Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2015 8:33:15 PM EDT
Link

To quote - from Henderson Defense who run a full-auto range in Vegas, and regularly have rifles shooting well over 100,000 rounds (mostly M4's, etc.).  They do have some AUG's, and when asked how those stack up: not so bad.  1 broken bolt, extractor, firing pin springs (which is weird, as I figure those are optional anyway), and a few firing pins.  Aside from the bolt itself, most of those parts are in the spare parts kits they sell for AUG's.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I shared some emails with V/R  Ron  from Henderson Defense,      very informative , very knowledgeable  ,   place is very pro employee's  health,  

Thanks  Ron.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I put around 60,000(I lost count around 45,000) through my MSAR E-4 and had a broken cam pin at around 10,000(I replaced the entire bolt with a new silver one at this point) and a worn and bent firing pin at around 35,000. I never had a failure to fire that wasn't magazine or ammo related. The MSAR mags were shit, replaced with PMags and no issues were ever had with them.What was worrying me was the rifling and carrier springs were about shot out. Most of the helicoils in the stock shit out and were unusable spinners after a few years. I regretfully sold that rifle(it was ready for an overhaul by that point) and bought a new Steyr M1. I have about 9,000 through it with no breakage so far.

I still miss the MSAR
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:30:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Was/is the  msar still usable/fixable? BTW, that's a hell of a lot of rounds; are you secretly a rental range?

eta
I'm just jealous as hell. I used to have time to shoot that much!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was/is the  msar still usable/fixable? BTW, that's a hell of a lot of rounds; are you secretly a rental range?

eta
View Quote

I would shoot about 1500-3000rds per month at the range that was halfway between work and home. I got a few nice deals on ammo over the years and would buy 2 cases every month. Sometimes M193, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Wolf, 855, some reloads, etc. I never really did matches with the MSAR, just blasting on the range.

The MSAR was still working fine, but I think the barrel was almost shot out. The groups were opening up and I would get some keyholes at 300yds. The carrier springs were pretty soft by then too.  The guy I sold it to rarely shoots it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:53:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I would shoot about 1500-3000rds per month at the range that was halfway between work and home. I got a few nice deals on ammo over the years and would buy 2 cases every month. Sometimes M193, Brown Bear, Silver Bear, Wolf, 855, some reloads, etc. I never really did matches with the MSAR, just blasting on the range.

The MSAR was still working fine, but I think the barrel was almost shot out. The groups were opening up and I would get some keyholes at 300yds. The carrier springs were pretty soft by then too.  The guy I sold it to rarely shoots it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta

New BBL's aren't cheap, but are off-the-shelf and easy to replace.  Same for stocks, which have the carrier springs.  That said, probably right choice to just sell it and go AUG, who is more likely to have those parts available 10 years from now than MSAR.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:34:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

New BBL's aren't cheap, but are off-the-shelf and easy to replace.  Same for stocks, which have the carrier springs.  That said, probably right choice to just sell it and go AUG, who is more likely to have those parts available 10 years from now than MSAR.
View Quote

Stocks don't have the return springs. The springs are in the carrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top