Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2015 5:08:42 PM EDT
Which one are you running and what are your experiences?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I run the surefire suppressor mount brake on mine.

About what you would expect.  Noticeable reduction in muzzle deflection from target, and a good bit more concussion to the sides.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I am running an ALG single chamber never shot one w/o it but seems to work as well as my single chamber on my x40 AR.
http://algdefense.com/single-chamber-brake-scb.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I run a Surefire ProComp.  Very happy with its performance.  I suppose there's more side concussion, but who really notices?
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Played around with a few flash hiders on mine and settled on the Triad

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 7:15:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I just picked up a Miculek since it was cheap and used by Jerry Miculek.  Going to see how it goes tomorrow at the range but it has good reviews.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:28:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Just a quick review if anyone cares, but the Miculek DPMS brake works very well and really makes for some faster followup shots.  I am pleased with it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#7]
YHM QD brake for my can.  The gun is so compact that I really don't seem to have much issue keeping my aimpoint on target for followups.  The suppressed blowback took some doing to minimize but now it's smooth and a pleasure to shoot.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#8]
AAC brake for a M4-2000, I really don't feel a difference between it and a flash hider.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just a quick review if anyone cares, but the Miculek DPMS brake works very well and really makes for some faster followup shots.  I am pleased with it.
View Quote

There is no way I would put that on any bull pup with my face being that close to the muzzle with the concussion that comes from the sides!! Plus its not particularly not attractive

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I an not that concerned about looks as long as it works well.

Regarding the concussion that comes from the sides, I usually stand behind my firearm when I fire it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I am using the single chamber Checkmate Comp from Strike Industries and love it. Some worry about the blast being that close but it's not bad at all.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Back before I sold mine, I was running a PWS FSC556. It had zero recoil or muzzle climb and it was basically an increadibly loud .22lr.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Back before I sold mine, I was running a PWS FSC556. It had zero recoil or muzzle climb and it was basically an increadibly loud .22lr.
View Quote

Just watched a video of a guy shooting a M249 with that brake.  Definitely did a great job!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:24:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Been using a Noveske KX5. Pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Started with a Yankee Hill Machine Phantom Comp/Brake, but ended up with a VG6  Epsilon 556. I didn't have any issues with the muzzle side blast report, but shooting with friends, or near other shooters on the range was impossible. Since that time, I added a Griffin Armament QD Blast Shield, and that makes a world of difference directing the blast forward, and not out the side. There is some loss in the recoil reduction (not much) with the Epsilon 556 with the blast shield on, but when shooting alone I can quickly remove it and most all felt recoil is minimized to nil.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you guys with brakes run double hearing protection?  My muffs get pushed off of my ear enough to break the seal when I lean in for a sight picture.  To run a brake that close to my head, I'd definitely need to put plugs in too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 5:15:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you guys with brakes run double hearing protection?  My muffs get pushed off of my ear enough to break the seal when I lean in for a sight picture.  To run a brake that close to my head, I'd definitely need to put plugs in too.
View Quote

Yeah, I try to wear both, but my plugs seat well in my ears in case of muff movement. If I'm alone on the range and only shooting a few rounds, I do plugs only.
Link Posted: 1/8/2016 7:26:03 PM EDT
[#18]
What about a linear comp to direct the blast down range?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top