BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2015 4:46:42 AM EDT
Forget about Muzzlelite.
Anything out there or in the works?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Can you not legally buy an aug or tavor where you live?

If you can, i wouldn't waste money on a bullpup conversion on any firearm
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried the Bushmaster kit years ago and it was so crappy I ended up trashing it. I didn't even feel comfortable selling it to someone else. I haven't heard of any that are really good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
No.  There are several bullpup conversion stocks that are actually quite decent; none of them are made for the Mini-14.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Which conversions are good?  Not being a dick, but live in CT and always looking for something new I can do with a preban.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can you not legally buy an aug or tavor where you live?

If you can, i wouldn't waste money on a bullpup conversion on any firearm
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a guy at my range a few weeks ago with his new Mini 14 bullpup, my shooting buddy informed me that it blew up after I left for the day, although it sounds like the muzzle brake might have come loose.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which conversions are good?  Not being a dick, but live in CT and always looking for something new I can do with a preban.
View Quote

The CBRPS 10/22 bullpup is a very nice kit, although the trigger is pretty attrocious.  With a little work, though, it can be made pretty decent, however by the time you factor in the cost of the 10/22, the stock, and the aftermarket trigger, you've spent more on the gun that what you would have spent on a good AR.

The Shernic Gun Works SKS stock is excellent, and the trigger mechanism eliminates many of the shortcomings of bullpup triggers.  Depending on your version of SKS, the installation can range from painless to miserable, with the Chinese M's being the hardest.  Despite that, this is probably the best engineered bullpup stock.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was a guy at my range a few weeks ago with his new Mini 14 bullpup, my shooting buddy informed me that it blew up after I left for the day, although it sounds like the muzzle brake might have come loose.
View Quote

Anyway to get do info on what chassis he was running?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top