Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2015 8:58:41 PM EDT
Just wanted to give Aaron at Ratworx some props.  Broke my extractor yesterday and was worried I have a big green paperweight. Always has great service since I bought my rifle from them 6 years ago. He had a new one on the way to me 30 minutes after I called them. And said if I have a problem installing it give him a call back to talk me through it. Will be getting the hybrid bolt when they start making those again.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:18:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They've always been good to me!
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Chris is good, too, but Aaron is who I dealt with last and is fantastic as previously mentioned.
Glad to hear they are making some parts again!
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
big thumbs up for Ratworx customer service. i had an early version of their hybrid left hand msar bolt that would not  work in my rifle, and they fixed it right away for me.  sent me a shirt, too.  great peeps!
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully I'll have the same good luck with Aaron that you did.
I was supposed to transfer mine this Tuesday so I took it to the range to try out the e4 stock since I'd never run it.
First shot popped a clay. No second shot; stuck case. Failed to extract case. No extractor!
New owner said cool. Let me know when you fix it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Two extractors coming my way and my Msar will be going to a new home soon!
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Failed to extract case. No extractor!
View Quote

Had the rifle previously contained an extractor?
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Well yeah.
The previous/original had about 3000 rounds through her and I put less than 100, many of them wolf. The last time shooting we had a case fail to extract. I was thinking gas issue so I cleaned the gas port(filthy)then called it good.

I was due to sell it today so I took it to the range to try out the e4 stock since I'd never used it. First round was dead on, just wouldn't extract. I looked at it at the range and thought it might be the extractor. I wrote the buyer and he said fix it and he would still buy it.

I called Aaron at Ratworx and ordered two extractors.

The extractor is very similar to an AR extractor but not interchangeable.

eta
I should have said the LIP on the extractor was gone. I have heard the problem with steel cased ammo is extractor damage when the bolt slams into the case stripping the round out of the mag.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I suspect the extractor doesn't know what metal the case is made out of. It's not like the extractor is bending or pushing the case out of the way as the bolt locks up.

I've got about a thousand rounds of steel Tula and Brown Bear through the AUG with no function problems or broken parts. I suspect it's the extractor manufacturing, not the ammo.

I hope your replacement works better.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:10:05 PM EDT
[#9]
An aug is a whole lot better than the Msar in metallurgy(don't ask me to say it!).
I've always heard that steel cased ammo is hell on extractors. There was much pushback from the XD crowd because SA wouldn't  let them replace their own extractors. In that, SA would sell the part. You have to return it to SA to have it replaced.

I reload all my pistol ammo and most of my rifle ammo.
I will blow through my commie stash in my ARs. And I will be picking up some more extractors at the next gunshow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top