whining and gnashing of teeth continue. This promises to be a good year.
View Quote

I didn't miss it, it's just irrelevant to the MSRP increasing 275.

Frankly at this point I don't envy your having pre-ordering. If you're fine with giving them an interest free 2.25k for a solid year, sight unseen, to be the beta tester for a rifle they admit is rife with issues, then more power to you and I genuinely wish you the best there.

And yes, I preemptively agree with your counterpoint that there shouldn't be any beta testing for as long as it's been in R&D.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#27]
underpromise.   overdeliver.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

DT needs to take that saying to heart after this fiasco.

I was looking forward to the MDR but I am going to sit this rifle out and go with something else instead at some point.  I am afraid this thing will turn into an MSAR in the future and want nothing to do with it anymore.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

...said no one at DT ever!
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
But, but, but it is a sub MOA gun, the 308 Tavor isn't near as accurate.  

LOL.
View Quote
The Tavor isnt such a great bargain either after having shot the RDB.  But desert Tech really screwed the pooch so far on this one.....if they do not deliver a well functioning rifle in about a month...they are mud.  I'm completely  over my desire for this gun with the price increase.  Hope you guys enjoy that have  already ordered
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 2:39:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Tavor isnt such a great bargain either after having shot the RDB.  But desert Tech really screwed the pooch so far on this one.....if they do not deliver a well functioning rifle in about a month...they are mud.  I'm completely  over my desire for this gun with the price increase.  Hope you guys enjoy that have  already ordered
View Quote

My point was that there is no 308 Tavor, just like there is no MDR yet.  I wonder if IWI did come out with a 308 Tavor if they would release it at Range Day at SHOT or release it at a private range with a few "invited" gun writers that could further tout the 1 MOA accuracy claim.  Maybe they could get the same gun writers that told everybody how great the Remington R1 was.  LOL.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:30:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My point was that there is no 308 Tavor, just like there is no MDR yet.  I wonder if IWI did come out with a 308 Tavor if they would release it at Range Day at SHOT or release it at a private range with a few "invited" gun writers that could further tout the 1 MOA accuracy claim.  Maybe they could get the same gun writers that told everybody how great the Remington R1 was.  LOL.
View Quote

That was the pinnacle of firearms technology.  Hell, the media hoopla surrounding it had me almost believing.  And then....
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Posted on bullpupforum by Chief Master:

I compiled Desert Tech's MDR-related posts from Facebook, starting a year ago at SHOT Show 2016. This should give context to people's frustration with changing MDR timeframes.

Jan 20, 2016
Desert Tech has announced that it has begun production of the much anticipated Micro Dynamic Rifle (MDR) and is taking pre-orders for the new MDR at SHOT Show in Las Vegas. The MDR rifle is one of the most anticipated tactical weapon releases of the year and is currently featured on the February cover of RECOIL Magazine.
In anticipation of the large demand for the MDR, Desert Tech has invested and installed over $8 million in brand new state of the art CNC machines that are dedicated to the production of the MDR.
"We have expanded every aspect of the Desert Tech production capabilities in 2015 and with the new equipment in place, 2016 is set to be a very exciting year," said Nick Young, CEO of Desert Tech.
"The precision and complex capabilities of the MDR make it a true Micro Dynamic Rifle. Creating a semi auto, multi caliber, sub MOA bullpup rifle that has amazing reliability may be the panicle of my career," said Cory Newman, Chief Engineer of Desert Tech.
Pre-orders for the MDR can be done on www.deserttech.com in the “rifle builder” section where customers can build and order their own MDR rifle. On the website you will be required to select a Desert Tech dealer in your area to complete your order. At SHOT Show, customers can order directly through a Desert Tech representative, or order through a Desert Tech stocking dealer. Orders are expected to ship to dealers 2nd quarter 2016.
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1088037027893705

Jan 27, 2016
MDR PRE-SALE IS GOING ON NOW!
Don't be the only one without the next great american rifle. Get to the website and get your MDR ordered: www.deserttech.com.
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/photos/a.124462534251164.14600.124414064256011/1091771317520276/?type=3

Feb 25, 2016
MDR torture testing continues, stand bye for videos in the near future...
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/photos/a.124462534251164.14600.124414064256011/1108012409229500/?type=3

Feb 29, 2016
WINNER CHOSEN for the Desert Tech forum photo contest. Today's winner will receive a Desert Tech hat, T-shirt, and a box of DT308 Match Ammunition. Next will be the winner of the MDR Giveaway!
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/photos/a.124462534251164.14600.124414064256011/1110332275664180/?type=3

Jun 9, 2016
(Video transcription)
“Hey, I’m Nick Young, CEO of Desert Tech. In 2007, I founded Desert Tactical Arms. And I did it for the sole purpose of producing tomorrow’s weapon systems. More compact, more accurate, more convertible rifles than what the world has ever seen. We’re really excited about the progress that we’ve made on the MDR and all the accomplishments that we have been able to bring to light. We’re here to share that with you and give you an update on where we’re at on the MDR.

