Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 8:23:48 PM EDT
A new show on SyFy called Killjoys has the characters using Tavors!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3952222/?ref_=rvi_tt

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:48:37 PM EDT
[#1]
By the sling attachment which is similar to Canadian import model, barrel and rear sight these are Airsoft or highly modified Tavors to achieve the look desired for the show.  The rear sight reminds me of an IDF model but with some kind of modified rail in place of the Meprolight M-21.   Strange that no magazines are pictured inserted in any of these pictures.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Without seeing how the rifles are operated in the series (do they actually cycle and eject empty brass from blanks), I too would guess that they are airsoft (Ares brand by the look of them).  There is some kind of magazine in the mag well, it is just almost flush.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to the show website and watched a clip, not my style of intertainment but the rifles don't appear to fire conventional ammunition.  In the clip I watched two actors were shot with something similar to a Taser rifle and knocked unconscious.  I never saw where they fired the Tavor looking weapon.  I doubt I'll watch anymore episodes enough to find out more about tne weapon.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By the sling attachment which is similar to Canadian import model, barrel and rear sight these are Airsoft or highly modified Tavors to achieve the look desired for the show.  The rear sight reminds me of an IDF model but with some kind of modified rail in place of the Meprolight M-21.   Strange that no magazines are pictured inserted in any of these pictures.
View Quote

I think I see 10 or 5 round mags being used. Mag is almost flush with the magwell?

Are they being portrayed as firearms or some kind of plasma laser rifle in the 40 watt range?
Link Posted: 7/5/2015 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Tonight's "Last Ship" on TNT had an AUG and a Tavor X95 used by good guys on the show.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Airsoft is the only place that i have seen the swing up rear sight, looks just like mine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top