Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2015 11:29:26 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with one of these?
If so, what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 6:02:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:08:16 AM EDT
[#2]
wtf?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Tavor?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#4]
OP you may want to look around for the million and one other threads on the tavor. They are almost all extremely positive. For what it's worth i love mine but let me summarize:

1) Rifle feels good in most peoples hands (i.e. ergonomics are good, some people find mag changes different, which they are to say an AR15)
2) Rifle can feel a little rear heavy
3) it is generally considered to be exceptionally reliable
4) The top rail can be hard for some people to get down on to see through red dots etc (i don't have this problem)
5) Decent accuracy
6) Heavy trigger but with a crisp break. There are plenty of after market triggers out there.

If you like bullpups then 99% of people will like this rifle. I love mine and in fact it has become my go to rifle for anything.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#5]

One word AWESOME...

Check the search engine here for additional threads...
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes Travor.... basement, mom, hot pocket.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Got a few for me.... One for each of my kidos....one for the wife.... I love the ak....love the speed of a ar.....and love the styer aug.... As for the Tavor........@&$! Ya......if you like speed, reliablity, in a compact and amazing package for a great price.... Tavor is your baby...they are a amazing piece of kit to add to your tool box of  awesome for all seasons.... Rain or shine, 110 to -40 suppressed or unsuppresed....fully dressed or in your baby suit running threw traffic...this is your rifle.....

Wyoming tested and approved thank you IWI
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I have many ar15's and ak's but the Tavor is the one that puts a smile on my face. I'm running a eotech on mine you will not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 12:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]
The design, manufacture, and ergonomics are fantastic.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I run mine in 9mm and have shot more rounds through it than all of my other guns combined. Aimpoint pro cowitnesses beautifully
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
x95 is looking promising also in the next year or two
Link Posted: 9/25/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have many ar15's and ak's but the Tavor is the one that puts a smile on my face. I'm running a eotech on mine you will not be disappointed.
View Quote

Pretty much the exact same answer for me.   But I'm down to one AK.

Really, really, really liking my Tavor.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Also, 40 round mags work well in the Tavor.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:17:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Mine is the sexiest rifle I own at the moment (working on an AR build).  It is stored as my go to rifle as it functioned flawlessly at the range and has all the required items for a shtf carbine.  I did the redundant spring removal instead of the aftermarket trigger pack and it makes a difference.  I don't know if it is truly justified at the nearly $2000 price point they general are at, but I traded a bunch of stuff I didn't like anymore and a couple hundred for one so I didn't really feel it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 1:58:20 AM EDT
[#15]
I have the 18 inch and it is grand

Pros:

Smaller than my AR
fits in an osprey pack  ( have to hike out to shoot in WA state)
comfortable to shoot
works great with my can ( 762 SDN)
Reloads are just as quick as an AR WITH PRACTICE
Will take a variety of mags and ammo
obviously loves IWI 77GR

long top rail makes mounting optics easy

Easy to up grade trigger -did mine in less than five minutes

Ergos - once you get used to them- make it fast to shoulder and operate as well as carry.

Cons:
sling mounts are QD ( I hate QD)
lights are a bitch to mount unless you buy a new hand guard from Manticore
factory trigger while better than most bull pups feels a bit heavy
you will only want to shoot it all the time

They are less expensive than when they first came out as well, highly recommend it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top