“So the MDR is the most ambitious project that we’ve ever worked on. We had to solve the riddle of how do we make this thing affordable? How do we make it so that our customers can get it at the price point they want it to be at? How do we get it so that the symphony of parts and the organization of the company everything comes together and these rifles are assembled and tested and delivered to our customers to work right out of the gate?

“Our company went through some substantial changes. We had to make some dramatic improvements in our engineering, in our production. We have a lot of new production technologies we didn’t have before. We have 600% increase in our production and quality capacities. Some of the new production technologies we brought online were screw machines, multi-axis CNC work centers, laser engraving machine, wire-EDM machine. We have an operations team that’s world-class, Fortune-20 talent, building this organization so that we can deliver on this phenomenal product.

“We understand that this is a new beginning for our company. We have one shot to show you guys that we mean business. So initially, we hoped that we would have the MDR out by late 2015. We were a bit optimistic in our expectations, in implementing the substantial company makeover and improvements; we were off on our timing. Quite frankly, in some instances, we really didn’t know how long it was going to take us to accomplish some of the goals that we had to accomplish to get to this point. And we apologize for that. And our marketing team, in their defense, they were riding a bucking horse that was a tough ride to stay on.

“We’re really excited that we can commit third quarter of this year. That’s our firm time, and we’re excited to have that commitment. We’re really excited to get you guys MDRs in your hands. It’s gonna be the 100% gun that you want it to be, and that we want it to be. We’re gonna take the time to make sure out of the box that this is the product that you guys have been waiting for. Our fans love us because we don’t just regurgitate an existing platform in every different iteration possible. At Desert Tech, we build our foundation on tomorrow’s weapons. And tomorrow’s weapons are being built at Desert Tech.”
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/videos/1181450721885668/

May 27, 2016
Have a great Memorial Day weekend! Here's some full-auto MDR footage from awhile back to start it with.
<outdoor video of MDR shooting>
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/videos/1173473089350098/

Sep 2, 2016
Dear Valued Customers,
Many of you have asked how well the MDR functions, you can see for yourself. The gun runs awesome and has been for a long time now. We have been validating the first batches of production parts for the past three months. Understand that production parts are not the same as the prototype parts and we must ensure everything is properly toleranced, in specification, and maintains the same strength and durability as the prototyped predecessors. This means we shoot the production guns until we break something; then re-engineer the problem part, remake, and start shooting again. We have hit several unexpected snags along the way but to date we have successfully proofed the MDR’s to approx. 4000 rounds with no part failures or malfunctions. We expect our current engineering improvements to greatly increase the round count. Unfortunately, each time a part fails then it takes 7 to 21 days to do another cycle depending on the part. We are completing what we hope is the final cycle at the end of next week. As of today it is not possible to meet the 3rd quarter shipping date that we committed to. The earliest possible time that production guns could hit the streets is November/December timeline. I apologize for the additional delay but know that we are working as quickly and diligently as possible to make the MDR’s absolutely fantastic. From this point forward I will post an update on the first day of every month until MDR’s are shipping to keep you our valued customers in the loop.
Sincerely
Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech LLC
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/videos/1244366345594105/

Oct 1, 2016
Dear valued Customers,
MDR progress is coming along very well. We experienced a 2.5 week delay in order to improve the MDR’s bore obstruction performance to our satisfaction. We are moving into final longevity testing on a much larger batch of pre-production MDR’s to ensure there aren’t any issues with tolerance stacking or other unpredictable part variations. This is critical to ensure large volumes of rifles can quickly be assembled without any fit or function issues. Ultimately we want to ensure that quality products end up in our customer’s hands. We are getting very close and our engineering staff is very excited with our current position. We are still on track to ship the first MDR’s in December. We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and support.
Sincerely
Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech, LLC
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1269562243074515

Nov 1, 2016
Dear Valued Customers,
The MDR is in longevity testing and most of the MDR parts have already been transitioned into production. We expect all parts to be in production within the next few weeks. Our goal was to get the first batch of MDR’s completed in December but a number of small unexpected delays have pushed it into January. The production ramp-up is expected to be at full capacity by March 2017. This is the most current information we have and we will alert everyone of any changes. We will also try to share more insight with you on the MDR’s performance during November. We truly appreciate everyone’s patience and support.
Sincerely
Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech, LLC
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1302140526483353

Nov 7, 2016
To all our customers and Fans,
I want to address some of the things that are being discussed amongst many of you:
1) I will be the first to admit that debuting the MDR in Jan 2014 was premature, in hindsight we should have debuted the MDR December 2016. We have absolutely changed our process for future product announcements because I don't want to be in this situation ever again.
2) As I understand, it IWI took 8 years to develop the Tavor, we developed the MDR in 4.5 years. Designing new innovative products takes a lot longer than simply rebranding an AR15. Our time to develop is actually very respectable. We just debuted it before development was done. :(
3) Does MDR work? Absolutely! Is it accurate, you bet it is! We have one chance to make a first impression and that is why development took as long as it did. The MDR's are military grade rifles designed to be smaller, faster, and more versatile than any other rifle on Earth.
4) Those that have committed to Desert Tech by pre-ordering we really appreciate your support and we will be shipping an exclusive T-shirt to you with your MDR, in thanks for your support and loyalty to Desert Tech.
5) Those that are upset I understand your frustration, for what it's worth it is very frustrating for all of us at Desert Tech because we are getting bombarded from the marketplace and have the coolest rifle sitting in our laps that we know everyone is going to absolutely love once we get it into their hands.
6) For you Californians we will be doing a featureless MDR. We will also be contacting each of you with some options.
In a nutshell we were too excited to show off our new toy so we did it too soon. We didn't realize that the MDR development would take 1.5 years longer than we estimated. We can't change what happened and we understand that we will continue to get flack for it just know that we are pushing forward very rapidly towards getting MDR's shipped. I hope when the world gets their hands on the MDR's that the smile they get on their faces will have made it worth the wait.
Sincerely
Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech, LLC
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1308838319146907

