BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 8:05:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Having attended SHOT the last 6 years, I'm consistently amazed how little most booth operators know about their products.

Some examples:

Me: "Hey, this is a really cool knife, what type of steel is it?"
Booth guy: "I dunno, some type of stainless?"

Me: "Hey, this is a really cool pistol, what type of velocity are you getting?" (In reference to a custom 8" 5.7x28 pistol designed to go fast)
Booth guy: "I dunno, I think it shoots pretty fast?"

Me: "Hey, will you guys be offering this product you are displaying here?"
Booth guy: "I dunno, I think so, maybe check back in a few months?"

So this is not a MDR exclusive issue by any means

However, every now and again I'll come across the head engineer running the booth who knows every part spec down to the 0.003", and that restores my faith in humanity. But those guys are few and far between.
View Quote

Good Lord! You've seen these types of examples consistently???!! I don't expect reps to have all the answers we might be looking for, especially when it comes to things like ATF approval times that are pending for guns or imports, they have no control over that type of stuff, but that's got to be pretty frustrating to see these types of examples over the course of several years...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Latest on weight- jumped to 8.4#.  Guess the price increase was due to charging by the pound.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Latest on weight- jumped to 8.4#.  Guess the price increase was due to charging by the pound.
View Quote

What!?  Where did you see this?  I just looked at their website and it lists weight as TBD which is obviously not a good sign.
ETA:  If the extra weight went into the barrel to make it stiffer then I'm more OK with it, not that they're asking me
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 6:01:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What!?  Where did you see this?  I just looked at their website and it lists weight as TBD which is obviously not a good sign.
ETA:  If the extra weight went into the barrel to make it stiffer then I'm more OK with it, not that they're asking me
View Quote

Its in their new catalogue which is online....also confirmed by few ppl on bullpup forum confirming via email...
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:40:36 AM EDT
[#7]
7.1 to 8.4 lbs is pretty significant. I'm genuinely curious as to how they bloated it up so considerably from what was claimed to be a finished product.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 2:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
7.1 to 8.4 lbs is pretty significant. I'm genuinely curious as to how they bloated it up so considerably from what was claimed to be a finished product.
View Quote

Maybe they are hoping the weight will lessen the felt recoil...a lot of the press that fired it said that the recoil felt significantly sharper than some other 308s due to the weight etc so that could be a consideration. Then again at this point I'm just guessing, just so long as it doesn't delay the release by another year I'm fine with it.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Now it weighs more than an 18" RFB...
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Heavier, who cares, remember the sub MOA guarantee.  Lol.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Now it weighs more than an 18" RFB...
View Quote

Would the 5.56mm version weight any less?
I wonder how hard it would be to swap out the barrel with one of these new polymer barrels like the Drakos.
Not sure what else could be done to shave weight off a plastic gun though...
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#12]
It's amazing the battered wife syndrome some of us gun owners have
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#13]
I missed the weight increase bit.  That is an expensive pig of a rifle now.

Thank goodness there are so many beta testers, maybe eventually they'll even come out with a lightweight version that would be enough for me to use it to replace a number of other things in my safe.

But for that price, and that weight, after that wait, with numerous straight up lies by C-level executives?  
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Still glad I dropped out of the group buy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe they are hoping the weight will lessen the felt recoil...a lot of the press that fired it said that the recoil felt significantly sharper than some other 308s due to the weight etc so that could be a consideration. Then again at this point I'm just guessing, just so long as it doesn't delay the release by another year I'm fine with it.
View Quote

As they are once again claiming 'in production' and a March delivery, one can only hope the rifles fired by folks outside of SHOT would be the final weight.
It's not logical to assume they are going to find another 1.3# to add to the rifle after SHOT but while in 'production.'

Or, you know = more misinformation.  Waiting for Kurt to come on with excessively positive spin any second now.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 1:36:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Or, you know = more misinformation.  Waiting for Kurt to come on with excessively positive spin any second now.
View Quote

Yep, my money's on "Oh guys, come on - all match rifles *ADD* weights for stability and accuracy, besides the barrel harmonics osculate your wallet more intensely - and oh they never PROMISED a 7-pound rifle, nobody who's not a basement dweller cares about toting an extra pound and half of weight around, besides it's only a 20% increase." Amiright?

ETA: added smilies in case the intent weren't clear
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

As they are once again claiming 'in production' and a March delivery, one can only hope the rifles fired by folks outside of SHOT would be the final weight.
It's not logical to assume they are going to find another 1.3# to add to the rifle after SHOT but while in 'production.'

