Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/12/2015 3:19:34 PM EDT
There is no perfect optic and I've been experimenting for decades now.  When it's magnified, you want the speed of a non-magnifying red-dot.  When you've got the red-dot, you magnification for those 300yd shots.  Competition with conventional rifles has shown that a primary magnified optic with an offset red-dot works pretty well.  I know of one guy who used the same set up for two tours in Afghanistan.  So before I spend money, has anyone ever tried it on a Bullpup.  Especially a Steyr AUG/MSAR?  I "think" the cheek will still clear ejecting brass, but "think" is not the same as "know".
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I am using it on my Steyr AUG in conjunction with a TA-33.  I am at work now so can't get pictures but it does work perfectly. This is the sight I have:   http://www.gggaz.com/45-degree-transition-sights.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried using a TA33f on my E4 along with an Aimpoint T1 micro in an offset mount.  Worked ok but instead of putting it on the right side which you would normally do on an AR and roll the rifle to the left, I had to put it on the strong side which was not ideal.  The reason I put it on the strong side is because when I would roll the gun 45 degrees to the left it put the evection port right in front of my eyeball.  I quickly took that setup off and went with a 1-4 variable optic.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top