Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2015 8:34:05 PM EDT
Took out my bullpups for some loving today and snapped a photo

Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the one on the bottom right? I don't recognize it. Nice collection.
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Bottom right is a Keltec RFB
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bottom right is a Keltec RFB
View Quote

How do you like the UTAS?
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I like it a lot actually. The only thing I don't like is how the prices have plummeted on them since I bought mine. lol Not that I will ever sell it but still. I really like how it has the built in button for the light and laser. I chose this over the KSG. I will still get the KSG but I think the UTAS has several advantages on how it function such as the alternating feed
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Really nice collection! Have you considered hunting up a Norinco 86S? Not really an amazing gun, but it's a factory bullpup...
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
needs moar KSG
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
The Norinco, the KSG and a Bushmaster M17 are all on my list whenever I can swing them. I also have a 10/22 receiver in the safe that eventually will wind up in a bullpup chassis of some sort
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Am I the only one on the planet that dislikes the Tavor? I got a chance to shootone and I hated the feel of it. But at the same time I loved the AUG, I was able to handle but not shoot a an RFB and I liked that gun too!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#9]
What do you think about that TROS mount on the PS90?
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Am I the only one on the planet that dislikes the Tavor? I got a chance to shootone and I hated the feel of it. But at the same time I loved the AUG, I was able to handle but not shoot a an RFB and I liked that gun too!
View Quote

I had a FDE tavor from the first batch of 16's that went to the bullpupforum.com group buy. I had high hopes for it but it just wasn't for me. I ended up selling it a few months later. Nice gun, just not for me.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#11]

I love my AUG but HATE Steyrs attitude towards its customers......( civilian customers)
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What do you think about that TROS mount on the PS90?
View Quote

The mount I have is a weird creation I put together with a combination of some custom block someone made on another forum years ago mixed with a ARMS mount. It works good!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 10:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I had a FDE tavor from the first batch of 16's that went to the bullpupforum.com group buy. I had high hopes for it but it just wasn't for me. I ended up selling it a few months later. Nice gun, just not for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, I've posted here many times that for me it comes in 3rd behind the AUG and the FS2000....  Not sure where I rank the RFB as it's a different animal in .308!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice collection OP!
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:47:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I love my AUG but HATE Steyrs attitude towards its customers......( civilian customers)
View Quote

When I used Steyr's CS, the nice Austrian gentleman took great care of me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Great collection....have you ever had any issues with the RFB? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:02:05 AM EDT
[#17]
No the RFB has been 100% and I love it. It's wearing a Trijicon TR24 right now and I don't think a 1x4 is best suited for a .308 so I plan on changing it out with a Vortex scope with more magnification. Besides that, I love it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No the RFB has been 100% and I love it. It's wearing a Trijicon TR24 right now and I don't think a 1x4 is best suited for a .308 so I plan on changing it out with a Vortex scope with more magnification. Besides that, I love it.
View Quote

Natchez has a killer deal on the Bushnell Elite 1-6X right now.... BTR-1 FFP reticle.  Mine wears that scope with the BTR-2 FFP and I like it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome, they are still being made right?
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be honest. I have never ever seen one in a gun shop. I've even had a couple gun shop employees tell me there are vaporware. Why after being out for years they are still next to impossible to find, I have no clue. I mean the KSG is now at every gun shop I go to. I lucked out and got on a list at a gun shop. There were only two of us on the list and after a couple months I got a call saying that first guy on list didn't have cash and they got one in. I was there within minutes lol. You can still find them on Gunbroker on occasion but for some reason they are not widely distributed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 9:06:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll be honest. I have never ever seen one in a gun shop. I've even had a couple gun shop employees tell me there are vaporware. Why after being out for years they are still next to impossible to find, I have no clue. I mean the KSG is now at every gun shop I go to. I lucked out and got on a list at a gun shop. There were only two of us on the list and after a couple months I got a call saying that first guy on list didn't have cash and they got one in. I was there within minutes lol. You can still find them on Gunbroker on occasion but for some reason they are not widely distributed.
View Quote

I saw a video where a Keltec employee was shooting a RDB prototype. He said it (RDB) is much easier to manufacture than the RFB so will have much better availability. He didn't provide any specifics, but perhaps that is the bottle neck. I would like an RFB, but have read a couple of times the RDB will eventually be scaled up to .308 and replace the RFB.

Nice collection, btw.

ETA: Found the video at the 4min mark availability is discussed.[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmHPpjR1aQ[/youtube]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm with you on the Tavor and the Steyr Aug. I bought a Tavor and hated it. Really cheap feeling brittle plastic stock and the rail sits too low. You need a riser for any scope or sights. But, the worst feature was that ungodly 9 or 10 lb trigger pull. I sold the Tavor and kept the Aug and bought a second one. I used to have a Keltec RFB. A great idea but poorly executed. Again, like the Tavor, the plastic stock felt brittle and cheap. It was not as easy to disassemble as the Steyr Aug and it would not feed reliably out of magazines over 20 rds. I has some DSA 30 rd magazines for the FN FAL as well as DSA converted Bren Gun 30rd magazines for the FN FAL, and the RFB would not reliably feed rounds from either magazines. It worked fine with 20rd FN FAL magazines. I'm patiently waiting for the Desert Tech MDR to be released.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Extremely impressive collection, OP!
I only have 2 bullpups...

The KSG was in the same "gunshop availability" situation just a few years ago. Everything from Kel-Tec goes through the trickle-down effect. Unfortunately I haven't fired a Kel-tec bullpup rifle.
I have played with, fired, and worked on the Tavor and I don't really like it that much. I thought I wanted one for years (I guess since Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Rainbow Six 3), but when I actually got one in-hand it was like, meh. Just not worth the $ IMO.
I also got to repair and play with a Mossberg bullpup, and it was cool, but heavy and impractical. I had to blast with it for a few minutes though, while pretending to be like that one black guy in the original Stargate movie. lol
And the P90/PS90, while fun, I've just never been sold on it. I'm kinda kicking myslelf for not picking one up when they were $800, but then I look at ammo prices for 5.7 and stop regretting that immediately. Plus I am a big guy, so there's really not much difference in burden of carrying a P90 vs a F2000 or AUG, which fire better and less expensive bullets. If I am to get a PDW with special ammo, it shall be the HK MP7.
I've been eyeballing the B&T MP9/TP9, but everyone tells me the trigger sucks (and my memory of dry-firing one confirms this). I haven't heard of anyone making it better. Perhaps it's possible?

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:01:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Extremely impressive collection, OP!

I only have 2 bullpups...
View Quote

That bottom one looks intriguing though ... F2000 barrel and foregrip?

I agree with your priorities though  AUG #1, FS2000 #2.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:48:53 PM EDT
[#26]
It's an F2000.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's an F2000.
View Quote

Nice!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top