Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2015 5:33:36 PM EDT
So I had one of those plastic front rails on the bottom of the handguard on my Tavor, with a bipod attached to it.  While trying to pull the leg of the bipod down, the rail snapped in half.  IWI is already off for the day, soI'm gonna call again on Monday, but I figured some of you might enjoy the story.  I'll post more after I talk with them about it, I assume they'll just replace it for me.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a well known issue with IWI's plastic rail. If you want to have a rail for a bi-pod on their hand gard then I recommend getting the one from Homeland Guns called the T-Rex LT. It has a threaded hole in the rail for direct attachment of a bi-pod.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is a well known issue with IWI's plastic rail. If you want to have a rail for a bi-pod on their hand gard then I recommend getting the one from Homeland Guns called the T-Rex LT. It has a threaded hole in the rail for direct attachment of a bi-pod.
View Quote

yes, that or an AUG seriously though, good luck with the replacement.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Derp. Because AUG bipods are really easy to come by, or you don't need to add any extra parts to adapt normal bipods to work on an AUG, right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:54:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I threaded a sling swivel stud into the hole on the hand guard of my Tavor and use my Harris bipod.  The Tavor manual advises the hole is made for a stud for use with a bipod.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top