Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 8:04:53 PM EDT
Been trying to get a full answer on this, I'm in the market for a Tavor, but am wondering if I should wait if they plan to evolve the regular Tavor into the X95. Is this happening or is it just for a SBR model?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Supposedly late this year, and itll be title 1 length first (extended HG and BBL)
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposedly late this year, and itll be title 1 length first (extended HG and BBL)
View Quote

The IWI rep at Shotshow 2015 said end of the year 2015.

That usually means summer of 2016.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:17:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gun writers might get their review units by then.

Us normal people...

AJ
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 2:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which rep said that?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which rep said that?

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=7441.0

From the man himself
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Look for the semi-auto version of the X95 (non-SBR) by year end.
View Quote

Will you eventually make an SBR version available for civilian purchase?

Yes
View Quote

Oh boy oh boy!!!  I can't wait.  

I desperately need more stamps but I'm good on cans.  I've been looking for a nice factory SBR and nothing really looks all that appealing, except the prospect of an  X95.  

16" X95 by year end, so realistically sometime early 2016... so hopefully end of 2016 we'll get the real deal SBR??  Seems a long way off but I can wait.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I desperately need more stamps but I'm good on cans.  I've been looking for a nice factory SBR and nothing really looks all that appealing, except the prospect of an  X95.  

16" X95 by year end, so realistically sometime early 2016... so hopefully end of 2016 we'll get the real deal SBR??  Seems a long way off but I can wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes

Have one regular, and one SBR
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Or two SBRs!  
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully it won't be any more costly than the Tavor. I assume they will continue to sell both side by side? Truthfully, if the issues with the X95 are worked out, it seems like it is better in just about every way than the original. But having both is  always nice for collectors.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Other than the mag release, what's better about the X95?   Not trying to be a dick, but I think the Tavor is the better looking of the two and heard the X95 had issues??
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Other than the mag release, what's better about the X95?   Not trying to be a dick, but I think the Tavor is the better looking of the two and heard the X95 had issues??
View Quote

That obviously biased X95 review from the other site is never going to die i swear.   The X95 and Tavor share the majority of their parts, and the internals are all the same.  Why would moving the charging handle and mag release suddenly cause a gun to have issues?
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#14]
That's fair, and I'm not judging.  I don't own either living in CT so have no first hand knowledge and own guns like the US made Sig 556 Swiss that everyone else thinks suck but I love.  Is the closer charging handle more comfy?  I can't help that I think the Tavor "Looks" better in my eyes, but interested in the benefits to the X95
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:16:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That's fair, and I'm not judging.  I don't own either living in CT so have no first hand knowledge and own guns like the US made Sig 556 Swiss that everyone else thinks suck but I love.  Is the closer charging handle more comfy?  I can't help that I think the Tavor "Looks" better in my eyes, but interested in the benefits to the X95
View Quote

X95 benefits:
Shorter LOP (no more big buttpad)
Mag release like an AR
Lighter
(if SBR) really short OAL
Bolt drop button is not so huge
Interchangeable grip (Tavor style or normal PG)
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#16]
X95 benefits:
coolest
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That obviously biased X95 review from the other site is never going to die i swear.   The X95 and Tavor share the majority of their parts, and the internals are all the same.  Why would moving the charging handle and mag release suddenly cause a gun to have issues?
View Quote

What biased review are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#19]

I believe that IDF have stop buying new Tavor for a while. The Tavor production line is still running for make commercial variant and for foreign military such as the Thai Army and Indian military contract. At least one Indian Airborne division and an independent airborne brigade are start buying Tavor to replace their POS INSAS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:09:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Review was by an IDF guy... is that biased?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would need to read the review before I can judge that. Was it biased? Probably. Ask 20 us army soldiers how they view the M4 and you'll get plenty of differing opinions and conflicting reports. One review should never be taken as if it were the definitive report.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Got this in my mailbox the their day. Looks like 95 will be out fall.

Damn an I was just about to pull the trigger on the tavor

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/hiding-in-plain-sight-at-the-iwi-booth-nra-2015/
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:40:13 PM EDT
[#23]
I was about to buy the Tavor 9mm conversion kit. I called IWI today after seeing that article. I was told that the 9mm conversion kits were not interchangeable between the Tavor and the x95 so you will need a different 9mm conversion kit for the x95.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I would need to read the review before I can judge that. Was it biased? Probably. Ask 20 us army soldiers how they view the M4 and you'll get plenty of differing opinions and conflicting reports. One review should never be taken as if it were the definitive report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess you have a point... but its the only one out there and its pretty in depth. From fit and finish to ergos... accuracy , weight... etc. Didn't come off like a guy with an ideological agenda
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 9:57:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Great article and info!

Wish there was more mention of SBR release and pricing.

This thing sounds like a winner.  All of the features we would expect, and it doesn't sound like they're arbitrarily raising the price on us over the SAR.