View Quote

That was kind of my point haha. My tongue was firmly in my cheek
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 4:37:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah Im tired of people defending DT.  They havent done one thing to inspire confidence or gain trust back.

A couple random firing videos and a picture of a group size on a target does not mean anything.  Show me some unedited video, I dont know why thats so difficult.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 5:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah Im tired of people defending DT.  They havent done one thing to inspire confidence or gain trust back.

A couple random firing videos and a picture of a group size on a target does not mean anything.  Show me some unedited video, I dont know why thats so difficult.
View Quote

I'm starting to drift that way as well  The gun suddenly (or not suddenly, since we weren't regularly updated on specs) gaining 1.3 lb is a little irritating as we are now heavier than a Tavor before a mag full of 308 and sights are even added.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#20]
I heard the current version is going to use caseless ammunition, ya know  since that ammo will be available and in production the same time the MDR will be.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It's amazing the battered wife syndrome some of us gun owners people who preordered this shit show of a rifle have
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

With all due brotherhood, rtpguy, KMA.  ;-)  

I'm actually upset about the weight increase, not for the .308 version, but for the 5.56 version.  However, that said, for the vast majority of people who will own one it is a moot issue as they'll be carrying it from the safe to the car, the car to the range, then after shooting a couple magazines through it, it'll be back to the car and then back to the safe.  Most people won't notice or care that it weighs about as much as other .308 self loading rifles.

I do find it rather humorous that just a few weeks ago people were losing their collective minds over how much it appeared to recoil and came up with novel ways to add weight to it...and now that the weight has climbed a bit, the exact opposite has happened.  Frankly, at this point, for some people there is no chance that DT can ever "win" with the MDR; they will always find something to nitpick about and blow out of all proportion just to satisfy a perceived slight.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's amazing the battered wife syndrome some of us gun owners people who preordered this shit show of a rifle have

FIFY
lol you said it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:44:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'm actually upset about the weight increase, not for the .308 version, but for the 5.56 version.  However, that said, for the vast majority of people who will own one it is a moot issue as they'll be carrying it from the safe to the car, the car to the range, then after shooting a couple magazines through it, it'll be back to the car and then back to the safe.  Most people won't notice or care that it weighs about as much as other .308 self loading rifles.

I do find it rather humorous that just a few weeks ago people were losing their collective minds over how much it appeared to recoil and came up with novel ways to add weight to it...and now that the weight has climbed a bit, the exact opposite has happened.  Frankly, at this point, for some people there is no chance that DT can ever "win" with the MDR; they will always find something to nitpick about and blow out of all proportion just to satisfy a perceived slight.

YMMV.
View Quote

Yeah they can win, but you cant win without trying and thats what they are failing at.

If it isnt ready it isnt ready and thats perfectly fine but you think they would try to clear up the controversy instead of continually adding to it month after month.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:52:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
for the vast majority of people who will own one it is a moot issue as they'll be carrying it from the safe to the car, the car to the range, then after shooting a couple magazines through it, it'll be back to the car and then back to the safe.  Most people won't notice or care that it weighs about as much as other .308 self loading rifles.
View Quote

I did call that one pretty close if I don't say so myself
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:10:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stuff said.
View Quote

Perhaps, after all the effort expended on development of the MDR, it just isn't a winner.

I'm being serious. No firearm company ever spent millions on R&D for it to purposefully be a mediocre product - but there are a multitude of firearms that while outside the box are just MEH.

You know what happens to firearms that are heavy, not so accurate, expensive to purchase, expensive to feed, boutique type guns that sit in the safe?

They get sold by the primary purchasers after the "new" and "wow" wears off.

MDR, the most anticipated arrival to Misfit Island.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#27]
As far as I know I'm still expecting mine in March. The possible weight increase doesn't bother me so much. My 8+10" 300blk sbrs both weigh 10-11lbs by the time you add suppressor, sling, ir laser, light, full mag etc. My srs weighs 17-18lbs with a 26" barrel in and a can.

If it holds even 1.5moa accuracy it will still be way ahead of the rfb I had and the caliber change ability and ergonomics still put it far ahead of anything else available.

