User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 9:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone received there mags from FNH yet? I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted.
View Quote

Not yet.  My hope was that once I submitted the form I would completely forget about it until they surprised me in my mailbox one day in the not too distant future.  Thanks for reminding me. Looks like I will have to start the process all over by turning off email updates to this thread.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#2]
You already have a FiveseveN pistol, so it logically follows you'd want the PS90 to match.  Ammo is only sort of scarce, but you won't have a lot of competition acquiring it since not many people shoot that caliber.   What's to lose?
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You already have a FiveseveN pistol, so it logically follows you'd want the PS90 to match.  Ammo is only sort of scarce, but you won't have a lot of competition acquiring it since not many people shoot that caliber.   What's to lose?
View Quote

Pretty much this.

Max
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not yet.  My hope was that once I submitted the form I would completely forget about it until they surprised me in my mailbox one day in the not too distant future.  Thanks for reminding me. Looks like I will have to start the process all over by turning off email updates to this thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone received there mags from FNH yet? I haven't heard anything from them since I submitted.

Well, I just got an email from FNH Marketing regarding the promotion on the free mags.

Hello,

This promotion was valid for commercial models of the PS90 only.  High Plains sold you the Law Enforcement model, which makes it ineligible for the promotion.  They have done this with many people and we are currently working on a solution with them to resolve the issue.  We will be in touch once an agreement has been made.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

-FN Marketing Team
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#5]
For anyone who is still following this thread FNH has posted a reply about the rebate.

Hello,

This promotion was valid for commercial models of the PS90 only.  High Plains sold you the Law Enforcement model, which makes it ineligible for the promotion.  They have done this with many people and we are currently working on a solution with them to resolve the issue.  We will be in touch once an agreement has been made.  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

-FN Marketing Team

Which is a great move by the FN marketing team but they made one crucial mistake. They made all the email addresses Cc rather then Bcc so now all the email addresses are public and I can see everyone else who bought a ps90 from High Plains during this sale. Not happy about that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#6]
and you beat me by 2 minutes in posting nicely done
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 1:41:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For anyone who is still following this thread FNH has posted a reply about the rebate.

Hello,

Thank you,

-FN Marketing Team

Which is a great move by the FN marketing team but they made one crucial mistake. They made all the email addresses Cc rather then Bcc so now all the email addresses are public and I can see everyone else who bought a ps90 from High Plains during this sale. Not happy about that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2015 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
wow.  I was a little bummed that I paid little more from my LGS.  But I did not get that email this morning, so it eases the pain a bit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:15:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I emailed them two nights ago and got that very response from them this morning after sending them a copy of my receipt.  I was actually coming here to post this right now, just got off work.  We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:59:51 AM EDT
[#10]
My mags came in today
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got an update from FNH, my mag rebate has been processed and I should have them in a week or so.  They must've worked something out with HPGS, but it looks like it should end well for the customer
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Weren't PS90's going for around $800-1000 about a half a year ago or so? I'd really like one too but, I'm not paying $1300-1400.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:55:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Weren't PS90's going for around $800-1000 about a half a year ago or so? I'd really like one too but, I'm not paying $1300-1400.
View Quote

NO!

Around a year ago, the price for L.E. was $799.00, L.E. Price is now $1121.00

They were bringing $1,100 - $1,200 on gunbroker.

Just after Sandy Hook, one sold on gunbroker for $6,000
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:07:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Bullpup 5.56 would render superior ballistics in a similar size package.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:12:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Bullpup 5.56 would render superior ballistics in a similar size much larger package with a large mag sticking out of it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bullpup 5.56 would render superior ballistics in a similar size much larger package with a large mag sticking out of it.

THIS!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 5:15:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Hello,

Thank you,

-FN Marketing Team

View Quote

Well, I guess it's a small blessing that they've been stonewalling me, because my email sure was not on that list.  When I asked about my rebate (which I sent in 9 weeks ago), I was told to pound sand.  Not cool.
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 1:18:41 PM EDT
[#18]
My rebate mags arrived today
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine arrived yesterday just got time to post about it :)
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I just picked up my PS90. Liking the balance of the weapon and the weight. One handed shooting is a breeze with it. Recoil is nearly non existent.

What do y'all recommend for a sling and what about tips on mounting a light?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just picked up my PS90. Liking the balance of the weapon and the weight. One handed shooting is a breeze with it. Recoil is nearly non existent.

View Quote

Use THIS mount at the rear of your stock.

