Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Hehe. So predictable.

Just an FYI our local district attorney can and does get criminal convictions on cases very similar to this.

False promises, lies, and straight up theft.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Dear valued customers,
We had some MDR parts come in out of specification which have to been send back for rework. The rework is expected to complete sometime between June 10 and June 23. So yes the MDR shipments are delayed again. We know this is another delay that everyone is tired of hearing about but I promised you that you would have the latest information every month so that is where we are at.

Sincerely

Nicholas Young"
View Quote
So let me get this straight.

They needed to make an announcement ahead of this announcement why again?

With updates this lame and poorly written why in the world do they need to wait for a specified time to drop this information?

Waiting until the 1st to post a message this lame is retarded to say the least.  Particularly when you calculate in the fact that they were supposed to be shipping 1-2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 2:52:46 PM EDT
[#3]
So now the delays don't even come out on time!?  Ejecting, 6.5 creedmoor AR here I come.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So now the delays don't even come out on time!?  Ejecting, 6.5 creedmoor AR here I come.
View Quote
Maybe the packets containing his keystrokes got lost and delayed on their way to Facebook by a third party contractor?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 6:49:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hehe. So predictable.

Just an FYI our local district attorney can and does get criminal convictions on cases very similar to this.

View Quote
Well bully for him.

Show me where the theft is; no one who has a pre-order through DT has been denied a refund.  As for the other, it's a new product and can be explained by over zealous predictions and projections.

Next.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Talked to a local fun store guy and got an interesting tale.  

This is a new store for me, and the guys seem pretty okay.  The topic of the MDR came up and I joked how I'll retire before they have one on their shelves...  and he looked puzzled...  he then turned to another guy and said "I thought we were supposed to be getting one of those in soon, like last week right?"  I giggled and then the other guy replied um, yeah it was held up should be here in a week or so..."  I laughed and said I read the Posts as well.  Again the guy looked confused...  Then thinking that they are either pulling my leg or its an inside joke.  I laughed about how they can't even recieve the rifles as they aren't a "stocking dealer".  

Thats when he said, we got a shipment notice...  and my I looked like I was hit with an idiot stick.  

After a couple more WTFs?  The second guy says to the first, that it's not a rifle for sale that the guy is just doing pics or something for a magazine...

I almost lost my shit...  all this pre-order BS and some random guy was getting one shipped too him?!  Until the whole he''s a reviewer or media person came out. Lol

Not sure this means anything other than their might be a new article out about the MDR or cool guy photos soon.  

FA
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Talked to a local fun store guy and got an interesting tale.  

This is a new store for me, and the guys seem pretty okay.  The topic of the MDR came up and I joked how I'll retire before they have one on their shelves...  and he looked puzzled...  he then turned to another guy and said "I thought we were supposed to be getting one of those in soon, like last week right?"  I giggled and then the other guy replied um, yeah it was held up should be here in a week or so..."  I laughed and said I read the Posts as well.  Again the guy looked confused...  Then thinking that they are either pulling my leg or its an inside joke.  I laughed about how they can't even recieve the rifles as they aren't a "stocking dealer".  

Thats when he said, we got a shipment notice...  and my I looked like I was hit with an idiot stick.  

After a couple more WTFs?  The second guy says to the first, that it's not a rifle for sale that the guy is just doing pics or something for a magazine...

I almost lost my shit...  all this pre-order BS and some random guy was getting one shipped too him?!  Until the whole he''s a reviewer or media person came out. Lol

Not sure this means anything other than their might be a new article out about the MDR or cool guy photos soon.  

FA
View Quote
Meh I wouldn't read anything into it. The MDR has been having articles written about it for years now. There is a video on Military Arms Channel from when DT flew a bunch of gun journalists out to play with their 3D printed prototypes back in December of 2014.

I'm sure it will be out eventually. I'm of the opinion that DT has been full of shit the whole time about how far along they are in development which is why they have the constant "ugh two weeks then ugh if anythings wrong we will tell you." Then they know they will miss the deadline don't do a update and are often then late on the next months update because it would just be another sorry excuse so why rush it? They've been full of it so long they could never admit as much and save face so more dumb excuses. I think in 2016 when they said they were starting production they actually meant pre production prototypes that weren't as handmade as the original prototypes. I think the original deadline for this year is when they started making production model prototypes and the delays now are while they find and squash problems with that. Wild ass guess I'd imagine them shipping October, November this year or early next. If they miss that then I'd lend some credence to the OMG they are going bankrupt speculation instead of taking it as wild speculation.