They definitely dropped the ball several times with this release but I'm still optimistic.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
As far as I know I'm still expecting mine in March. The possible weight increase doesn't bother me so much. My 8+10" 300blk sbrs both weigh 10-11lbs by the time you add suppressor, sling, ir laser, light, full mag etc. My srs weighs 17-18lbs with a 26" barrel in and a can.

If it holds even 1.5moa accuracy it will still be way ahead of the rfb I had and the caliber change ability and ergonomics still put it far ahead of anything else available.

They definitely dropped the ball several times with this release but I'm still optimistic.
View Quote

Then you're more optimistic than me. This time about a year ago I was kicking myself for not initially preordering. Now I'm fairly glad I didn't. They may end up with a nice rifle eventually, but every update from them has been making the rifle worse. I think they promised too much, and are now fully aware of their unrealistic expectations. For reference see the now years of delays, cost increase, weight increase, and dropping of several conversion kits calibers initially touted. Remember when this was in four or five calibers, and SBR/Canadian lengths? Pepperidge farm remembers.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#29]
My fear is that its going to be a novelty gun, not a serious battle rifle.  

I have no need for a battle rifle personally but like all of us was still hoping for it.  Something to make the scar, tavor, x95, aug obsolete and I little hope to believe it will anymore just due to how its played out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#30]
That makes it heavier than a 17s (I know its not a bullpup), Keltec RFB, LaRue PredaTAR 7.62

I hope its a tack driver and reliable .... Recoil looks brutal for how heavy it is
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

YMMV.
View Quote

You can't still be missing the point here, or if you are, most others aren't.
It's about the communication, 'marketing' and 'surprises' that simply shouldn't have been.
Fool me once, shame on you.  Try to fool us 27 times - Desert Tech, come clean and fire your marketing and communications folks, please.

The 'surprises' were getting old the last 5 'shipping dates' before the gun gained weight. This one just leaves it open as - what next?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:11:40 PM EDT
[#32]
So the OP died waiting for the release and thus couldn't update the Title with correct pricing?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's about the communication, 'marketing' and 'surprises' that simply shouldn't have been.
Fool me once, shame on you.  Try to fool us 27 times - Desert Tech, come clean and fire your marketing and communications folks, please.

The 'surprises' were getting old the last 5 'shipping dates' before the gun gained weight. This one just leaves it open as - what next?
View Quote

Exactly.

Them trying to save face is doing a monthly update that makes them look like a company that I would describe as talks the most but says the least.  Literaly no substance in any updates yet the DT worshippers eat them up, at least on facebook.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 7:55:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Perhaps, after all the effort expended on development of the MDR, it just isn't a winner.

I'm being serious. No firearm company ever spent millions on R&D for it to purposefully be a mediocre product - but there are a multitude of firearms that while outside the box are just MEH.

You know what happens to firearms that are heavy, not so accurate, expensive to purchase, expensive to feed, boutique type guns that sit in the safe?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stuff said.

That's quite possible and you could be right...or, you could be wrong.  We should know in about four or five weeks when they start shipping...if DT keeps to their latest posted delivery dates.  I'm loyal until I have a tangible reason (more than "they're delayed again...") not to be...such as poor quality or performance.  For now, I'm giving DT the benefit of the doubt because the delays, while annoying, aren't as important as final quality, function, reliability, and accuracy.  If they can do well on those four, the delays won't matter.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Then you're more optimistic than me. This time about a year ago I was kicking myself for not initially preordering. Now I'm fairly glad I didn't. They may end up with a nice rifle eventually, but every update from them has been making the rifle worse. I think they promised too much, and are now fully aware of their unrealistic expectations. For reference see the now years of delays, cost increase, weight increase, and dropping of several conversion kits calibers initially touted. Remember when this was in four or five calibers, and SBR/Canadian lengths? Pepperidge farm remembers.
View Quote

Nick Young has stated that the longer barrel lengths and (IIRC) SBR kits will be released later, once they have the 7.62, 5.56, and .300BO out the door.  As far back as this time last year, those were the only three calibers solidly confirmed, all others were ones they were planning or investigating.

The rifle was announced in late 2013, debuted at SHOT 2014, and is now going to be released in early 2017...that's hardly something that DT should be drawn and quartered for when compared to other products in the industry (Masada/ACR and Shrike for two examples).  I'm sure that DT could have released it 12 or 18 months ago and given people the instant gratification they want, but it wouldn't have been a quality product on par with the SRS/HTI series rifles that they're known for.

