Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2015 6:15:37 PM EDT
Was trying to find a regular back pack for the tavor. I have not come across one big enough has anyone else.?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
UTG makes a backpack case that I have been tempted by. If it wasn't UTG I would have probably already got one.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 7:39:16 PM EDT
[#2]
By regular backpack do you mean a "regular" backpack i.e. one designed for hiking etc? I use my Lowe Alpine one that i used for all my travels to carry it around in and it works great.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:18:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

UTG makes a backpack case that I have been tempted by. If it wasn't UTG I would have probably already got one.
View Quote
I've got one.  It's surprisingly well made, and can hold a Tavor or a broken down AR.

Link Posted: 6/22/2015 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got one.  It's surprisingly well made, and can hold a Tavor or a broken down AR.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the general consensus. I need to just suck it up and order one.

What are the chances of it holding a Tavor with an Acog and piggybacked rmr?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:06:48 PM EDT
[#5]

UTG is not bad...not the best, but not that bad.

I recently saw a Comdow Tactical bag that would work...

I am more interested in a bag - that does not say "Gun-bag"
My $20 Walmart  double racket, Spalding racket case,has worked pretty well to day...
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 11:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Eberlestock Cherry Bomb or Secret Weapon

It's not cheap.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 8:27:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me get back home and look, but I think it should do just fine.  I know it works with a Meprolight Tru-Dot.  The case is "tall" in the inside.  My A1 clone is sitting in it broken down at the moment, as it was the only way to really get an AR pattern in the apartment without attracting undue attention.

But I'll try to take a look today or tomorrow and give you a guesstimate.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:30:53 PM EDT
[#8]
tag
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#9]
A medium to large camera tripod bag with the words "Velbon" emblazoned on it provides pretty good cover.  There are also backpack style packs designed for serious outdoor photography shaped for larger tripods that will work excellently and are really designed for humping a tripod...or rifle...over rough terrain for long distances.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out the various offerings by Mystery Ranch.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:40:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I really wanted  a regular looking back pack but I settled on the Explorer Tactical Gun Case, 28 x 11 x 6.5-Inch, Black. Should fit the tavor nice.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Check out the various offerings by Mystery Ranch.
View Quote

Dayum!! Nothing cheap about those.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Agree that it's surprisingly well made. I haven't torture tested it or anything. I rolled the dice and so far it "appears" to be as good as bags I've paid more for. Well thought out unique bag that doesn't scream gun case when you see it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This. Agree that it's surprisingly well made. I haven't torture tested it or anything. I rolled the dice and so far it "appears" to be as good as bags I've paid more for. Well thought out unique bag that doesn't scream gun case when you see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have that UTG "Covert" or some such name for the Tavor and AUG...doesn't really look that covert to me.  However, the bag is extremely well made, and at the pricepoint it's great.  It's also deep enough for the height of a Tavor and optic.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could someone please link this backpack/case.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:31:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Works for the Tavor just fine, has some internal velcro straps to help hold the rifle in place.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#17]
5.11 covrt m4 bag  this is what utg copied

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/UTG-Covert-Rifle-Bag.jpg

Works for the Tavor just fine, has some internal velcro straps to help hold the rifle in place.
View Quote
That's the one!

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#19]
The IWI Tavor case comes with padded backpack straps.  Just take off the included logo patch and no one will know it's a firearm...
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 5:28:15 PM EDT
[#20]
That IWI case looks great and functional.  It definitely addresses the "tall" aspect of the Tavor.  A couple of good bags that fit my Steyr with a scope wouldn't really fit my Tavor with an Eotech on it due to the combined height.  The UTG Covert bag does and has a shape similar to that IWI.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/UTG-Covert-Rifle-Bag.jpg

View Quote

I second this.  The velcro does a great job and there's enough room in it for "cover items" to ensure that its not seen from a quick peek.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#22]

I like the IWI bag
The one I saw also had a compartment specifically designed to store the 9mm conversion assemblies.

Link Posted: 7/20/2015 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#23]
I have one of these and the 16" fits perfectly. The two side pockets each fit three 30rd magazines.

http://www.amazon.com/TETON-Sports-Scout3400-Internal-Backpack/dp/B00AE31RJQ

AE
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#24]

This is how i configured the bag I purchased. I plan on getting a few more tacos to place in this.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 11:31:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Sneaky bags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top