Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 12:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Love the new Trijicon MRO too. The optic came with the lower 1/3rd mount but I think I'm going to switch it out for an absolute co-witness ADM mount. Seems a little high to me. Very quiet suppressed.  

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have no intention of buying another KelTec (used to have an RFB), but, I'll give them credit for making the RFB able to accept X Products drum magazines. My RFB physically wouldn't allow the mag well to lock up. It also refused to feed properly without anything but factory FN FAL 20rd magazines. I also hated the cheap, brittle feel of the plastic used on the RFB. Glad to hear you are happy with the RFB.
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no intention of buying another KelTec (used to have an RFB), but, I'll give them credit for making the RFB able to accept X Products drum magazines. My RFB physically wouldn't allow the mag well to lock up. It also refused to feed properly without anything but factory FN FAL 20rd magazines. I also hated the cheap, brittle feel of the plastic used on the RFB. Glad to hear you are happy with the RFB.
View Quote

I am confused.  Are you talking about the RDB, RFB, or both?
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Think you are confused....this review is for the RDB not the RFB.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 3:06:36 PM EDT
[#5]
There is another thread going on but as this is where I started and as some of that discussion seems like it should be in GD I figured i'd post here:

If anyone has any serious questions or analysis they would like me to do on my RDB please ask me. Clearly I can't go skiing with it or mountain climbing (due to where I now live) but i'm game for most other things other than outright destroying the rifle so normal use and wear and tear tests or some adverse condition stuff.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is another thread going on but as this is where I started and as some of that discussion seems like it should be in GD I figured i'd post here:

If anyone has any serious questions or analysis they would like me to do on my RDB please ask me. Clearly I can't go skiing with it or mountain climbing (due to where I now live) but i'm game for most other things other than outright destroying the rifle so normal use and wear and tear tests or some adverse condition stuff.
View Quote

I don't know how hard this would be on your rifle, but would it be possible to see if an obstruction in the ejection chute prevents casings from clearing the rifle? Maybe something like loose mud or a tree branch or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 6:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't know how hard this would be on your rifle, but would it be possible to see if an obstruction in the ejection chute prevents casings from clearing the rifle? Maybe something like loose mud or a tree branch or something like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll see what I can do...I don't think it would be too hard on the rifle worst case it might cause a jam
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't mind seeing slow fire group sizes.
Like taking your time, and really seeing how accurate
this rifle is.  The further, the better.

I would say, try putting as much ammo through it
as you can until you get to like 5k rounds,
and report any hiccups, but this may not be reasonable.

If you want to, you could always try doing a mud or dirt torture
test to see how much dirt, mud or debris it will take before it fails.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 8:44:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wouldn't mind seeing slow fire group sizes.
Like taking your time, and really seeing how accurate
this rifle is.  The further, the better.

I would say, try putting as much ammo through it
as you can until you get to like 5k rounds,
and report any hiccups, but this may not be reasonable.

If you want to, you could always try doing a mud or dirt torture
test to see how much dirt, mud or debris it will take before it fails.
View Quote

I'll be doing a prolonged test before a final review so that will probably be a couple of months with several thousand rounds down the tube. I've got the rifle set up in a way that feels good to me to shoot for groups now. That will be my next range trip and i'll post the results here with pics. I'll also do the steel cased ammo test while i'm there.

I might be able to take it out to 400 yards but that would be my max in my current situation and i don't think it would do much past that anyway. Finally trust me if i have even the slightest issue you guys will know about it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 10:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I dumped 500 rounds through my RDB (200 no-can, 300 canned) straight out of the box , no lube (alot of AR'S would have trouble pulling this off). I did a cursory 100 yard   accuracy test off bags using a 2.5-10 scope. From what I could tell this gun is 1.5 to 2 moa with good ammo. I may be able to get moa or better once I get a solid setup figured out
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:00:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Hello there everyone. I just love my RDB. It has been super reliable not one malfunction as of yet. Great Rifle to say the least.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hello there everyone. I just love my RDB. It has been super reliable not one malfunction as of yet. Great Rifle to say the least.
View Quote