Of course that's just speculation on my part and I could be wrong. But Occam's razor and their history of being less than honest... well I don't take DT's Lemony MDR Snickets a series of unfortunate updates story at face value.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#8]
This shit reminds me of Black Horse Arsenal.

Anyone remember that one?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well bully for him.

Show me where the theft is; no one who has a pre-order through DT has been denied a refund.  As for the other, it's a new product and can be explained by over zealous predictions and projections.

Next.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hehe. So predictable.

Well bully for him.

Next.
If "his" local district attorney get's criminal convictions for "anything" that DT has done regarding the MDR, than "his" District Attorney must be a corrupt county official who gets convictions through fraudulent evidence, trumped up charges, and untruthful witnesses. I've had a pre-paid order pending for over one year. Maybe Norinco982 can explain to me what theft has occurred, from whom, and by whom. Again, that must be one corrupt District Attorney Norinco982 has or he's a big dumbass for a District Attorney that doesn't understand criminal laws and procedures.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 2:29:01 PM EDT
[#10]
And people were giving me grief back around the middle of this thread when I said this was heading in the direction of the Ares Shrike. The defenders have been whittled down to almost nothing now.

Glad I bought my AUG.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Supporters are def. loosing numbers fast.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Supporters are def. loosing numbers fast.
View Quote
I always enjoy reading your perspective on bpup forum
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#13]
HAHA. Thanks. Many think I bash the MDR (I actually really like the design)...I am really just disappointed with DT's leadership (if you can call it that) by the way they are running this project. DT's behavior that they have shown regarding the MDR project is nothing but a classic case of a failing project when you start to connect the dots.

As a cherry on the top to yesterday's delay announcement, now if you add the MDR in the cart on DT's website...it asks you if you want a $145 torque wrench required for assembly. So indirectly...they have increased the price of the rifle now again by $145. I wonder if they will include those for the people that have preorder at the old price for free or if they will make them purchase it.

Can't make this incompetency up at all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#14]
$145 for a torque wrench? Yikes. You can buy a genuine 3/8" drive Wera torque wrench direct from Germany for under $100 Euro shipped.

My LMT MRP came with a free torque wrench. In the off chance that you would like to buy that same torque wrench from LMT, it's $80 and comes with a torx bit, rail covers, sling, and 2 QD swivels.

$145
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HAHA. Thanks. Many think I bash the MDR (I actually really like the design)...I am really just disappointed with DT's leadership (if you can call it that) by the way they are running this project. DT's behavior that they have shown regarding the MDR project is nothing but a classic case of a failing project when you start to connect the dots.

As a cherry on the top to yesterday's delay announcement, now if you add the MDR in the cart on DT's website...it asks you if you want a $145 torque wrench required for assembly. So indirectly...they have increased the price of the rifle now again by $145. I wonder if they will include those for the people that have preorder at the old price for free or if they will make them purchase it.

Can't make this incompetency up at all.
View Quote
If I remember correctly from a video they did of the plastic case it will ship in it actually comes disassembled and you would need that just to pop the barrel in and make it a functional firearm. That's messed up. That would be like IWI shipping tavors with the barrel out of the action and asking if you wanted the special wrench for the barrel lock when you ordered it. The tavor barrel wrench is only $13 though lol.

Edit: found the video yes it comes dissasembled in its box.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn_Gp2QWss
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
$145 for a torque wrench? Yikes. You can buy a genuine 3/8" drive Wera torque wrench direct from Germany for under $100 Euro shipped.

My LMT MRP came with a free torque wrench. In the off chance that you would like to buy that same torque wrench from LMT, it's $80 and comes with a torx bit, rail covers, sling, and 2 QD swivels.

$145
View Quote
But the DT torque wrench ships 720 days after receipt of payment!  I don't think LMT can touch that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

$145
View Quote
Fix It Stix in a field kit.  Although Fix It Stix doesn't offer a 80 in/lb limiter on their site so they might be special made for DT by Fix It Stix.  They are selling their field kits for $112.

I have a Seekonk fixed 80 in/lb T handle for my SRS, it ran about $100 direct from Seekonk.

Not sure what the big deal is...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Fix It Stix in a field kit.  Although Fix It Stix doesn't offer a 80 in/lb limiter on their site so they might be special made for DT by Fix It Stix.  They are selling their field kits for $112.

I have a Seekonk fixed 80 in/lb T handle for my SRS, it ran about $100 direct from Seekonk.

View Quote
It's more grist for people to complain about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh, just more stuff for Kurt to defend.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck, I bought a $2100 dollar GenII razor, it needs torqued in its rings then the rings need torqued to the rifle.  That's before the $1250 Bighorn action was torqued into the $800 dollar stock.  Guess how many companies ( ie Bighorn, Vortex or XLR) provided a free torque wrench...

