BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:17:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
actually, this is making me think about getting a Beretta storm carbine made to work w/ breretta 92 mags.  Probalbl as close to a light bull pup locked breech 9mm as we are ever going to get...
View Quote

These are really fun guns and I highly recommend you snag one if the opportunity ever presents itself!  

SIG proved with the MPX that gas-operation is possible, but they blew one of the big attractions IMO which is clean operation.  Dang MPX is dirtier than my blowbacks
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  These are really fun guns and I highly recommend you snag one if the opportunity ever presents itself!  

SIG proved with the MPX that gas-operation is possible, but they blew one of the big attractions IMO which is clean operation.  Dang MPX is dirtier than my blowbacks
View Quote

That may have more to do w/ the powder used your ammo.  That was already commented on by the builders of .45" DI carbines - 9x19mm commercial ammo is dirty.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I dunno if gen3 is super important, but I can confirm that I've never heard of a chassis setup running 100% on a semi-compact or compact frame Glock... guessing it's because the ejection port isn't positioned quite right.
View Quote

what about on a full size Glock, or particularly a 17?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I've always wondered about that. I've never handled and ENDO glock but it would definitely be odd to have both your hands gripping in the same spot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah, I have one of htose endo tac stocks. I'm not crazy about it.  It is solid but w/ the G21 I find myself wishing I had somewher out front to hold the muzzle down with my off hand.

Think I am going to order the KPOS enclosure. a few on htere have them and swear by their reliability.  I hear the trick is to use full size frames and to use gen 3 glocks.

I've always wondered about that. I've never handled and ENDO glock but it would definitely be odd to have both your hands gripping in the same spot.

I might be better w/ the 9mm.  I dunno as I don't have a tax stamp for hte 9, but w/ the 45 I really wish it had a steel frame w/ a rail I could put a VGF on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:42:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

These are really fun guns and I highly recommend you snag one if the opportunity ever presents itself!  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
actually, this is making me think about getting a Beretta storm carbine made to work w/ breretta 92 mags.  Probalbl as close to a light bull pup locked breech 9mm as we are ever going to get...

BTW, i realize now that the storm is just a straignt blowback operation.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That may have more to do w/ the powder used your ammo.  That was already commented on by the builders of .45" DI carbines - 9x19mm commercial ammo is dirty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  These are really fun guns and I highly recommend you snag one if the opportunity ever presents itself!  

its called the stoner gas system.

yes, the guys that make 9mm gas operated AR carbines note that when you run WWB ammo or similar it is very dirty, more so than in other hcamberings for some reason.  I suppose high quality defensive ammo is different, I hope.  I assume the MPX has a piston over hte barrel?  Even if you have a setup like that, lots of smudge comes back from the chamber I guess.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yes, the guys that make 9mm gas operated AR carbines note that when you run WWB ammo or similar it is very dirty, more so than in other hcamberings for some reason.  I suppose high quality defensive ammo is different, I hope.  I assume the MPX has a piston over hte barrel?  Even if you have a setup like that, lots of smudge comes back from the chamber I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't repeat the debate and all the details from the MPX thread, but I did exact same # of rounds of the exact same factory ammo in both a blowback 9mm AR and an MPX (short stroke piston design) and the MPX is significantly dirtier at the end of the day.  The point isn't a 9mm dirtier than a .223 it's that SIG's piston 9mm is dirtier than blowback 9mms.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:07:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Which is why I still believe that roller-locked is king of the operating systems for a 9mm carbine.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top