Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2015 1:34:35 AM EDT
Has anyone run night vision on bullpup rifles?  Many years ago when i had an MSAR, i could not run an eotech with PVS14 piggybacked because the gas port flash would blind the night vision.  Does the Tavor have this problem?
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 3:13:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone run night vision on bullpup rifles?  Many years ago when i had an MSAR, i could not run an eotech with PVS14 piggybacked because the gas port flash would blind the night vision.  Does the Tavor have this problem?
View Quote

What are you using? I don;'t have any issues with my PVS14 and my Tavor, but.. it also doesn't really have gas port flash, and my PVS is autogated, so things like muzzle flash don't do anything.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 10:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
At the time i was running a 3rd gen PVS14 behind an eotech.  The flash from the gas port would shut down the night vision just about every shot.
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Comparing the same circumstances with night vision and the AUG and Tavor side by side...
The Tavor being a long stroke gas piston operated rifle - would not have the same issue as the short stroke AUG.

Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:02:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At the time i was running a 3rd gen PVS14 behind an eotech.  The flash from the gas port would shut down the night vision just about every shot.
View Quote

Would this be an issue if the gas port was set to single shot mode...?
I have been gathering the pieces to use a PVS on my MSAR and this has me wondering now that its not going to work out...damn.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 11:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
interested.  thinking bout getting an aug or a tavor aand nv compatibility would be a must
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
interested.  thinking bout getting an aug or a tavor aand nv compatibility would be a must
View Quote

A suppressed Tavor with an IR laser, thermal, and NVD on the head is indeed fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

A suppressed Tavor with an IR laser, thermal, and NVD on the head is indeed fantastic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so a TAVOR doesnt' vent gas like that?   I have an autogated pvs14 anyway so maybe it doesn't matter.

BTW, is the TAVOR ejector fixed in the receiver like an AK 47 or a bolt face sprung plunger style?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top