You guys are unreal.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:44:03 PM EDT
[#21]
The problem is that this wasn't announced as a requirement until just now (really it wasn't announced but it was in place prior to the bright CEOs announcement yesterday).

If you use a little logic. This is an artificial price increase for the gun. They are saving labor cost from not doing final assembly and proof testing. Saves ammunition from not having to test functionality. The MDR (as well as other DT rifles now) makes it a requirement for the end user to perform final assembly of the MDR while keeping the MSRP the same and making you purchase a $145 part.

I wonder how the warranty will be written now because the liability of final assembly of the rifle falls on the owner/dealer. Wonder what will happen if you use a non-DT approved tq wrench. These are just questions to be had. Just because I am not drinking the DT koolaid, does not mean I am wrong raising questions and voicing concerns.

It is like buying a high end scope and you having to do final assembly on the objective lens with a DIY nitrogen purge kit that you have to use before the scope is functional but it is required you have to spend money to make that happen. It just doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuck, I bought a $2100 dollar GenII razor, it needs torqued in its rings then the rings need torqued to the rifle.  That's before the $1250 Bighorn action was torqued into the $800 dollar stock.  Guess how many companies ( ie Bighorn, Vortex or XLR) provided a free torque wrench...

You guys are unreal.
View Quote
Hey bud.  Thats not the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#23]
It doesn't even come assembled? End user needs a torque wrench for assembly...lol.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You guys are unreal.
View Quote
My AI AT has quick change barrels and came ready to shoot.  Factory built firearms should come ready to shoot.  Your example is a custom rifle and is completely apples to oranges.

The torque wrench for my AI was under $50 and is only needed if/when I go to change barrels which could be 5000+ rounds from now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why should I even bother...you all seem to enjoy jumping to conclusions, so have at it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:56:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Why should I even bother...you all seem to enjoy jumping to conclusions, so have at it.
View Quote
All I want to see is you show us some facts to back up your eternal optimism.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Hey bud.  Thats not the same thing.
View Quote
If you say so...

Duck tape is an option...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:05:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My AI AT has quick change barrels and came ready to shoot.  Factory built firearms should come ready to shoot.  Your example is a custom rifle and is completely apples to oranges.

The torque wrench for my AI was under $50 and is only needed if/when I go to change barrels which could be 5000+ rounds from now.
View Quote
You can go to Euro Optic and get a 80 in/lb Fix It Stix for $36 bucks.  How much did your AT cost again 4k?  No included torque wrench?  Limey bastards...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:26:28 PM EDT
[#29]
^^^AI assembles the rifles from factory COMPLETE and a wrench is only needed if you are doing a barrel change.

The other question as well is how will DT honor warranties since you are the final assembler of the rifle not DT. What if you use an unapproved wrench?

Stop trying to flavor this like its a positive move man. Because it is not. DT did not advertise this as a "kit" where final assembly is required by the end-user.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I'd assume the torque wrench thing is for pulling/replacing barrels. Surely it comes assembled in the first place...right??...
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#31]
-Pictures of the case the rifle will ship in were out about January, rifle broken down.

-Knew for years the barrel change process was going to be on the lines of the SRS barrel change system which requires a torque wrench for consistency.

-If you people are that obtuse, you should run not walk away....  

spare the AI complete rifle BS.  The 308 barrels they come with are sitting in the corner of the safe, just like the 308 barrel my SRS came with.  SAC 6.5 Creedmoor barrel installed.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:13:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'd assume the torque wrench thing is for pulling/replacing barrels. Surely it comes assembled in the first place...right??...
View Quote
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MDn_Gp2QWss

Sounds like the torque wrench just makes it so you can remove and replace the barrel without POI shift. So if you just take it out of the box assemble it and never use the case it came in again its probably not a huge deal. But it stinks of nickle and diming your customers. It reminds me of video games that have the future expanded content already in the original files and latter sell in essence a file that unlocks those as a paid DLC. It's a shitty business practice in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Wouldn't be surprised if that once the MDR comes out, and if it's decent, many of  the haters will be tripping over themselves to get one.

No dog in this fight since I'm not in the market for one, but it's funny how many people say they won't buy for some company because of their practices (Sig, HK, etc.), but then have to be the first to get the latest new thing from said company.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 10:33:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wouldn't be surprised if that once the MDR comes out, and if it's decent, many of  the haters will be tripping over themselves to get one.

No dog in this fight since I'm not in the market for one, but it's funny how many people say they won't buy for some company because of their practices (Sig, HK, etc.), but then have to be the first to get the latest new thing from said company.
View Quote
This whole hater term is ridiculous.

