Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2015 1:12:51 PM EDT
I just installed mine.

The whole trigger set up was pricey but this makes it even better than it was with just the super sabra.  There is no creep what so ever and light crisp pull.

I also noticed there was a feeling where the cocking mechanism felt like it was hanging up before.  After installing the bow that is gone.  It was a little bit complicated compared to dropped the sear in, but well worth it.  If anyone is on the fence buy it!

EDIT.  I did have to file the trigger pocket down just slightly for correct operation.  The trigger was working but if I held my finger on it after a trigger put it would not reset.  I contacted tech support and said the polymer tolerances vary a little.  It didn't even take 45 seconds of filing to let the trigger swing feely.  Now it works perfectly.  

Once you tear a tavor apart once the second time is easy.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just installed mine.

The whole trigger set up was pricey but this makes it even better than it was with just the super sabra.  There is no creep what so ever and light crisp pull.

I also noticed there was a feeling where the cocking mechanism felt like it was hanging up before.  After installing the bow that is gone.  It was a little bit complicated compared to dropped the sear in, but well worth it.  If anyone is on the fence buy it!

<a href="http://s8.photobucket.com/user/BikesGunsMusic/media/43E3CC9A-5D26-4154-97CE-B02890155034_zpsubqjxgro.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a34/BikesGunsMusic/43E3CC9A-5D26-4154-97CE-B02890155034_zpsubqjxgro.jpg</a>
View Quote

waiting on the next batch...
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:28:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I pre ordered a few weeks ago. I was surprised it came as fast as it did.  I was told late April/May
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 6:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Also waiting and can't wait to install.
Can you be more informative on the install?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:08:37 PM EDT
[#4]
The install requires pulling the barrel. It's all in the manual top rail comes out cocking assembly comes out bolt assembly comes out sear comes out the. The trigger bow comes out. It takes a little bit of setting up with some set screws but that isn't bad. Pulling the gun apart isn't awful, but it isn't something I want to do all the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

EDIT.  I did have to file the trigger pocket down just slightly for correct operation.  The trigger was working but if I held my finger on it after a trigger put it would not reset.  I contacted tech support and said the polymer tolerances vary a little.  It didn't even take 45 seconds of filing to let the trigger swing feely.  Now it works perfe
View Quote

They've apparently corrected this one the second batch, it was just an issue on the first batch going out
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They've apparently corrected this one the second batch, it was just an issue on the first batch going out
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

EDIT.  I did have to file the trigger pocket down just slightly for correct operation.  The trigger was working but if I held my finger on it after a trigger put it would not reset.  I contacted tech support and said the polymer tolerances vary a little.  It didn't even take 45 seconds of filing to let the trigger swing feely.  Now it works perfe

Agree.  No issues with spacing.
I did have an issue with how simple the upgrade was.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Installed mine Monday, did a little live fire with the Sabra pack and bow yesterday.

Damn nice trigger.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 9:37:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Installed mine Monday, did a little live fire with the Sabra pack and bow yesterday.

Damn nice trigger.
View Quote

Did the same today and tested it for maybe 200 rounds.  Outstanding improvement.  

Not to derail the thread but has upon ammo testing I found my Tavor hates m193 fed, centurion, and LC.  Given the 6" groups I was shooting both with and without a can, I opted to try some 62 grain Silver Bear HP.  Got about 1-2" groups with an Aimpoint at 100 yards.  Has anyone else found a tendency toward heavier rounds?  I ran some 65/68 grain HP/BTHP with similar results vs 55gr.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:26:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I shot a few rounds in my Tavor yesterday which puts a smile on my face.  I have a super Sabra but no trigger bow but my Tavor likes my hand load using 69 grain SMK.  I just got some 75 grain BTHP bullets I want to try in the Tavor but I've got to get the 75's loaded.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:33:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I shot a few rounds in my Tavor yesterday which puts a smile on my face.  I have a super Sabra but no trigger bow but my Tavor likes my hand load using 69 grain SMK.  I just got some 75 grain BTHP bullets I want to try in the Tavor but I've got to get the 75's loaded.
View Quote

I have read that Tavor loves the heavier round.
Make sure to give us a report on your results with the 75g.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 3:24:29 PM EDT
[#11]
1/7 twist will prefer heavier bullets every time
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:27:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did the same today and tested it for maybe 200 rounds.  Outstanding improvement.  

Not to derail the thread but has upon ammo testing I found my Tavor hates m193 fed, centurion, and LC.  Given the 6" groups I was shooting both with and without a can, I opted to try some 62 grain Silver Bear HP.  Got about 1-2" groups with an Aimpoint at 100 yards.  Has anyone else found a tendency toward heavier rounds?  I ran some 65/68 grain HP/BTHP with similar results vs 55gr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn nice trigger.

