Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2015 6:28:09 AM EDT
Thinking of selling  my never shot Gebirgsjager Limited Edition (500) rifle (complete with pelican case, matching serial number knife, etc. ) to help fund a motorcycle purchase.  Does anyone have any idea what these are worth these days.  I would like to keep it since it has the stainless internals and is a pretty interesting package but the bike urge has hit me bad.  Thanks
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably worth less since you can buy AUGs again.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. You're going to have to sell is at a pretty big discount since new Steyr AUGs can be had for around $1500, with a warranty and factory support.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. You're going to have to sell is at a pretty big discount since new Steyr AUGs can be had for around $1500, with a warranty and factory support.

AJ
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AJ

It was a nice rig at 1500 when AUG was banned.
FN bullpup is lighter and does not leave brass around.
I understand they used to clean up at final competition at Gunsight carbine courses but I called some years back and they reflected there wasn't such an advantage anymore when using good M4 variant set up with fast optics.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Look at the same thing sitting on GB.
I have an OD green with both stocks and so far I've been offered a '91 explorer and I think a hunting rifle.

Sorry to say you're going to need some OT for your bike purchase.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep it.  Shoot it.  Enjoy it (hopefully).

AUG A3 were clearanced out at $1200-ish recently.  BNIB A3 M1 w/3X can be had for $2K.

Unfired MSAR just means "I haven't found out what's wrong with it yet" so even with the shwag I think you'd be lucky to get $1K, unless you wait a couple three years for the one guy who's looking for one to come along.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 11:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Keep it.  Shoot it.  Enjoy it (hopefully).

AUG A3 were clearanced out at $1200-ish recently.  BNIB A3 M1 w/3X can be had for $2K.

Unfired MSAR just means "I haven't found out what's wrong with it yet" so even with the shwag I think you'd be lucky to get $1K, unless you wait a couple three years for the one guy who's looking for one to come along.
View Quote

Or another MSAR owner that needs parts.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Your "internals" are stainless steel but so are all the other MSAR's, your internals are hard chromed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:25:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Fire_Fight... should have thought about it a little bit before posting .  Sounds like I'll probably be holding on to it.  Thanks for the advice everyone.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be holding onto mine as well, but not by choice. I had a guy interested but I'm not going traipsing off somewhere unknown to me to do an FTF with an unknown party for almost $2K.

The kids are back in school next week so I'll be hitting the range soon enough with it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks Fire_Fight... should have thought about it a little bit before posting .  Sounds like I'll probably be holding on to it.  Thanks for the advice everyone.
View Quote

I'd wait until elections as everyone above me is right about having to discount it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:50:08 PM EDT
[#11]
OP,

I have a buyer for mine. He talked me down $200 because I am firm on where I meet up.
I took it to the range today and broke the extractor but he still wants it, assuming RatWorx can get me another one.

There are buyers out there but you have to be creative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top