hammer pack
buttpad
sling pin

Some other things you should buy:

red takedown tool
more magazines
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
How much would that cost, assuming the parts are available?
Thanks maleante.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 1:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
About $200 plus a receiver, whatever receivers are selling for if you can find one...

Two or three weeks ago new A3's were selling for 1400. Would have been a good time to pick up a receiver and a "parts kit".

After the 9mm kits came in Pete was able to get some bare receivers, haven't seen any since then. But he would be the person to call.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks maleante
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
About $200 plus a receiver, whatever receivers are selling for if you can find one...

Two or three weeks ago new A3's were selling for 1400. Would have been a good time to pick up a receiver and a "parts kit".

After the 9mm kits came in Pete was able to get some bare receivers, haven't seen any since then. But he would be the person to call.
View Quote

$200? The 9mm AUG conversion kits I was seeing were closer to $1500 when they were available.

Edit: Ah, you meant for the extra stuff not included in the kit, apparently?
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
9mm barrel
9mm bolt
9mm stock
9mm magazine adapter
9mm magazine
View Quote

While I hate to argue with maleante on anything AUG related, I must respectfully point out that he overlooked one big component of the 9mm kit....

"A metric sh!t ton of FUN!"

Link Posted: 7/12/2015 8:10:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks guys.
I've been perusing the rifle parts section of the EE after seeing someone sold a manticore buttpad for the Tavor for $55 shipped.
I noticed there are some aug parts for sale on our EE so I began to think about building a complete 9mm rifle but in case you're wondering I do have a conversion kit for 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I noticed there are some aug parts for sale on our EE so I began to think about building a complete 9mm rifle
View Quote

Yeah, I got sucked into that too  Wasn't long before the kit became a rifle .... oopsies
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:28:45 PM EDT
[#10]
How did you go about doing this? We're complete rifles ever offered?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How did you go about doing this? We're complete rifles ever offered?
View Quote

Found an AUG I liked, bought it, pulled off almost all the parts and put them in a box, put on the 9mm kit, put in a 2020 HTM and the misc bits missing from the kit and SHAZAM!

Yes, there were factory 9mm AUGs, I've seen a bare handful ever offered for public sale - at prices exceeding that of AUG + Gen6 kit!

There are occasionally bare receivers offered for sale.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I actually have a new A3 receiver if you are interested.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Those kits are a lot of fun for plinking.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:33:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Pete has one kit left, $1499.

They've..finally...sold out.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

So ridiculous.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 8:36:24 AM EDT
[#16]
You think 1500 is bad, wait 5 years from now when a used beat up kit gets $4000.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:45:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So ridiculous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So ridiculous.

Actually they are completely sold out as of now. That last kit sold a few days ago. Guy on another board I frequent bought it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#18]
RatWorx is sold out as well.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You think 1500 is bad, wait 5 years from now when a used beat up kit gets $4000.
View Quote

Heard they were banned, next we'll here never to be made again. There will be a few year absence to fuel the hype and then Stery will produce them in Alabama.  Great marketing but the ole buy it now or never have it again game gets old.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
RatWorx is sold out as well.
View Quote

I saw they had one a few days ago.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 3:07:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Heard they were banned, next we'll here never to be made again. There will be a few year absence to fuel the hype and then Stery will produce them in Alabama.  Great marketing but the ole buy it now or never have it again game gets old.
View Quote

It took 1 year and 8 months to sell 400 9mm kits. I doubt Steyr is willing to go to the trouble it takes to bring back a US made 9mm kit when only 20 kits sold on average per month.
If someone is willing to take that bet, fine. I though, am not willing to take that chance considering the price and availability of prior 9mm kits/guns.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Specifically the barrels were banned; everything else is ok to import.

Perhaps someone could start producing 9mm barrels here, but all the other parts would still need to be imported, and ATF could fart out another restriction, like banning the stock from import, and that would kill it.

So no more 9mm kits, period...at least under this administration.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ummm, yeah, like Steyr hasn't been repeatedly hosed by .gov?  Ever hear of the USR?  

Steyr: "We spent a crap-load of money engineering stuff to obey all your stupid rules, now here's this new gun."
FBC: "Fvck you! Banned that one too!"
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm so glad I got one when they first released them. My aug is now permanently 9mm. It's just too much fun. I would like a m1 receiver to put my 5.56 parts on though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#25]
I was so close ....really I was but wife unit said....sell the Lage and the m11 and you can get the 9mm AUG. I said forget it.

Birthday money spend....

I am in Europe and I see the 9mm magazines here and there in the shops in Austria but end of the day.

why so expensive.

Glad some of you guys have it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Dang...Was finally contemplating blowing the$ on the 9mm kit, too. Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:38:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Did Ratworx sell their last one?
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:38:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw "candu" (ratworx) had listed one on gunbroker this week. It's gone now. Whoever bought it is feeling lucky.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 3:33:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yes, they have been out of them for at least a week or three.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they have been out of them for at least a week or three.

someone should tell them to stop bumping their ad then

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_47/1330857_WTS__Steyr_AUG_A3_9mm_Conversion_kit_Threaded_and_Non_Threaded_Available__NO_LONGER_BEING_IMPORTED__.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#31]
This is what I based my question on.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top