Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 6:54:57 PM EDT
What have we learned about the gun since I ordered it > 2 years ago? I have another 4 days to respond . . .

Any long-term reliability reviews? Any good accuracy tests?

Also what is a fair price?

Mike
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if they are ready to ship it, take it.  I've had mine for just over 2 years.  Its not my primary gun, but I've probably shot 800 rounds.  Never had a problem (PS: Mine is a Gen I gun - Yours will be a Gen II if its coming from Keltec).  

Note that its a gun you need to fiddle with.  You just don't load a bunch of ammo in the mag and shoot it.  All ammo is different, and this gun needs to be adjusted to it.

I like it because I have bad shoulder, and shooting a .308 or bigger gun hurts it.   With the RFB, I can adjust the gas system so that if feels like I'm shooting .223.

JMHO.

Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:06:45 PM EDT
[#2]
After waiting 2 years I would take it.  If you don't like it you should be able to sell it for more than you bought it for.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kel-Tec RFB is what got me convinced that I wanted a bullpup design rifle.  I already had an Armalite .308 AR10, and I love that rifle, so an RFB was out.  The RFB I got to check out fully was a friend's rifle that he's had for awhile.  He's a well informed gun guy with all manner of excellent handguns and rifles.  He can have just about any .308 rifle that he wants, and this is one of his favorites...and he actually shoots the guns he owns...a lot...and has quite a bit of NFA stuff.  Anyway, he's one of those guys who I'd give some credence to his assessment of a given gun.  I liked the RFB well enough to almost immediately go out and get a 5.56 bullpup.  If I hadn't already owned an AR10 .308, I would have bought one for myself...and may still in the future.  Some get irritated about Kel-Tec for one reason or the other, and that's their right.  Still, I think they come up with some pretty creative firearms.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell yes, buy it.  Mine (18" GenII) ran right out of the box.  Assuming you're getting a BNIB "fresh" from Kel-Tec, then I think you'll be very happy - perhaps with the addition of a slip-on recoil pad

After a 2yr wait I'd sure hope there's no crazy markup associated with it!  

Richard
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm very happy with mine.  The market's cooled a bit, but even now you should be able to get your money back or trade it for a decent .308 AR if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
The price is $1459, btw.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The price is $1459, btw.

Mike
View Quote

That's a very decent price on the RFB from everything I've currently seen.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I placed the order.  It should ship Monday.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#9]
You made the right call. The gen 2 rifles are good to go - it's a solid setup (especially suppressed). <$1500 is a bargain. KT has quality customer service too if you happen upon problems. I'd recommend the plastic check piece cover. Enjoy it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 2:16:39 AM EDT
[#10]
2500+ rounds through my 18" gen 2 with no failures using 147gr surplus brass case ammo. Once the gas system is adjusted to a round you like/have a lot of, leave it alone and just shoot it. DSA mags are good to go. I get the impression that the haters on the internet are unable to make them run (tards who can't adjust the gas system like the manual says ) or just have no experience with them or no money for one. FWIW mine shoots 0.75-1.25 MOA if I do my part. If you look at the kel tec boards, most out there are trouble free and kel tec's service is very good to those that do have issues.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My RFB Grouped a consistent 2 1/2" and really hammered the primers on CBC 7.62x51, popping a few. Ran steel cased .308 great though. Less than $1500 is a good enough price that if you don't like it, it shouldn't be hard to get your money back.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]
That js a greatbprice, I paidn$1700 for mine a year or so ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top