Then the BEST (not cheapest!) way to sling the PS90 is to use THIS, the guy selling these developed them for Stargate SG-1 and they are a damn good solution. The sling is built into the vest.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#22]

Here's my $6 PS90 sling, which is about 24" of 550 cord and a GI utility strap I bought at a militaria show for $5. It's quiet, cheap, and quickly removable.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 7:37:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I use the UERT sling.  I have this sling also for the FS2000 and it's extremely well designed.  It's very wide so it distributes the force over a really decent area.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Still waiting on my stamp.  It needs a shorter barrel.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a true story brother.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My SBR PS90 is still the most expensive firearm I own that's pretty much 100% range toy with no real purpose (I don't use it for CC, it isn't my primary home defense rifle, hunting, etc.). In spite of this, I don't regret it a bit.

It is iconic, ridiculously cool, an absolute joy to shoot, girls actually *enjoy* shooting it. It's easily the best toy I have and I have quite a few COD fanboy type guns lol with the right ammo/optic it would actually be a pretty tolerable HD gun given its size, mag capacity, and mild recoil. By caliber, it could also be a pretty workable varmint rifle but that's kind of a stretch from what it's best at. But that's a debate all its own.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Then the BEST (not cheapest!) way to sling the PS90 is to use THIS, the guy selling these developed them for Stargate SG-1 and they are a damn good solution. The sling is built into the vest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think I will be going with those QD mounts. I like simple and works with slings that I already have.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
The FN Magazine promotion was okay, but 3 out of the 5 mags they send you are crappy 30 rounders and only two are the 50 rounders.   You can convert them, but they rarely are as reliable as the springs in the 30 rounder are shorter.   So you have to spend more money on new springs too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The FN Magazine promotion was okay, but 3 out of the 5 mags they send you are crappy 30 rounders and only two are the 50 rounders.   You can convert them, but they rarely are as reliable as the springs in the 30 rounder are shorter.   So you have to spend more money on new springs too.
View Quote

The springs are the same length.  The floorplate has a block that goes inside the spring to prevent the followers from allowing 50 rounds. I have a few thirty's I've converted to 50 rounders.

I've never seen one of the ten round mags, but I understand they also use the same springs.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 1:05:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The springs are the same length.  The floorplate has a block that goes inside the spring to prevent the followers from allowing 50 rounds. I have a few thirty's I've converted to 50 rounders.

I've never seen one of the ten round mags, but I understand they also use the same springs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two of the three mags I received with my PS90 are converted thirty-rounders, and they work just like the factory fifty-round mag. Its previous owner converted the mags himself with a razor saw in around five minutes. So far my PS90 eats everything it's fed without issue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#31]
My SBR PS90 is probably the dumbest gun I own. It's also the funnest gun I own. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I wish I had the extra coin to get one of these. I had one years ago but sold it as funds were tight. I didn't even get to shoot the thing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#33]
From the pistol...

There's 3 kinds of 5-7 ammo grouped here ------as well as the 9mm, a name brand quality HP personal defense round.

The gold circles each contain SS198 or SS195 [grouped together], opposite sides of the plate.

So, what punched thru the plate, circled in red with THHN wire stuck thru, that's about .275" thick and nearly continued thru some diamond plate behind????

[2nd pix, near the word "bend"]

Link Posted: 12/25/2015 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#34]
What are we looking at?
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Got mine yesterday!  Super excited to go try it out this weekend, I've been wanting one of these things for years.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:01:30 PM EDT
[#36]

A fellow Tennesseean borrowing a PS90 from a "Local Native American"..
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Put that together after I watched that and saw this thread, congrats on movie stardom. Unfortunately yours and Hickok's bad influence caused me to bring one of these home today. This thread is a total fail at talking anybody out of anything. This thing looks like it's going to be fun as hell...
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:14:19 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Put that together after I watched that and saw this thread, congrats on movie stardom. Unfortunately yours and Hickok's bad influence caused me to bring one of these home today. This thread is a total fail at talking anybody out of anything. This thing looks like it's going to be fun as hell...
View Quote

If you DON'T want to spend even more money....stay away from fnforum.net

There are all kinds of add on goodies
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:08:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/VRNK5DdI-w4

View Quote

It certainly is a fun gun...

Forrest

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:46:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man Kave being some of those.
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#41]
I just bought one from Highplains GS.  I use it around the farm as my ranch rifle, replaced my 16" AR due to it's compact size and lower weight (for dedicated varmit shooting still use a .22-250 Model 70, day only)...absolutely amazed at the accuracy out to 150yds...solid 1.5 MOA with factory ammo and EOTech HWS.  Fun to shoot.  SBR paperwork in. One real benefit has been the upright vertical profile...makes shooting with ears and NVGs much easier.

v/r

Shaun
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 8:00:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yours?
If so, what mount is that?
Link Posted: 1/7/2016 11:46:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yours?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yours?

Yes. It's the factory mount and sight that was offered a few years ago. According to the markings on the box, my PS90 came with that sight from the factory. Both are still available from C-More but aren't factory marked anymore.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 2:15:10 AM EDT
[#44]
I've had one for a little over three years now and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Unfortunately the ammunition is a bit high priced although I have found That PSA has a decent sale going on right now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top