Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2015 2:42:09 PM EDT
What is the deal with the Tavor Timney Triggers in regards to Gen 1 vs Gen 2? I just bought a new Tavor recently, do I need to get the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Trigger Pack? Is there a way to tell the difference in the Timney Model Numbers?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:53:46 AM EDT
[#2]
IWI changed the trigger housing on the SAR Tavor to allow the same trigger pack to be used in several different weapons.  All new Tavor SAR's come with a different housing, any new Tavor will not accept a trigger pack from a earlier released rifle.  The new trigger pack will fit in any Tavor but the original trigger pack will not fit in the new Tavors.  The new trigger packs have a notch or cut out which is not on the original trigger pack.   Shooting Sight and Geissele will swap out the housing if you buy a new Tavor but have a Gen one older trigger housing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 4:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What is the deal with the Tavor Timney Triggers in regards to Gen 1 vs Gen 2? I just bought a new Tavor recently, do I need to get the Gen 1 or Gen 2 Trigger Pack? Is there a way to tell the difference in the Timney Model Numbers?
View Quote

DONT BUY EITHER OF THE TIMNEY TAVOR TRIGGER PACKS.

You NEED to get the Geiselle or Tav-D. I have not shot Tav-D but I hear good things. Geiselle has been 100% reliable and costs the same.

The gen 1 Timney had way to many light strikes in 9mm so I sent it back and they sent the gen 2. Same problem. 1 out of 3 to 12 rounds would be light strike and insta jam. The stock trigger would run the same ammo and mags no problem.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I got this back from TImney when I emailed them the other day. It sounds like with the heavier hammer they might be able to fix that!

"
The current Gen is Gen 2. Late Sept 2015 we will come out with Gen 3. The difference between the two are the hammer and the dimensions. Gen 2 does not fit all IWI Tavor rifles. IWI changed the dimensions on their rifles in Jan/Feb this year, so our Gen 3 will be compatible will all older and newer model Tavor rifles.

We are currently waiting on the heavier hammers. Once we receive those back from heat treating, we will replace the hammers on any returns we have that experienced that issue. All Gen 3 and Gen 2 made from this point forward will have the heavier hammers.

If your Timney Tavor trigger model #680 works in your rifle, you are fine. If you ever experience any difficulty, we will take care of you right away. All you have to do is send the trigger back to us. We will repair or replace it if needed. You do have a lifetime warranty on all your Timney triggers, and our aim is to repair/replace and return the trigger to you within 24 hours of receiving it. So you won’t be left without for long
"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top