Dec 1, 2016
Dear Valued Customers,
The MDR is still on track with last month’s update. So far we haven’t run into anything that would impact our predictions. I wanted to share the amazingly great results we got from our bore obstruction tests but legal put the brakes on it for now. It did fantastic. Much better than competitors' rifles we tested. Once we get our legal team to sign off on it, with a “do not try this at home” disclaimer, then we can show it off. I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! I also want to say how excited we are that Trump won the Presidential Election. He will ensure the MDR has a very long life!
Sincerely,
Nicholas Young
CEO, Desert Tech, LLC
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1336809863016419

Jan 3, 2017
Dear Valued Customers,
3. Production Schedule: 
d. MDR 7.62 is $2,525
e. MDR 5.56 is $2,275 
Sincerely
Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech
https://www.facebook.com/deserttacticalarms/posts/1373087089388696
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#34]
I do have to give them credit for putting out a rifle that is built to their satisfaction and consumers and runs 100%. That's why they probably took a long time to bring it to the market to make sure it's perfection. I know a few manufactures that rush a rifle to market, people buy it and it's crap. Manufacture comes out with a upgrade kit like improved firing pin, gas valve etc. free of charge but you have to wait 3 months and you have to pay for the shipping. Then they come out with a gen 2 version etc. You still have something that is not as good as the gen2 when you should be getting a gun good as the gen 2 in the first place. Kinda makes you feel like a lab rat and they took your money to fund for a better version. I'm glad desert tech didn't play that game.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#35]
I am watching this thread about how well DT is going to run with this.  I do agree with the previous post about getting it right the first time and not going like Gen1/Gen2 with different things.  Often reminds me of a handgun that claims 'perfection' yet has four generations each with pros and cons.  

I really would like to see this MDR succeed and make everyone happy.  But I also see they grossly overestimated their milestones.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 7:15:35 AM EDT
[#36]
The way history will be written is completely dependent upon how well the rifle performs. I'm still excited about getting mine.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#37]
So is it still tech related to question ask the exact involvement of the Polygamous sect in regards to ownership and design?
Google seems damning but I'd like to hear all sides
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So is it still tech related to question ask the exact involvement of the Polygamous sect in regards to ownership and design?
View Quote

What does it matter, or are you looking for something else to pick apart and complain about?
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:25:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What does it matter, or are you looking for something else to pick apart and complain about?
View Quote

I heard about it in the GD thread and we don't do business with companies like Troy because of their personal choices, maybe arfcom doesn't care about these things, if the allegations are accurate
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 9:33:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people may have issues with monetarily supporting a company and/or parent company whose foundation of beliefs are known to be part of such things as the "marriage" of prepubescent girls to middle-aged men, incest, welfare fraud, etc.

The choice is yours, but at least be informed who you are supporting.

ETA Desert Tech is a no go for me for reasons beyond the actual physical product they sell. I do actually think that the MDR will be a great product when it eventually is released, but I'll not be a buyer. Ever. It's just like Troy and their choices in who they hire, I won't support them with my money either.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Well this thread has taken a dive off the cliff... I'm still patiently waiting for mine
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.young.180?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

New pictures...  Looks like some progress.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
https://www.facebook.com/nicholas.young.180?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE

New pictures...  Looks like some progress.
View Quote

Interesting that it's their own marketing department doing the tests and not an independent testing source (Youtube reviewers). I'm guessing it's still vaporware until Q3 2017.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:22:40 PM EDT
[#44]
The bullpup forum is getting a little more lively with recently released info... Here is the link to some accuracy testing, sounds pretty good to me!

http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=11083.0
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:26:21 AM EDT
[#45]
I was hoping once the early adopters got their guns and the initial fervor dropped off the price might drop below $2k, now with the price increase my interest has dropped to 0.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:41:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Hey guys, I actually got a date on the website for mine.  Mine was saying March 25th, 2017 for delivery.  Anyone else logged in and checked it out?

FA
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I have nothing constructive to add. I just can't wait for this damn rifle.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Sven...I think I owe you $20 don't I? Want to pm me your address? Or do you just want me to send it to the business address?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:57:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Business address is fine, unless you want to bet $20 that is won't be out before 2018.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

haha! I would say double or nothing on 2018 but I need to save my money so I can buy your products! I'll drop something int he mail for you man!
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top