I've been reading up about this pup since first announced couple years ago and still holding out until the bugs are worked out, if any.  With Keltec, there will be bugs given enough time with use.
Spector, Super reliable in what sense?  How many rounds have you shot, and what types of ammo, have you put through your RDB?  If anything, I am interested to see how reliable their barrel/bolt carrier wears with use...
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing that is going to sabotage the RDB is shoddy heat-treat on the barrel/extension or bolt. The design is sound.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Can anyone compare the rDB to the new K&M 556 rifle? I have one but have not shot it yet.

Just checking.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can anyone compare the rDB to the new K&M 556 rifle? I have one but have not shot it yet.

Just checking.
View Quote

If I find someone in NE florida with one I will. I've wanted to picked one up myself but I can't justify it right now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#16]
I only brought it up because it is lighter than the Big Two and has a lighter trigger as well. That, and it needs a forward grip because the horizontal one gets pretty hot, per MAC!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 3:25:15 PM EDT
[#17]
11/22/2015 Update:

Ok so I took the RDB out to the range again today. I've lost count of how many rounds I have through it at this point but just a few more thoughts:

Fit and Finish: The rifle is holding up well although I did notice that the finish on the mag release lever is beginning to wear a little. Not a major issue but still something to note.

Steel Cased Ammo: This one may be a biggy for some of you. Using TulAmmo .223 steel cased ammo I could not get the rifle to reliably function, or indeed function at all without adjusting the gas settings. It should be noted the rifle ships from the factory set to work with 5.56 M855 spec brass cased ammo but it is a pain that if i wanted to shoot steel I have to change the settings. This is easy enough to do but still...it's somewhat annoying.

Reliability: Other than the aforementioned steel cased .223 issue I have still not encountered a single malfunction of any kind with the RDB.

(please discount the furthest right group) this is not a sub MOA rifle I was working on something else at the time.

Accuracy: I shot the same 55gr PMC 5.56 XTAC today along with some 69gr Blackhill's Matchking ammo. I am pleased to say that the rifle is capable of 1" groups at 100 yards. I was routinely getting 1.5" groups but then again i'm not the best shot in the world. It also helped that I put a Harris bipod on the rifle instead of trying to shoot without any support. You will have to forgive my 4 shot groups on some of the pics. My scope mount came loose when I started shooting the matchking ammo and I wasted most of it chasing my zero until I rechecked my scope mount. Stupid I know but I had to work with what ammo I had after that.

A couple more shots of groups. Sorry for the lack of tape measure but they should give you an idea.

My opinions of the rifle are still that it's a good reliable rifle. The steel case issue is a slight knock but I did get it working and i'll continue to test it with steel as I move forward.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:20:59 PM EDT
[#18]
The fact that the RDB won't shoot Steel Cased Ammo right out of the box is not an issue (IMHO) at all.  Tula ammo is known for being under powered and many AR's won't shoot steel cased ammo at all.  I always have to change the gas setting on my AUG, XCR, & MSAR when shooting Tula ammo. The fact that the RDB has an adjustable gas block is a bonus in my book.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Aeneas, thanks for the great review, please keep it going!
This will be the closest I get to one I'm afraid. The only one on GB is now at $1525 with almost three days left.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Hey Aeneas, thanks for the info.

Question.

You say no malfunctions so far. (I don't count the adjustable gas block, because you adjusted it to fit the ammo and it worked.  That means it functioned properly).

What is the round count?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Over 1000 per page two.

Dammitt I want one!
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:47:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey Aeneas, thanks for the info.

Question.

You say no malfunctions so far. (I don't count the adjustable gas block, because you adjusted it to fit the ammo and it worked.  That means it functioned properly).

