Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2015 6:28:52 PM EDT
From the thread in GD:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1779156_New_Zealand_Army_Selects_LMT_To_Replace_Steyr_AUG.html&page=1

my questions in black; answers in blue by NZ member DaveBNZ:

aren't the F88s made by ADI and not Steyr?  i recall there being issues
initially because ADI used cheaper materials than Steyr and these are
the ones that NZ still has, even though Australia has had updated
versions for a while now The original rifles
received were a mixture - the first tranche was made by Steyr and the
remainder (the bulk of them) made by ADI.  There were some issues with
the initial ADI-made rifles, but that was slightly before my time so
can't comment on what the issues were.  NZ has adopted some of the
Australian updates over the years, but by no means all of them.

were the latest ADI/Thales EF88 versions trialed as well? No, the new ADI EF88 rifle was not offered for the trial, Steyr's latest version was trialled but did not make the top 3.  

what kind of 77gr round is in NZ service?  is it an open-tip match (Mk262) type round (Yes)?

Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:54:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
From the thread in GD:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1779156_New_Zealand_Army_Selects_LMT_To_Replace_Steyr_AUG.html&page=1

my questions in black; answers in blue by NZ member DaveBNZ:

aren't the F88s made by ADI and not Steyr?  i recall there being issues initially because ADI used cheaper materials than Steyr and these are the ones that NZ still has, even though Australia has had updated versions for a while now The original rifles received were a mixture - the first tranche was made by Steyr and the remainder (the bulk of them) made by ADI.  There were some issues with the initial ADI-made rifles, but that was slightly before my time so can't comment on what the issues were.  NZ has adopted some of the Australian updates over the years, but by no means all of them.

were the latest ADI/Thales EF88 versions trialed as well? No, the new ADI EF88 rifle was not offered for the trial, Steyr's latest version was trialled but did not make the top 3.  

what kind of 77gr round is in NZ service?  is it an open-tip match (Mk262) type round (Yes)?
View Quote

Why not?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Good for LMT....
I think it's great to see a (small) American company get the nod for a contract like that.....
especially given some of the names of the competitors....

The NZ Defense Forces were already using the LMT in 7,62. - a version similar to the one British use..

I have read the contract will be a total of 8800 weapons and replacement parts/training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top