We'll know soon enough.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not missing the point at all.  For a long time I've said that DT needed to step up their game regarding their communications and that if they weren't positive that something was going to happen then they shouldn't suggest it would or even might.  DT set unreasonable availability date expectations and then kept doubling down on them when they should have backed off and said, "We were a little hasty and we want to make sure this is good to go right out of the gates it's going to take some more time...and no, we're not going to commit to a date or even speculate other than, 'we'll be up front when it's ready and let you know, but not before then'."  

Competition in the marketplace is difficult enough as it is, and allowing your own internal propaganda team continually shoot you in the foot is going to create the exact environment that exists today surrounding the MDR.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#37]
In the future all manufacturers could take note of this mdr debacle and the TNVC wasp fiasco.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
So the OP died waiting for the release and thus couldn't update the Title with correct pricing?
View Quote

I think the statement you want is:
@CowboyWubWub to the white courtesy phone
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#39]
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

— Rudyard Kipling
View Quote

I've seen a LOT of people losing their heads over the MDR and DT's acknowledged communications fiascos. Others like kfeltenberger have not. As you might guess from this poem, I'm choosing to side with those who keep their heads over those who are Chicken Littles or simply spewing poison.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#40]
The MDR is a machine with engineering tradeoffs. I always knew it would be. (It's certainly not a phased plasma rifle, let alone in the 40-watt range.) Though I have generally kept my own counsel here and over at the bullpup forum, I am beyond annoyed by all the sound and fury built on assumptions and taking the most negative spin possible of those engineering tradeoffs. We know about the ergonomics of this system. We know about the exceptional quality of their existing rifles. Some of us (including me) have actually held one of these rifles in our hands, worked the controls, and pulled the trigger. (Unfortunately, far fewer have done so at a range with live ammo. I'm not one of those.) What is known is excellent. While it is possible that the rifle they actually ship could be terrible, they would have to go backwards on all those fronts, or be spectacularly unreliable. (Unlikely, given that they actually fired 6.5 Creedmoor rounds through them at Shot Show 2017 by accident, then continued to use those same rifles without incident.)

In short, all the negativity (except about their lousy communications) has been borrowing trouble that may not even come. If they do release a flying manbearpig, then hey, I'll join in on calling what it is. (And I have done so in areas where they've deserved it.) But the running around screaming like your hair is on fire has been old for years. All it accomplishes is demonstrate who is unworthy of respect because of their lack of stability.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:01:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That's quite possible and you could be right...or, you could be wrong.  We should know in about four or five weeks when they start shipping...if DT keeps to their latest posted delivery dates.  I'm loyal until I have a tangible reason (more than "they're delayed again...") not to be...such as poor quality or performance.  For now, I'm giving DT the benefit of the doubt because the delays, while annoying, aren't as important as final quality, function, reliability, and accuracy.  If they can do well on those four, the delays won't matter.
View Quote

How much ammo do you have with which to beta test the MDR for function, reliability, and accuracy?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:26:24 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nick Young has stated that the longer barrel lengths and (IIRC) SBR kits will be released later, once they have the 7.62, 5.56, and .300BO out the door.  As far back as this time last year, those were the only three calibers solidly confirmed, all others were ones they were planning or investigating.

The rifle was announced in late 2013, debuted at SHOT 2014, and is now going to be released in early 2017...that's hardly something that DT should be drawn and quartered for when compared to other products in the industry (Masada/ACR and Shrike for two examples).  I'm sure that DT could have released it 12 or 18 months ago and given people the instant gratification they want, but it wouldn't have been a quality product on par with the SRS/HTI series rifles that they're known for.

We'll know soon enough.
View Quote

I could have sworn they threw around 7.62x39 and a 6.X cartridge, but this was so long ago now that I may be mistaken. Given that the base rifle has been 'just a couple months from release' for over a year, I'm not holding my breath for SBR variants that have admittedly been put on their back burner. Frankly I'll be surprised if they materialize at all. Lastly, if the MDR mess is being compared favorably against the Masada/Shrike fiasco they've already lost.

I don't really care, I've not given DT one red cent in this, and am certainly not owed anything. That doesn't make this release any less of a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:45:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

How much ammo do you have with which to beta test the MDR for function, reliability, and accuracy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enough for my purposes.  

Next?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 12:52:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I could have sworn they threw around 7.62x39 and a 6.X cartridge, but this was so long ago now that I may be mistaken. Given that the base rifle has been 'just a couple months from release' for over a year, I'm not holding my breath for SBR variants that have admittedly been put on their back burner. Frankly I'll be surprised if they materialize at all. Lastly, if the MDR mess is being compared favorably against the Masada/Shrike fiasco they've already lost.