What is the round count?
View Quote

At this point somewhere around 2000 rounds I'm sure it will fail eventually and it's not like I've done mag dumps or anything super taxing to it so I'm not that surprised
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:52:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
11/22/2015 Update:

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/463CC1AA-57FB-48D5-B9A7-718CF26C183C.jpg~original

Ok so I took the RDB out to the range again today. I've lost count of how many rounds I have through it at this point but just a few more thoughts:

Fit and Finish: The rifle is holding up well although I did notice that the finish on the mag release lever is beginning to wear a little. Not a major issue but still something to note.

Steel Cased Ammo: This one may be a biggy for some of you. Using TulAmmo .223 steel cased ammo I could not get the rifle to reliably function, or indeed function at all without adjusting the gas settings. It should be noted the rifle ships from the factory set to work with 5.56 M855 spec brass cased ammo but it is a pain that if i wanted to shoot steel I have to change the settings. This is easy enough to do but still...it's somewhat annoying.

Reliability: Other than the aforementioned steel cased .223 issue I have still not encountered a single malfunction of any kind with the RDB.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/50A30585-0F80-464C-A5ED-3258D941453D.jpg~original
(please discount the furthest right group) this is not a sub MOA rifle I was working on something else at the time.

Accuracy: I shot the same 55gr PMC 5.56 XTAC today along with some 69gr Blackhill's Matchking ammo. I am pleased to say that the rifle is capable of 1" groups at 100 yards. I was routinely getting 1.5" groups but then again i'm not the best shot in the world. It also helped that I put a Harris bipod on the rifle instead of trying to shoot without any support. You will have to forgive my 4 shot groups on some of the pics. My scope mount came loose when I started shooting the matchking ammo and I wasted most of it chasing my zero until I rechecked my scope mount. Stupid I know but I had to work with what ammo I had after that.

A couple more shots of groups. Sorry for the lack of tape measure but they should give you an idea.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/B47F4867-32CB-4AC5-88BF-3A777218C0BC.jpg~original
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/A6600D8D-C349-49D6-80DB-ACD6C05BDCB6.jpg~original

My opinions of the rifle are still that it's a good reliable rifle. The steel case issue is a slight knock but I did get it working and i'll continue to test it with steel as I move forward.

View Quote

Aneas I tried out a couple of boxes of 69g FGMM. My 1/7 W.O.A barreled AR can do under an MOA on my good days with this ammo. The best i could do with this ammo  in the RDB off bags was 1.5 moa.  64g GDSP was just under and over 2moa and so was AE 50g Varmint tipped. I would agree that this is no MOA  or even less, a sub moa rifle with off the shelf ammo  

I am sure some avid reloader can figure the perfect combo for sub moa out of this rifle...but thats not really the point of the RDB. I think it is plently accurate for its intended purpose, a bit more accurate than my 1/9 twist AUG.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Brutus I think you misunderstood me I'm very happy with the accuracy of the rdb. Any semi auto rifle that can shoot 1" at 100 yards is more than acceptable in my book. The rifle does perform well with M855 spec ammo also so all in all its doing really well. Now if only I could get up to VA and do some running and gunning with it that would be my final test.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:04:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Brutus I think you misunderstood me I'm very happy with the accuracy of the rdb. Any semi auto rifle that can shoot 1" at 100 yards is more than acceptable in my book. The rifle does perform well with M855 spec ammo also so all in all its doing really well. Now if only I could get up to VA and do some running and gunning with it that would be my final test.
View Quote
 i figured you would be, i kinda got the feeling you werent able to get enough rounds down range to get a good feel with the 69g good stuff. I just wanted to let you know i got about the same size groups off bags and I fired off t hree 10 round groups and several more 5-6 round groups with the same general quality of 69g ammo..

About the only thing i find lacking is a good hand guard with a few M-LOK mounting solutions
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 1:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
The Kel Tec rep on thektog.org says only early production RDBs have 1:9 barrels, and that all current and future production RDBs will have 1:7 barrels.

