Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2015 6:01:29 PM EDT
Well took the tavor to the range and forgot my sight adjustment tool for the irons. I always set the irons before I mount a optic. I have a Mepro 21 to put on it. I only put 20 rnds through it today.. I couldn't find the paper. But finally saw I was center but really high at 100 yds. I will get her back out there again soon.  Haven't shot it enough to give my opinion on it. Which my opinion means nothing . But I did hate the trigger. I have an AUG and it's factory . The trigger is alot better. Im not one to normally complain about triggers. I actually don't like a light trigger in a run and gun rifle. But this SOB was heavvvvvvyyyyy. Will it get any better ? I find I want a foregrip on it also.. I just need more time with her..... Thought Id share , Wardawg
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 6:57:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Trigger pull will get a bit better with use. But one of the real perks of the Tavor is the ease in obtaining an aftermarket trigger pack, and you can pick up something like a Geissele which is lightyears better than other bullpups on the market. You do get used to the heavy pull though. It's heavy (only a few oz different than the AUG actually), but it's not a terrible trigger in terms of break and reset.

My M21 was almost dead on without even making adjustments when I put it on mine.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can lighten up the factory trigger by removing the "extra" spring, or (as stated above) replace the factory trigger with an after-market trigger (Geiselle, Shooting Sight, etc.).
A factory trigger mod will drop you down from about 11l bs to about 8 lbs. Going with an after-market will drop you down from about 11 lbs to about 5 lbs, give or take.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:35:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Give it time, you will love the Tavor, the sight setup was tricky for me also.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember the IDF wanted a heavy re-set trigger for the sandy conditions they operate in. I removed the extra trigger spring, cheaper option than a new trigger pack.  At 300 yards it hits the steel all day long. I got a after market curved butt pad, added a eotech and a m4-2000 can. By far my most favorite rifle to shoot. My ARs are quickly becoming safe queens.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I've put a mag or two through my new to me Tavor and the sights were on for clays at 20 or so yards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xdmikey:

I've put a mag or two through my new to me Tavor and the sights were on for clays at 20 or so yards.
View Quote
Which is why it would shoot really high for OP at 100 yards

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#7]

As the others mentioned just remove the secondary sear spring .....
If you go to the Military Arms Channel on YouTube there is a step by step guide.
It is also not a permenant modification, should you want to change it back

I agree though the trigger on my AUG seems nicer but one of the things I do like about the Tavor...

1. Trigger components are steel
2. The trigger actually pivots like a trigger....not a button
3. The Tavor trigger action actually pulls on the sear rather than pushing it, like the AUG
4. Replacement costs of a Tavor trigger back are about half as much as an AUG trigger pack

"All that's necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing.” -Edmund Burke.
(British Statesman and Philosopher, 1729-1797)
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well took the tavor to the range and forgot my sight adjustment tool for the irons. I always set the irons before I mount a optic. I have a Mepro 21 to put on it. I only put 20 rnds through it today.. I couldn't find the paper. But finally saw I was center but really high at 100 yds. I will get her back out there again soon.  Haven't shot it enough to give my opinion on it. Which my opinion means nothing . But I did hate the trigger. I have an AUG and it's factory . The trigger is alot better. Im not one to normally complain about triggers. I actually don't like a light trigger in a run and gun rifle. But this SOB was heavvvvvvyyyyy. Will it get any better ? I find I want a foregrip on it also.. I just need more time with her..... Thought Id share , Wardawg
View Quote

Not sure if you wound up sighting in with the irons or the M21... ???
I helped someone sight in their new-to-them Tavor with an M21 before, and it was definitely a ways off with the M21 new OOB - no way we'd get there starting at 100yards.  
I always sight new rifles in@25, then you can adjust with a ballistics calculator for your 'real' zero, then go out longer/to whatever your intended real zero is.

Can't help on the trigger, really - I'd expect the trigger to lighten up some w/use, and the 'remove spring' mod has already been mentioned.  Were it mine, I'd probably consider polishing the trigger internals slightly or lubing w/graphite or WS2, and seeing if that netted any improvements.  I do own an AUG, and a friend just picked up a Giselle-equipped Tavor - I definitely preferred the stock AUG trigger over the OE Tavor trigger, and back to back, I preferred the AUG HTM to the Giselle (w/out lightning bow, or their latest mod, base trigger only) equipped Tavor, but the Giselle is a definite improvement over the stock Tavor trigger.  I do think the trigger improvements help, whether through 'laziness' of the shooter or not - we were pinging small steel @100 and some@200 w/the Tavor with an EoTech on it.

YMMV as always.

Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just useing the irons. I had a big sheet of white paper and stapled a standard target to it at 100 yds. Thought I would find my holes and adjust to center from there. I just like to set the back up Irons at 100 point of aim and then put my Mepro 21 on it.  I was hitting way high but close to center.I forgot my adjustment tool, and just packed up the rifle. I'll get back to it. Just a good excuse to go back..Yeah I like a trigger pull about like a standard AR . I guess 8-10 pounds .. I want my rifle to take a good jarring and no AD. From running and flopping on the ground and such. Thanks again guys WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#10]
it makes a lot of sense to start out at 25 yds to get on paper before moving to 100
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top