I don't really care, I've not given DT one red cent in this, and am certainly not owed anything. That doesn't make this release any less of a clusterfuck.
View Quote

IIRC, they mentioned both 6.8SPC and 7.62x39 early on as potential conversions, but even this time last year they had made comments publicly (to me, at least, at the GAOS) that their focus was on 5.56, 7.62x51, and after those were out, 300BO.  Once those were out the door, then they'd look at two others, with the 6.5 Creedmore being one of the favorites and the second still up for discussion.

One thing people seem to forget is that the project's scope changes the longer the project is under development.  Four years ago, 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 were hot calibers because ammo was cheap.  While 7.62x39 is still less expensive, it has gone up in price and the cheap 5.45x39 is fading from memory.  The 6.8SPC was considered up and coming and it seems like interest has plateaued while the 6.5 Creedbore and 300 Blackout, both relatively new cartridges at the time, have become extremely popular.  So, the question becomes, does DT continue to develop caliber conversion kits for calibers that are not as popular, getting scarce, or not gaining popularity instead of focusing their attention on cartridges that are currently the "hot" choices?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:24:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not gonna lie, I forgot I could do that. And I sort of pulled the ripcord on following these when they did it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:30:16 AM EDT
[#46]
I have no issue waiting. Good things come to those who wait. This is the generation where everyone gets to play the beta and even the alpha of brand new games because people can't wait and need it now. In the days of games without internet, they had to get the release right the first time. Due to the MDR being a firearm, they are doing the right and responsible thing by waiting until they iron out all known issues. It's not like they can just roll out an update and fix any shortcomings overnight. I have not shot the MDR, but I have held three different variants of it, and it's everything they've hyped it up to be, including the trigger. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait and all this commotion will be forgotten eventually.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have no issue waiting. Good things come to those who wait. This is the generation where everyone gets to play the beta and even the alpha of brand new games because people can't wait and need it now. In the days of games without internet, they had to get the release right the first time. Due to the MDR being a firearm, they are doing the right and responsible thing by waiting until they iron out all known issues. It's not like they can just roll out an update and fix any shortcomings overnight. I have not shot the MDR, but I have held three different variants of it, and it's everything they've hyped it up to be, including the trigger. I have a feeling it will be worth the wait and all this commotion will be forgotten eventually.
View Quote

You're right. There's nothing wrong with waiting.

But I'm sick and tired of companies blowing their load early and consistently under-delivering (to be determined in this case). It's unreasonable, and frankly stupid, to expect customers to stay in the honeymoon phase for years while they work out the kinks, especially after taking their money. Not to mention the steady and constant stream of new products that ARE ready for prime time, overshadowing whatever incomplete product you showed years ago.

Companies need to keep their peepees in their pants and quit it with thinking a "cool" 3D printed prototype is the step right before full production.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:01:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:But I'm sick and tired of companies blowing their load early and consistently under-delivering (to be determined in this case). It's unreasonable, and frankly stupid, to expect customers to stay in the honeymoon phase for years while they work out the kinks, especially after taking their money. Not to mention the steady and constant stream of new products that ARE ready for prime time, overshadowing whatever incomplete product you showed years ago.
Companies need to keep their peepees in their pants and quit it with thinking a "cool" 3D printed prototype is the step right before full production.
View Quote

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.... they're not blowing their loads early as much as their using Shot Shows as a crowd-funding venue. Just stop calling it Shot Show and start calling Kickstarter: Vegas. They get people all wet between the legs, tell them they're taking pre-orders, and VIOLA!!! they're funded for additional R&D for 2-6 more years, with the occasional promise of "production models will be shipping next month" to keep people in blue balls through the entire process.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:37:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I think you're looking at it the wrong way.... they're not blowing their loads early as much as their using Shot Shows as a crowd-funding venue. Just stop calling it Shot Show and start calling Kickstarter: Vegas. They get people all wet between the legs, tell them they're taking pre-orders, and VIOLA!!! they're funded for additional R&D for 2-6 more years, with the occasional promise of "production models will be shipping next month" to keep people in blue balls through the entire process.
View Quote

You sir are a genius.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well that just clicked and made a lot of sense. Echo, mdr, stg44. I've funded a lot of firearm kickstarters lol
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top