I've tried 77gr Federal gold match and was getting close to 1 moa.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:45:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn nice trigger.

Damn, those 77gr are expensive.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone installed the trigger bow with with the stock trigger pack?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:12:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did, and there was a remarkable improvement.  This was followed by the full monty, what was a good experience became even better with the new bow!

If you are vacillating, go for it, you will be impressed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:44:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I did, and there was a remarkable improvement.  This was followed by the full monty, what was a good experience became even better with the new bow!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alright already stop twisting my arm

I am only an hour away so hopefully I have it by the weekend.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow very nice even with the stock pack (for now) no creep, no slop, its all pull now!
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#18]
I just installed mine last night.  I have a Timney trigger pack (with no issues).  Installation was easy, though I had to do minor filing to the trigger clearance slot to achieve totally free movement.  Simple procedure.  Adjustment was straightforward and easy.  

I now have a nice, clean, crisp, single stage break at 5 lbs. with a great reset and a rock hard safety block.  This is exactly what I wanted for my Tavor.  This is a must have upgrade, IMO.

I threw on a Manticore butt plate and Manticore safety lever at the same time.  I've now got the perfect SHTF semi-automatic rifle (for me).
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#19]
After installing any of the aftermarket trigger parts is switching to 9mm and back an issue?

I hadn't planned to "upgrade" but I guess I'm wrapped up in the hype!
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:52:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe later. I want to try the Super Sabra with the stock trigger first. We all change parts on new guns. I am guilty. I wonder if we let them wear in a little?

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

You hand load for it? This thing destroys brass,,,,,,,unless you know something I don't?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You hand load for it? This thing destroys brass,,,,,,,unless you know something I don't?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My reclaimed brass was fine.  Are you referring to dents?  I think someone else had that issue but I don't think everyone does.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

My reclaimed brass was fine.  Are you referring to dents?  I think someone else had that issue but I don't think everyone does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have recovered all my brass from the Tavor which some are dented from hitting the shell deflector.  If your concerned about the dent a soft piece of stick on velcro does wonders on reducing dented cases.  I'll admit I don't hot rod my reloads and have only shot a few 5.56.  Most of the factory I've shot was 223 Remington which is not as hot.  Even though the case is dented I haven't had any issues reloading these cases with moderate powder charges.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes the dent I reload for everything but I just use milsurp 855 and get 1.5 Moa which I feel is fine for this type of ammo in a pure cqb rifle ,I'm sure I could get .75 Moa with reloads but meh to much fun blasting and gets on target when I post up.Hell of an idea with the Velcro! The trigger pack is superb so if you guys say the lightning bow makes it better yet it's next on my list. Sorry for the hijack was just curious.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 12:30:58 AM EDT
[#25]
10 pull average with Tav-D and Geissele lightning bow.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Anyone have a video of the Tavor Trigger bow install?  Got it all apart down to drifting the trigger pin out.  Just confused on how to disconect the transfer bar with screwing it up.  Tips on this would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Anyone have a video of the Tavor Trigger bow install?  Got it all apart down to drifting the trigger pin out.  Just confused on how to disconect the transfer bar with screwing it up.  Tips on this would also be appreciated.

Thanks
View Quote

I don't have a video, but you have to bend and pull a little bit.  Just do it carefully.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:33:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't have a video, but you have to bend and pull a little bit.  Just do it carefully.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

You're right, it turned out to be no big deal.  I had to stare at the bow/transfer bar interface for a couple of minutes but then saw how it separates.  All in all an easy update.  I already had the "G" trigger pack, but with the bow it's now an amazing setup.  It's no match bolt gun trigger, but it holds its own versus the "G" AR triggers I use that only have to overcome 30% of the hassles a bull pup trigger has to deal with.

Thanks for the encouragement.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#29]
I just installed the bow and I am questioning how much movement it is supposed to be having before firing, It seems like I have about 1/4 to half inch of creep in the thing before it fires. I adjusted it to were the safety would work but it seems that when I fire the damn thing it doesnt want to reset without having to give the trigger a little nudge forward. I guess I have one of the older tavors going by the factory box mine came with so ive read that you need to remove a little bit of plastic to get it to swing freely. ok what area do I need to work on to get it to work right? and any pictures would be appreciated. Ive checked youtube and there isnt anything to help.

Thanks
Dave
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 8:27:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Do you reuse the stock spring with the lightning bow
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Do you reuse the stock spring with the lightning bow

View Quote

No, you do not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top