Makes me wonder if all the RDBs released to date are just the first "early production" batch and that Kel Tec is prepping 1:7 barrel RDBs as we speak.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/rdb-questions-answered-264644/
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Kel Tec rep on thektog.org says only early production RDBs have 1:9 barrels, and that all current and future production RDBs will have 1:7 barrels.

Makes me wonder if all the RDBs released to date are just the first "early production" batch and that Kel Tec is prepping 1:7 barrel RDBs as we speak.

View Quote

I'll be interested to see in six months time if this is the case
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#28]
How difficult are jams to clear with this rifle?  Like double-feeds or failures to extract (ie anything more than the old strip mag rack rack reinsert mag rack bang technique)
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
How difficult are jams to clear with this rifle?  Like double-feeds or failures to extract (ie anything more than the old strip mag rack rack reinsert mag rack bang technique)
View Quote

The only "jams" etc I have had is with the steel cased ammo. It was just a question of stripping the mag and running the charging handle hard to the rear and the empty casing ejected out of the bottom of the rifle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:30:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any rifle that will shoot 1" at 100 yards (1 MOA) is capable of winning the National Matches with a perfect score.  All X-rings.  Something that's never been done.    Needless to say, treat all such claims with skepticism.  

-- Chuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any semi auto rifle that can shoot 1" at 100 yards is more than acceptable in my book.
Any rifle that will shoot 1" at 100 yards (1 MOA) is capable of winning the National Matches with a perfect score.  All X-rings.  Something that's never been done.    Needless to say, treat all such claims with skepticism.  

-- Chuck

Capable and consistent are two different things. I shot some 1" groups the other day but I would expect to be getting 1.5"-3" groups from what I could tell. I would agree with you that there is no way I could take this rifle to any match and shoot 1" groups all day.

p.s. I also posted pics of the groups I shot but if you ever want to come down to NE Florida and shoot with me then I would welcome the change of range company over my SO.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Kel Tec rep is saying "I would estimate weeks, not months" on the 1:7 barreled rifles reaching dealers.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:34:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

-- Chuck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Any semi auto rifle that can shoot 1" at 100 yards is more than acceptable in my book.

-- Chuck

There are 1 moa rifles out there... you have to take the human element into account though.  

The biggest weakness the RDB has going against it is the design, which was never intended to win accuracy contests. It has a very light profile barrel with a piston banging around on top of it and while the trihher is  good. It is not a match grade trigger.... plus its on a bullpup frame.  Put the RDB up against  any kind of  quality rack grade AR or other bullpups and its accuracy is just fine if not a cut above average ( this has been my experience with the RDB I own).
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Just a quick update. Did some shooting at steel at 200 yards yesterday. Nothing but just some plinking fun as I had the opportunity to go and use someone else's property, while I still look for my own. Rifle shot as expected and with the 3x9 scope shots at 200 were easy. The main reason I'm posting though is to give some feedback on blocking the ejection port. I fond that with soft debris, pine needles, leaves etc the rifle ejects with enough force to not causes stoppages on the next round. Now obviously if you block the port and shoot 5 rounds then eventually they build up and cause a failure. If you put something like a shooting bag under there I got mixed results. It seems like the rifle will eject and if the casing lands flat and does not bounce back to a vertical position the rifle will usually strip and fire another round. I actually got two off once. However I was able to induce a malfunction by pushing the rifle down hard onto a shooting bag and firing. It looked as though the round ejected and got stuck vertically or somehow bounced back. I don't think any other rifle would really function doing this test though (i.e. blocking the ejection port entirely) but it was requested so I did it. I'll try to repeat the process with snap caps tonight and post pics if I can.

I'd like to take the rifle out to 300-400 yards if possible and see what it can do. It's clearly not a DMR or sniper rifle but I've been quite pleased with the accuracy. So if anyone knows somewhere in NE Florida I can take it to test it I'd like to know. If not i'll just throw a red dot on it and call the accuracy testing done.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok, so I have a question for Aeneas2020 or Brutus2 or any other owners out there
about the RDB since it's been some time since it's come out,
and you have considerable time behind the rifle.