You are slapping a label on those of us calling DT's actions for what they are.

We all want it to succeed, but some of you feel they havent done any wrong.  If it does release in any respectable quantity of course we will buy it, that is afterall why we care about the delays.

I sure wish you guys were college professors.  John Doe got straight "A's" two years ago but recently hasn't turned in a single assignment for the past 4 semesters.

Here's a scenario:

Well rather than hold him accountable for turning into an unaccountable student it makes much more sense that we grade him based off his past performance.  Keep giving him extensions and extensions becase you just know it will be an "A" when he does.  Nevermind the fact that he hasnt been working on any of it and has in fact moved off campus and gotten a girl pregnant.

EtA: Im just showing how that behavior would be in the real world.  Yet so many of you would be okay with that?  I really dont think you would be, so lets take our blinders off and stop worshipping the MDR to the point that we expect no integrity back from DT.  Hopefully it will live up to expectations but at the end of the day it's just going to be another gun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We all want it to succeed, but some of you feel they havent done any wrong.  If it does release in any respectable quantity of course we will buy it, that is afterall why we care about the delays.

I sure wish you guys were college professors.  John Doe got straight "A's" two years ago but recently hasn't turned in a single assignment for the past 4 semesters.

Here's a scenario:

Well rather than hold him accountable for turning into an unaccountable student it makes much more sense that we grade him based off his past performance.  Keep giving him extensions and extensions becase you just know it will be an "A" when he does.  Nevermind the fact that he hasnt been working on any of it and has in fact moved off campus and gotten a girl pregnant.

EtA: Im just showing how that behavior would be in the real world.  Yet so many of you would be okay with that?  I really dont think you would be, so lets take our blinders off and stop worshipping the MDR to the point that we expect no integrity back from DT.  Hopefully it will live up to expectations but at the end of the day it's just going to be another gun.
View Quote
Pretty much this. I'm not hating on the MDR i appreciate that new things take time to develop and engineer. What I dislike is the constant Call of Duty style marketing, poorly written excuses, banning people that cast doubts from their facebook page and the constant (excuse my language here) cock teases of "it'll be released" next month, followed by further delays that they then blame vendors for. This is all after they have posted videos about their state of the art manufacturing facility that they made just for the MDR.

In short i'm excited to see the MDR if/when it comes out. I just find myself staggered how a small company with a good reputation has continually soiled itself and sullied it's own name in the gun industry by not having as clue on how to market itself or treat their potential customer base.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pretty much this. I'm not hating on the MDR i appreciate that new things take time to develop and engineer. What I dislike is the constant Call of Duty style marketing, poorly written excuses, banning people that cast doubts from their facebook page and the constant (excuse my language here) cock teases of "it'll be released" next month, followed by further delays that they then blame vendors for. This is all after they have posted videos about their state of the art manufacturing facility that they made just for the MDR.

In short i'm excited to see the MDR if/when it comes out. I just find myself staggered how a small company with a good reputation has continually soiled itself and sullied it's own name in the gun industry by not having as clue on how to market itself or treat their potential customer base.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a scenario:

Exactly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 3:54:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nobody is "hating" on DT.  They are being honest and calling out DT for their continued mistakes/lies.  This has been going on a long time and DT has not been honest about the issues or specs the whole time.  After taking money for pre-orders, you shouldn't be changing important selling points of the rifle.  You also shouldn't keep giving false timelines and BS excuses month after month.  I joined the group buy based on the reputation of the company, but have realized that was a mistake.  Can they put out a great product?  Sure, but I am no longer willing to ride this out and am trying to get out of the group buy as we speak.  If it turns out to be a good product, I may buy one down the road.  My biggest concern is that they will begin shipping at such a slow rate that many who bought in at the beginning will be waiting indefinitely for their rifle to ship.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#38]
They should just sell the design to Bushmaster....
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
They should just sell the design to Bushmaster....
View Quote
^^^HAHAHAHAHAH^^^^ ACR Project Take 2.....at least ACR is out and Bushmaster is finally releasing barrels for it. Thank goodness. That community needed a boost.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#40]
MDR's ready to ship:

Everything is ready. Just waiting on ejection chutes carriers. Ok, let's see some pictures of everything ready to go.

IWI can do it.

Steyr can do it.

Desert Tech [crickets]...
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Maleante that picture makes me want to add another to my collection!
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:25:02 PM EDT
[#42]
My ship date says 5/31!    lol

I am a little disappointedifferent how they've handle this whole affair.  I'm still waiting tho.