I've toyed around with the idea of a factory AR SBR, short barrel SCAR 16, or swapping barrel on a PS90, etc, but each one has its drawbacks.  This is the real-deal, from the factory, needs nothing, and is a truly tiny package but with full power ammo.  No drawbacks besides the pricetag and the wait.  It's going to be a long year...
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#26]
The guy who was quoted in the GunsAmerica story may have been a bit optimistic. First quarter of 2015 at the earliest for the civilian version of the X95 (will be designated the X95 SAR).
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 5:49:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

The guy who was quoted in the GunsAmerica story may have been a bit optimistic. First quarter of 2015 at the earliest for the civilian version of the X95 (will be designated the X95 SAR).
View Quote

Will factory SBRs be offered? Or at least short barrels?
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the update.  I assume yall meant 2016?  Can we assume the left hand model (or at least lefty conversion service) will be offered at the same time

Also. Will the handguard be the length as seen at the NRA show. Id vote for those over longer versions despite the barrel length.    The SBR people could then just get their barrel chopped at ADCO and people who wanted more rail space anyway would probably be happier with the original tavor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#29]
WE WANT A FACTORY SBR.

Chopping barrels is for the birds.

I also don't want to purchase two barrels.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the first quarter of 2015
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

WE WANT A FACTORY SBR.

View Quote
What about factory replacement barrels?

Like the 18" or 21" options for the SAR, and then similarly the factory SBR length for customers who've jumped through the hoops?

I would imagine that IWI might release 5.56 barrels as replacements for people buying dedicated 9mm rifles, so why not just do the above, while they're at it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:18:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Like the 18" or 21" options for the SAR, and then similarly the factory SBR length for customers who've jumped through the hoops?

I would imagine that IWI might release 5.56 barrels as replacements for people buying dedicated 9mm rifles, so why not just do the above, while they're at it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WE WANT A FACTORY SBR.

Yeah SBR should be a factory option alongside the 16" option.  Order it from my dealer, pay for the stamp, pick it up a few months later.  Easy peasy, and you get the satisfaction/peace of mind/warm and fuzzies of a factory stock rifle with no stories.

On the other hand, a factory replacement barrel requires you to own two barrels.  Drawbacks include, but are not limited to:
1) You have to wait for factory barrels to be offered (which may never happen).
2) A new barrel will cost at least $600, maybe even $800 or more.  I think SCAR barrel assemblies are a grand.  
3) Barrel should be easy to swap, but if not, it's going to require a gunsmith (extra cost).
4) You have to get the gun engraved because it's not a factory SBR (extra cost).
5) What the hell do you do with the old barrel?  I'd have no use for it.  Not a big market for second-hand factory-length barrels.  Lord knows I don't need any more superfluous gun parts laying around.
etc.

All said and done, a replacement barrel option could easily double the cost of the rifle.  Factory SBR is just the extra cost of the stamp for a product that is 100% perfect from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, though when we can't yet say.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:22:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It will be a while before you see the X95 on the market.

If you want a Tavor now buy a Tavor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Been trying to get a full answer on this, I'm in the market for a Tavor, but am wondering if I should wait if they plan to evolve the regular Tavor into the X95. Is this happening or is it just for a SBR model?

It will be a while before you see the X95 on the market.

If you want a Tavor now buy a Tavor.

Indeed.

The Tavor is a mighty fine weapon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Will both of these be offered or just the large trigger guard version?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:26:07 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Yeah SBR should be a factory option alongside the 16" option.  Order it from my dealer, pay for the stamp, pick it up a few months later.  Easy peasy, and you get the satisfaction/peace of mind/warm and fuzzies of a factory stock rifle with no stories.

On the other hand, a factory replacement barrel requires you to own two barrels.  Drawbacks include, but are not limited to:

2) A new barrel will cost at least $600, maybe even $800 or more.  I think SCAR barrel assemblies are a grand.  

3) Barrel should be easy to swap, but if not, it's going to require a gunsmith (extra cost).

4) You have to get the gun engraved because it's not a factory SBR (extra cost).

5) What the hell do you do with the old barrel?  I'd have no use for it.  Not a big market for second-hand factory-length barrels.  Lord knows I don't need any more superfluous gun parts laying around.

etc.

All said and done, a replacement barrel option could easily double the cost of the rifle.  Factory SBR is just the extra cost of the stamp for a product that is 100% perfect from the manufacturer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WE WANT A FACTORY SBR.

etc.

I honestly hadn't thought of several of those aspects.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 1:04:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8414/8783679493_050884b236_b.jpg
View Quote

I'm pretty sure they're usable swappable. If IWI offers them for sale you can pick which one you like.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#38]
SBR X95 in 300BLK might just be the most perfect weapon currently available to the civilian community.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I wish they had a more comfortable cheek weld area like the AUG
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I didn't catch my own typo. Thanks!

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.

Ha Ha When I hit the 2015 I got so so excited .. but 2016 is good also that gives me time to get a ace...
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:35:51 PM EDT
[#44]
OST.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.

And are you still going to sell the standard Tavors (TAR-21), for people who prefer them?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

And are you still going to sell the standard Tavors (TAR-21), for people who prefer them?
Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIRST QUARTER OF 2016.

Thanks

As successful as the standard Tavor has been in the U.S. market, I would not foresee IWI-US dropping it....

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:24:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Yeah thread title is bad/misleading... IWI isn't doing away with the Tavor.  Two separate products.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 1:46:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8414/8783679493_050884b236_b.jpg
View Quote

Neither have much room to get a gloved finger in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top