Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 1:48:57 PM EDT

took everything apart and looks ok to me.

It happened during a competition shoot during the middle of a stage.

Rifle went click, charged next round, click again, charged again, click, drew handgun and finished the course.

Ejected rounds had no primer strike at all.

Bolt seems to into battery but the rest of it doesn't  seem to go all the way forward.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#1]
With the stock removed, but with the barrel installed, can you manually push the carrier assembly into the receiver & confirm the sleeve is free to retract & the bolt fully cams?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe a broken firing pin?

Mine sounded like that but fired first round but failed to eject it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 6:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe a broken firing pin?

Mine sounded like that but fired first round but failed to eject it.
View Quote

My first thought too but he stated everything looked ok so I assume he looked at the firing pin.

How does the bolt sleeve look? Trunion (sp?) intact and fully inserted into the receiver?
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]

I am in the DFW TX area and would be happy to meet up and see if two sets of eyes could diagnose the problem
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty sure my trunion is at fault, it's  pretty deformed.

Will post pics later.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Approximate round count please?
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
HMMM. Maybe you should listen to mean and clean that filthy thing once in a while. Want me to post the pics on here for you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top