Would you recommend this rifle for "serious" use?  

I have read about the RDBs merits, and it seems to
me to be a serious contender as a serious rifle.

It's lightweight. I would rather hump a lighter rifle over longer distances,
It has good handling characteristics, seems to be reasonably accurate, at least more so
than the Tavor. Reasonably reliable, maybe not Tavor reliable, but more so than many
ARs which are kept for serious use.

I have not handled the RDB, but based on what I've read thus far, I see
no reason why a person wouldn't want to depend their life on this rifle,
even if that means "running to the hills" with it.

What are your thoughts, and can you offer reasons why?
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Aeneas, can you tell me about your Scope. I re read the thread but couldn't find any info. I'm going to have to get a better scope and different mount to use my M17s. After ten rounds my neck is jacked.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ok, so I have a question for Aeneas2020 or Brutus2 or any other owners out there
about the RDB since it's been some time since it's come out,
and you have considerable time behind the rifle.

Would you recommend this rifle for "serious" use?  

I have read about the RDBs merits, and it seems to
me to be a serious contender as a serious rifle.

It's lightweight. I would rather hump a lighter rifle over longer distances,
It has good handling characteristics, seems to be reasonably accurate, at least more so
than the Tavor. Reasonably reliable, maybe not Tavor reliable, but more so than many
ARs which are kept for serious use.

I have not handled the RDB, but based on what I've read thus far, I see
no reason why a person wouldn't want to depend their life on this rifle,
even if that means "running to the hills" with it.

What are your thoughts, and can you offer reasons why?
View Quote

I have no problem relying on this bullpup. I keep it loaded at home for HD , I travel with it to and from work every day. Unless you obstruct the ejection port to where the brass builds up or fill the ejection port with enough debris to fill the reciever so the bolt cannot physically fill the same space....avoid these two things and you will be happy.

My rifle has settled into what I would describe as a 2MOA rifle. With  Luepold 2-7 VXR scope I can make hits out to 300 on a man size torso  pretty consistently.  I don't know if the RDB is "Tavor reliable" but I would say that so far it is "AK reliable " and that is pretty good. I put an Aimpoint PRO on mine after having passed the accuracy assessment stage.  I have no regrets buying this gun and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a reasonably accurate , light,  short, fully ambidextrous rifle that suppresses very well..... if you can get one for $1300 or cheaper , get it
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Aeneas, can you tell me about your Scope. I re read the thread but couldn't find any info. I'm going to have to get a better scope and different mount to use my M17s. After ten rounds my neck is jacked.
Thanks.
View Quote

It's just a Nikon 223 on a half inch black hawk riser. It works perfectly well for what I need and the clarity is decent. For inexpensive options I can also recommend anything by primary arms.

To answer the serious use question. So far the rifle hasn't let me down once but I want to continue putting it through its paces some more, at least until the end of January to make a final decision. It seems as the the rifle is well built and short of blocking the ejection port with mud will keep functioning through anything. My only points of concern would be if it took a real beating you might be able to break off some of the sling loops etc. I don't think it would effect the functioning of the rifle. I'll post a full final post on it here when I'm done.
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:06:56 AM EDT
[#39]
will the upcoming 1:7 barrel improve accuracy?  

wonder if they have plans for a 300B.O. barrel for it?
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#40]
[youtube]https://youtu.be/ybQRUl_iFEA[/youtube]

https://youtu.be/ybQRUl_iFEA
Link Posted: 12/26/2015 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#41]
If Kel Tec could keep up production I would be buying this instead of a Tavor, come Monday.  

I'm not paying over $1300 for this.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 6:34:26 AM EDT
[#42]
And how easy to get and well priced were Tavors the first 3 years they were out ?