I am not going to be happy if I have to do final assembly of a factory rifle tbh.  I have built a couple rifles and don't mind it.  I just don't want to be the guy that has to call them and say my rifle doesn't work.  I know what the first thing they are going to say is...  "did you torque it to "x lbs"  with the DT wrench?"  Of course I'll say no, I used my wrench...  the question after that is what is their CS is going to say next?  Do I have to send my brand new rifle back to them on my dime for an unknown issue or?  

I don't know.  I also don't like to speculate on something I have no first hand experience with.  I've never owned a DT before, most people say they like them, so I'm going to lean towards give them a chance, wait n see.  Buy I'd be lying if I didn't say I was disappointed by this process and nervous about the rumors

FA
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#43]
I've just been reading along for the last 20 or so pages for the trainwreck.

But, as to the shipping rifles unassembled, well that's something I have input on.

From a tax perspective, they are selling you parts, not a finished manufactured good. As such, the income from it falls into a different tax category (IKEA doesnt do this just for shipping costs). Accountant by day, so this actually makes sense to me.

In fact, if you buy a PWS complete rifle, it comes with the halves split and I'd wager dollars to donuts its as much of a financial decision as a practical one.

Carry on with the fanboi/hater back and forth.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
MDR's ready to ship:

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/18922488_10155216843441259_1067409995703522820_o.jpg?oh=e8a338e5d6e58218d27421460b546c75&oe=59A11BA1

Everything is ready. Just waiting on ejection chutes carriers. Ok, let's see some pictures of everything ready to go.

IWI can do it.

Steyr can do it.

Desert Tech [crickets]...
View Quote
This is a good point. They could easily make folks with outstanding orders feel more at ease. The fact that they're not taking such simple steps raises suspension.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

But, as to the shipping rifles unassembled, well that's something I have input on.

From a tax perspective, they are selling you parts, not a finished manufactured good. As such, the income from it falls into a different tax category (IKEA doesnt do this just for shipping costs). Accountant by day, so this actually makes sense to me.

In fact, if you buy a PWS complete rifle, it comes with the halves split and I'd wager dollars to donuts its as much of a financial decision as a practical one.

View Quote
The rifles are assembled at DT, test fired, and then broken down for shipment; you are not buying "parts" that you have to assemble yourself.  This isn't opinion, it's from a DT employee who is involved with the project and who posted on the BPF.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The rifles are assembled at DT, test fired, and then broken down for shipment; you are not buying "parts" that you have to assemble yourself.  This isn't opinion, it's from a DT employee who is involved with the project and who posted on the BPF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's be real, the truth is probably. I know jack shit about commercial taxes, but if he's right, then yes, they are selling you parts. Even if he's wrong, they are still selling you parts. The fact that they will assemble the rifles and test them and then take them back apart doesn't change that. Especially if it's not a toolless reassembly like an AR upper and lower would be.

That said, I don't think they're doing it out of laziness, I really think they're doing it because they think their compact case is a feature of the rifle so breaking it down and packaging the rifle in the case is a way to show it off.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Let's be real, the truth is probably. I know jack shit about commercial taxes, but if he's right, then yes, they are selling you parts. Even if he's wrong, they are still selling you parts. The fact that they will assemble the rifles and test them and then take them back apart doesn't change that. Especially if it's not a toolless reassembly like an AR upper and lower would be.

That said, I don't think they're doing it out of laziness, I really think they're doing it because they think their compact case is a feature of the rifle so breaking it down and packaging the rifle in the case is a way to show it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's exactly what I was thinking. It is also the explanation that makes the most sense. No firearms manufacturer is going to "fail" to test fire a newly manufactured firearm before shipping. Anyone that believes that they would is .....well, stupid. I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't care if they send my MDR disassembled in a small carry case. If it requires a gunsmith to assemble then, yeah, that's a problem and I'll be hating on DT as well. If I can assemble it without having to read a 200 page armorer's manual, then no.... big.... deal.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 7:06:16 AM EDT
[#48]
All this fuss about theoretical parts being shipped assembled or dissassembled? Sorry I couldn't help myself i just had to chuckle. I'll find a way to get mine together. How about their focus on getting a real ship date before deciding on how to ship their non existent product?
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#49]
I mean, people are complaining because it ships disassembled and DT wants to upcharge $145 for their torque wrench that's required for maintaining zero on disassembly. You know, one of their original selling points. And the rifle gained a pound since SHOT with no explanation. And it's still not shipping.

Everybody is finding everything to complain about because they don't have DT rifles in their hands and they want their MDRs, but DT keeps dropping the ball.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 9:44:12 AM EDT
[#50]
If DT ever actually ships a MDR they will pay the 11% FET tax weather the rifles ships assembled or not.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top