Quoted:
If Kel Tec could keep up production I would be buying this instead of a Tavor, come Monday.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm having a hard time deciding between giving RDB a shot (usually like to wait a gen or 2 to iron out bugs)  or an AR pistol.   both would be suppressed.   thinking AR pistol in 300b.o. for sub and supersonic ammo options with a can.     RDB gives you long barrel performance, and is said to also work well with a can.     I wonder if kel tec is going to offer a 300b.o. barrel option?

both would be overall compact setups that work well suppressed, just have a hard time choosing!
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

And how easy to get and well priced were Tavors the first 3 years they were out ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot easier than this....and cheaper than they are now.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I have been looking for a RDB to handle and see if it gives me the warm fuzzy and if it does I will get one. I shoot rifles lefty because I am more comfortable lefty. So lefty friendly is important to me.

When I first saw pictures of the RDB from SHOT 2013??? it didn't register to me.  Between the standard KekTec release schedule , the goofy looking M43, and handling the RFB (Heavy) it just didn't register.
The MAC video made me have more interest and really liked what I saw. The trigger being nice, Safety out of the way when on fire, the rearward downward ejection the lighter weight and a 17" barrel all seems like a really good idea.

Back in Sept. I sold all my AR15 stuff off don't even have 556 ammo. I got bored with it. I needed a new drug. I have pistols and they have always been my passion. Rifles were kinda a science experiment.
Right now I have two Scorpion EVO3's waiting to get out of From 1 jail.  The scorpions are my new drug but the RDB may bring me back to 556 good thing it takes AR mags.

As for the ejection port getting clogged remember that some firearms instructors do not encourage the laying of the AR15 ejection port side down very close to the ground (I think its called urban prone). Due to the fact that empty cases and other junk can get thrown up into the action.  Going prone with the RDB it would take one of the short 5 or 10 round magazine to get the ejection port low enough for it to really block the action.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 8:14:33 AM EDT
[#46]
You won't get the rdb to jam with ejecting brass, at least in my experience. You can't even get it to jam by shoving leaves a little way in. Mud and sand behind the bolt is another issue as would ejecting brass or leaves if they went upwards behind the action. But even if you put the rifle flush to the ground and shot 30 rounds through it there is plenty of room in the ejection chute and it ejects powerfully enough to push the rounds out and to the side.

It could still use a dust cover in my opinion though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You won't get the rdb to jam with ejecting brass, at least in my experience. You can't even get it to jam by shoving leaves a little way in. Mud and sand behind the bolt is another issue as would ejecting brass or leaves if they went upwards behind the action. But even if you put the rifle flush to the ground and shot 30 rounds through it there is plenty of room in the ejection chute and it ejects powerfully enough to push the rounds out and to the side.

It could still use a dust cover in my opinion though.
View Quote

I don't think leaves or grass would do it unless you shoved and packed a good amount into the action behind the bolt. I think that mud test with the inrange guys gave people the wrong idea that the gun is malfunction prone and it's not anymore than the M4 is malfunction prone because it will jam if r7n dry long enough.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Brutus you and I agree on that I haven't found it easy in my testing to jam the rifle the only point I was making is that shooting it prone wouldn't cause a jam even with a flush mag.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:37:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Double tap again, sorry
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/28/2015 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#50]

47:49 The "best" bullpup?? Come on...The RDB has been around for what? 90-120 days, This non sense needs to end!
Most folks keep comparing it to the battle hardened Tavor and I love my Tavor with the Mepro M21 & Geissle Trigger but IMO the AUG is slightly better bullpup and in military service since 78. (been around longer then most here are old )

I will say that I do intend to own an RDB to put side by side with my "Battle Proven" Tavor & AUG A3 M1 but what I am not going to do is take it to the range successfully run a variety of ammo thru it and declare it the "best" bullpup! It will need to earn its title over time by being  adopted at some point by a reputable military or government agency and proving with time tested reliability along with being readily available & strong aftermarket (like the Tavor had out of the gate).  Once again I will be adding one to my collection as soon as they show back up on GB and not with a $1900 But it Now.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top